Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being so poor you can't afford butter but can buy sweets and chocolate for lots of internet strangers and the price of postage to send it to them. Imagine being so busy but still having the time to do this tit. Imagine being so environmentally friendly that you think this is a good idea at all. But hey, as long as at least one squiggle publically tells her she's the kindest person on twitter, it's all been worth it! Cringe Jack, you need a weekend hobby like now
If she wants to play at Father Christmas why not bulk buy a few selection boxes or toiletries and ask the squiggles to nominate a local food bank or community charity in their area who would be able to use them either through distributing them to people in need or as prizes in a fundraising raffle. She wouldn't need to give to every single one but she could just pick a few at random and those that miss out would still benefit from a bit of free publicity. For an anti-poverty campaigner she spends remarkably little time thinking about ways she could help out.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I genuinely thought you guys were being too literal and taking things too seriously when she asked what people wanted at the shop, because I’ve seen it done on Twitter lots as a ‘joke’ (ie. I’m going to the bar, what’s everyone having? Or I’ve got the kettle on, fancy a cuppa type thing, not my humour but each to their own)

i actually can’t believe she’s sending stuff to randoms! It’s odd on any level but especially when you are ‘on a tight budget’. Ffs!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
That royalty cheque must have been pretty decent. If I was on the bones of my arse and couldn’t afford butter I probably wouldn’t be spending £50 buying chocolate bars for strangers. Then again we all know Jack is terrible with money and spunked her Hellman’s pay on fancy sideboards and sleeper trains as soon as the cheque cleared. I’d probably use that £50 to buy a decent food shop, instead of “treating” my kid to a yellow-sticker sandwich. I’m sure he doesn’t mind eating a day old sandwich for lunch while strangers on Twitter get chocolate bars and crisps so his mum can get internet head pats 🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
The same type of person who describes themselves as having spoken 'emotively'. Have thought this all along - her ego will ultimately be her undoing.

I don't doubt she spoke 'emotively' to Krishnan about how AWFUL it was for a middle class girl like her to have to sign on for 6 months, however I imagine Jack's definition of ~speaking emotively~ is different to its actual meaning.

She does realise that you're meant to actually *read* the book, before shoehorning yourself in to a publication quote, doesn't she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Does anyone remember when she was going after a presenter of the GBBO via Twitter? That was terrifying.

ETA - 🤑🤑🤑🤠🤑🤑🤠🤑🤑🤑🤑
that was probably during the time when I did not follow her critically and felt sorry for this poor single parent and her many bullies out there who are sooooo mean!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Am getting to the end of my tether so...
Thread suggestion Jack Monroe Fraud! Liar! Hypocrite!

Reactions: 22
Admittedly I don't know that much about lockdown in England, but I find it baffling that she's suddenly started "popping to the shops" all the time, right after the new lockdown started.

Surely one of the basic principles is the same as it was here, limit your trips to the shops as much as you can? Don't run out to get a loaf tin/buy chocolates for randomers/post chocolates to randomers/buy a tit cheap sandwich for your son unless you really have to, no? This is the moment when surely she should be demonstrating weekly, or even fortnightly, shops!

ETA: especially as yous are allowed out for exercise! No need for an excuse to go outside if you're desperate for fresh air (we weren't so lucky)

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I don't doubt she spoke 'emotively' to Krishnan about how AWFUL it was for a middle class girl like her to have to sign on for 6 months, however I imagine Jack's definition of ~speaking emotively~ is different to its actual meaning.

She does realise that you're meant to actually *read* the book, before shoehorning yourself in to a publication quote, doesn't she?
Does anyone know what these "many solutions to it at policy level" actually are? We know she bizarrely claims to have invented Healthy Start vouchers but what other changes is she looking for?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Admittedly I don't know that much about lockdown in England, but I find it baffling that she's suddenly started "popping to the shops" all the time, right after the new lockdown started.

Surely one of the basic principles is the same as it was here, limit your trips to the shops as much as you can? Don't run out to get a loaf tin/buy chocolates for randomers/post chocolates to randomers/buy a tit cheap sandwich for your son unless you really have to, no? This is the moment when surely she should be demonstrating weekly, or even fortnightly, shops!
it's so weird, isn't it?! When there was no lockdown she was going once a week, now there IS a lockdown she's back and forth every other day AND giving the post office all this other, completely non-essential work.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

ETA: especially as yous are allowed out for exercise! No need for an excuse to go outside if you're desperate for fresh air (we weren't so lucky)
Considering Jack has bubbles everywhere I don’t think she quite gets lockdown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Also I couldn't help but notice that his "favourite sandwich" was one specifically without mayo, which means he must be THRILLED with his mother adding mayo to literally everything.
Hold up, I wasn't paying attention to the sandwich, but does that mean his favourite sandwich is plain ham and bread?

Which she could easily make him every day? For the price of a loaf and a packet of ham, and a complete lack of faff blending rotting salad leaves with smart price mayo and softy softy soft cheese?

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Thing is, if she was Twitter personality who a) didn't emotionally blackmail people and seperate them from their savings/benefits/pensions and b) actually bothered to put this kind of effort in to sending off the tit people actually paid her money for, it would be quite sweet? Especially if it was a gimmicky kind of thing, or a charity giveaway or something, rather than her just turning herself into a completely inefficient food delivery service. But because it's none of those things it's just scammy and piss takey and disingenuous and horrible.

I can kind of see how people get sucked into her narrative when they haven't been made aware of past behaviour. It's the long term squiggles who are well and truly trapped, though. To be that unaware for so long...
Yep, she really is calculating. I once read that narcissists are always making crap presents but want luxury in return. I twice fell into a narc trap and got the most rubbish presents (I am not really materialistic, so would not want presents anyway) that after the horrible time with them make for really good anecdotes and now make me chuckle with laughter.
And it is a hell of a difference if you are just casually slipping someone a bar of chocolate after a shop or put something small on the desk for your colleague or if you make it PRESENT TIME via mailing it. Unless you mail someone a huge packet and all the worse if the Patreon agreement was a different one. I would be offended if someone sent a Mars bar in an envelope.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone know what these "many solutions to it at policy level" actually are? We know she bizarrely claims to have invented Healthy Start vouchers but what other changes is she looking for?
She's solved poverty, but she's keeping it a secret.

I believe she is planning to include it in her forthcoming poverty book? It's available for pre-order soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Ugh, done an incyGrunk to find Jack the Maverick is buying friends again with chocolate and crisps. Brings me back to the flashy kid at school who had a fiver to spend every day and would choose which friends could get a chocolate bar from the tuck shop, for attention. And then it would be held over you all term that “I bought you a Mars Bar, remember?” She’s in her 30s ffs. I hope SB doesn’t arrive home to find a table laden with treats to be mailed to strangers without him at least getting something.
Oh gosh, I can just imagine her next narc tantrum, howling and clawing at the floor. "But I sent people on twitter TWIRLS and MONSTER MUNCH, how DARE you criticise meeeeeeeeeee"

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I didn’t get any! I don’t have a dog but I do have FOMO 😥

I wonder if there will be a Bubble Cooking Lesson (I mean that in the loosest sense of the words) today...
For a bizarre reason which totally escapes me, amazon sent me Lego, I do not have children, I have never ordered any child type products 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.