Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a peek at her Twitter, her number of followers has either grown or dropped because the number is different, can anyone confirm please?

Reactions: 7
Just had a peek at her Twitter, her number of followers has either grown or dropped because the number is different, can anyone confirm please?
The number changes constantly so it depends when you last looked.

Screenshot_20201114-160831_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She's told 12 squiggles to dm her their address. Say each one's item cost £1. Postage for a UK small parcel 2nd class is £3.10. That's £49.20. Nearly £50! Factor in the price of envelopes and wrapping and it's over £50!
It’s maybe me just being a Scrooge but when postage price is over triple the price of the cost of what you’re actually sending, while yes it is nice to be nice is worth the hassle?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Imagine being so poor you can't afford butter but can buy sweets and chocolate for lots of internet strangers and the price of postage to send it to them. Imagine being so busy but still having the time to do this tit. Imagine being so environmentally friendly that you think this is a good idea at all. But hey, as long as at least one squiggle publically tells her she's the kindest person on twitter, it's all been worth it! Cringe Jack, you need a weekend hobby like now

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Just checking in again to ask why is Jack trying to pass off as someone in their 50s or older, yet again🙄 raised on tv shows that were around before she was born or before the age of 7.
Exactly! I am 14 years older than her and just about remember them from when I was very young. She's like a bizarre succubus, extracting all the opinions, tastes and memories of everyone who comes her way😳

• Heart
Reactions: 31
it was in the fourth paragraph of the article formerly known as potatoes!
Just re-reading this and the language is remarkably similar to the way she tells the story of her 'run in' with Portillo, and as with that situation, I doubt very much if this is what he said (the ~deserve everything you get because you had a baby outside marriage~) and rather a figment of her overactive imagination.

Reactions: 33
She may have had Sky/satellite TV. I remember having to watch the odd episode of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum on UK Gold or some other satellite channel and I’m the same age as Jackie. The Young Ones were more my style though.

Reactions: 25
I thought that too. Just had a look and Ain't half hot mum last episode was 1981. I know there were DVD releases but that was 2005.

They were never released on VHS, so unless her parents had a VHS recorder (very, very fancy in the late 70's) I'm not sure how she was brought up watching them.
Her parents may have recorded them of the telly box. We used to record stuff from they telly all the time. But even still it's not cute quoting old TV shows, just adds to her not having the humour to create her own comedy. She is not capable of having the wit to make herself funny she has to steal it off old telly shows.

Reactions: 13
Doughuts. That's so handy. Much more useful than, say, a veggie pie or quiche or omelette or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I'm 54, and even as a 12 year old, watching It Ain't Half Hot Mum, in 1978, I remember thinking..."erm .. is this.. OK!?"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Imagine being so poor you can't afford butter but can buy sweets and chocolate for lots of internet strangers and the price of postage to send it to them. Imagine being so busy but still having the time to do this tit. Imagine being so environmentally friendly that you think this is a good idea at all. But hey, as long as at least one squiggle publically tells her she's the kindest person on twitter, it's all been worth it! Cringe Jack, you need a weekend hobby like now
Imagine claiming that money is so tight you regularly feed your child one of the cheapest, lowest quality meat products sold in a supermarket. Yet spend ££ sending branded goodies to Twitter strangers to get praise and attention. Imagine putting the needs of your ego before the needs of your child. For a raging narc, it's no bother at all... 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Who says about themselves 'I have a brilliant sense of humour'?

Clue: Someone who doesn't

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.