Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is the second time I have seen her offer a "pub quote".

She did it to the chef who brought out a book on pies recently, too.

Nobody knows who you are love 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39

I HAVE A VIDEO OF US LAUGHING.....

What do you mean why was I filming it?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
CHRISTMAS LIST by Jack Monroe, aged 32 and three quarters

SB, beloved flesh blood and ruiner of abdominal muscles - a biscuit (remember to take a bite of it), some cooking bacon and a yellow stickered ham sandwich. NB ask his dad to pick up some stale Greggs items for his stocking.

BB, ex-fiancée and hapless paypig - further ritual humiliation and the privilege of sharing a sense of humour with me, the funniest person in the world

ME - books, designer clothes, Cotswold furniture, a padded seat for the water rower all paid for my beloved fans who probably OWN THEIR OWN HOMES and everything!

Twitter randoms fortunate enough to be online at same time as me - whatever they want from me, the bountiful and beatific Jack Monroe, giver of FREE, PERFECTLY TESTED recipes, branded chocolate bars and jars of yeast spread.

Santa, Mom, I’ve been ever ever so good this year. Please get me a TV show where I can tell my unheard story of woe again and again. Maybe a Hairy Bikers kind of show but I’m cooking from Auschwitz because after all, at least those slain by the Nazis still had lightbulbs but I had to unscrew mine all those years ago.

Thankyou fam,
From the crappy, freezing bungalow with the tropical kitchen,
Jack xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
GOV.UK specifically says that you should avoid bubbling with someone outside your local area - to avoid people travelling from high risk areas to lower risk areas. Exactly their situation. I’m really surprised Louisa is prepared to bend (but not break) the rules. When you’re in a position of holding people to account it’s really best to try and be as squeaky clean as possible yourself...
Are we sure it is Louisa? The evidence to me seems to be pointing away from her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
CHRISTMAS LIST by Jack Monroe, aged 32 and three quarters

SB, beloved flesh blood and ruiner of abdominal muscles - a biscuit (remember to take a bite of it), some cooking bacon and a yellow stickered ham sandwich. NB ask his dad to pick up some stale Greggs items for his stocking.

BB, ex-fiancée and hapless paypig - further ritual humiliation and the privilege of sharing a sense of humour with me, the funniest person in the world

ME - books, designer clothes, Cotswold furniture, a padded seat for the water rower all paid for my beloved fans who probably OWN THEIR OWN HOMES and everything!

Twitter randoms fortunate enough to be online at same time as me - whatever they want from me, the bountiful and beatific Jack Monroe, giver of FREE, PERFECTLY TESTED recipes, branded chocolate bars and jars of yeast spread.

Santa, Mom, I’ve been ever ever so good this year. Please get me a TV show where I can tell my unheard story of woe again and again. Maybe a Hairy Bikers kind of show but I’m cooking from Auschwitz because after all, at least those slain by the Nazis still had lightbulbs but I had to unscrew mine all those years ago.

Thankyou fam,
From the crappy, freezing bungalow with the tropical kitchen,
Jack xxx

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
would be interested to see her engagement rate on the “who wants something at the shops?” Tweets to any normal tweets ( I say normal...”
Seems like she is desperate for mass engagement.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
duck me she's pissed me off today... The misdirection regarding treats Vs actual paid patreon stuff.. made worse by JM asking said patreons to keep it on the downlow when they haven't received items THEY HAVE PAID FOR.
The Asda trips have gone from Willy Fogg type adventures to just a simple nip down there to grab popularity chocolates.
Finally that Helmand comment.... Unless her brother was one of only a few RAF trades that were out on the ground there .. he was at Bastion which is a world apart from those boys and girls that did a proper Helmand province tour.

ETA.. posting this while howling and clawing at my laminate floor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I genuinely thought you guys were being too literal and taking things too seriously when she asked what people wanted at the shop, because I’ve seen it done on Twitter lots as a ‘joke’ (ie. I’m going to the bar, what’s everyone having? Or I’ve got the kettle on, fancy a cuppa type thing, not my humour but each to their own)

i actually can’t believe she’s sending stuff to randoms! It’s odd on any level but especially when you are ‘on a tight budget’. Ffs!
She has just such a good heart and can't say no. She would give her last shirt. That's our Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.