Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A place I know had a cafe that eventually stopped selling Guinness chocolate cake because it was triggering to people in recovery from alcohol abuse.
I always think it must be even more difficult nowadays to abstain from alcohol if you have had an issue with it as you can practically get alcohol anywhere now, things you would have done easily like go to the cinema for example, now most cinemas serve wine/beer

Reactions: 20
I always think it must be even more difficult nowadays to abstain from alcohol if you have had an issue with it as you can practically get alcohol anywhere now, things you would have done easily like go to the cinema for example, now most cinemas serve wine/beer
She swigs soy sauce straight out the bottle when she goes to the cinema.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
how professional. Also this journalist appears to work for the sun - good to see Jack's morals are still as strong as ever

View attachment 313726
18k emails? Is the fabled admin assistant still furloughed?

Jack, you do know you can import a csv document into excel (just select, er, commas to separate the values) Mailmerge from there, print labels. No special equipment needed.

Reactions: 17
I know it’s easy to make light of her being eaten by the vampire but honestly, she needs to be super careful with her self-triangulating!
98E6917B-2E3A-4043-9517-9D1C3266776E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if she ever did this? Another one for the to do list?

i dunno.... do people want it on the list or shall we just keep it to things from this year? i mean, if we go back to 2016, does that mean i'll still be here in 4 years, checking back to see if she's ever finished anything ever again? :oops:

it's not like her "recipes" get published outside of her blog/twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
i dunno.... do people want it on the list or shall we just keep it to things from this year? i mean, if we go back to 2016, does that mean i'll still be here in 4 years, checking back to see if she's ever finished anything ever again? :oops:

it's not like her "recipes" get published outside of her blog/twitter.
Ah I meant for her personal never ending to do list! If we took stuff from four years back you'd have a book of items larger than War and Peace to keep track of 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Grunkering but as someone who has brought up two boys and has a teenage step-son I can confidently say that
3E5B152D-F294-49FA-B15A-874D6E18311F.jpeg
this is bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Is anyone else imagining SB sounding like Zoidberg in Jack's breakfast story?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
😂 restaurants I have consulted for 🤣 is there a chain of slop for you?
Ok, who wants to come in as partners in a new chain of “Slop-u-like“ restaurants? 😂

PS Can’t read that without remembering Victoria Wood pronouncing it ‘Spud-ooo-lick-ay’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Bloody hell is that vampire guy Stuart in disguise? I feel a smidge of pity for Jack now. It's not the cabal you need to worry about. Better hope he is too thick to triangulate you Jackie.

If safety mattered that much to you, you wouldn't plaster your son's face all over the place and share personal details about him. Especially not when you have a 'stalker'. Ditto re Louisa's strava.

She can't sue us but even if it did go to court she would just get another bollocking from the judge and we would get a commendation for excellent record keeping. Evidence is vital.

Finally if Jack is going to reference us by slipping our usernames into seemingly innocuous statements she can put mine to good use. When she is cosplaying at being a Scot again she can tweet that "people huv tae know all aboot Tattle life and all ma threads on there. Hootsman!"

I do love a morning chaos 😂
it’s truly something when we’re longing for the wholesome days of spunky stu

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Not a friend of Bill W, so genuine question. My understanding (based on Google) is that it takes a very long time (3 hours+) for alcohol to be cooked out. In which case it might not be wise to promote this recipe, coming from where she is, or claims to be?

P.S. @Nottonightbabe. This might help to explain the cooking of the tinned meat for 12 hours when Marina O'Loughlin came calling - I'd forgotten that there was a significant quantity of red wine in the dish...

I know it’s easy to make light of her being eaten by the vampire but honestly, she needs to be super careful with her self-triangulating!
View attachment 314020
From Southend sea front:

1605627624728.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not a friend of Bill W, so genuine question. My understanding (based on Google) is that it takes a very long time (3 hours+) for alcohol to be cooked out. In which case it might not be wise to promote this recipe, coming from where she is, or claims to be?

P.S. @Nottonightbabe. This might help to explain the cooking of the tinned meat for 12 hours when Marina O'Loughlin came calling - I'd forgotten that there was a significant quantity of red wine in the dish...

From Southend sea front:

View attachment 314067
You wouldn’t cook with alcohol full stop, she doesn’t listen to anything though she never stopped drinking those brew dog numbers had 0.6% ABV and she’s knocking back the kombucha and dib dabs. She’s a real danger to hugely vulnerable people when she starts dishing out advice on drinking & drugging.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.