Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor BB I feel sorry for her. Imagine staying with someone who is constantly picked on for eating something. Oh my BB hi as discovered this food and I wanted it all for me. It sounds cutesy but it's actually really horrible I'd hate it if my husband constantly said I bought these but you will probably gobble them up. I was under the impression that all the food was to be shared, if so who cares if she eats them. I sincerely doubt she will not save her any. She's a prick!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Thing is, if she was Twitter personality who a) didn't emotionally blackmail people and seperate them from their savings/benefits/pensions and b) actually bothered to put this kind of effort in to sending off the tit people actually paid her money for, it would be quite sweet? Especially if it was a gimmicky kind of thing, or a charity giveaway or something, rather than her just turning herself into a completely inefficient food delivery service. But because it's none of those things it's just scammy and piss takey and disingenuous and horrible.

I can kind of see how people get sucked into her narrative when they haven't been made aware of past behaviour. It's the long term squiggles who are well and truly trapped, though. To be that unaware for so long...

Reactions: 40
I’m not particularly clued up on international postage prices but I’m guessing jars of marmite won’t fit in an envelope and will have to go as a parcel so that’ll be about £7 at least.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Do my eyes decieve me, but wasn't this woman a mere few weeks ago moaning about how she was destitute and now she's bleeping throwing tit at people. Where did she get the magic money from. Perhaps she could donate it rather than feed people chocolate bars if she has it spare.

Why is no one saying this.. no thanks, why don't you keep it for the rent you WERE struggling to pay or give my chocolate bar pennies to the foodbanks. I have worked it out her fanatics are as horrid as she is.

Reactions: 57
duck the food banks.

duck people going hungry on her doorstep.

The cost of sending that one jar of marmite abroad could feed someone for a few days.

But I forgot Lady Bountiful pays her rent with twitter likes.

Those royalty cheques are coming more and more often, eh?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
heinous amounts of bubble wrap , sending single items of junk food across the world, buying her third loaf tin in less than a year because she is incompetent and keeps ruining them. Wow such an environmentalist. She is absolutely pathetic.
Does she count this shite as 'work'?

Sadly I know the answer to this.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Thing is, if she was Twitter personality who a) didn't emotionally blackmail people and seperate them from their savings/benefits/pensions and b) actually bothered to put this kind of effort in to sending off the tit people actually paid her money for, it would be quite sweet? Especially if it was a gimmicky kind of thing, or a charity giveaway or something, rather than her just turning herself into a completely inefficient food delivery service. But because it's none of those things it's just scammy and piss takey and disingenuous and horrible.

I can kind of see how people get sucked into her narrative when they haven't been made aware of past behaviour. It's the long term squiggles who are well and truly trapped, though. To be that unaware for so long...
I agree, I've been known to post random stuff to friends to cheer them up. And it is nice to get unexpected stuff through the post.

but not If you are complaining about not having any money, or being too busy to fulfil other comitments.

Reactions: 31
Even without the fraud frugal shops, do no squiggles remember her bleating on about her RENT and bills costing 93% of her income? Neighbours are leaving soap on her doorstep (take the hint Jack!) and she’s posting marmite to Canada. People really are thick.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
She is the worst poverty activist I have ever seen. What she is spending on shite could literally give a family some food for a few days taking into consideration that chocolate bars alone are what 80p per bar and with 80p + postage X fanatics in recipient+odd jars or marmite+dog treats. That's fair amount of cash for someone on the bones of their arse.

Now I really understand how she becomes soo poor her money is literally pissed up the wall and then she cries poverty.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.