Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That spiced biscuit Ritter Sport is a special edition and has only been in the shops for a few weeks.

In the same past few weeks Oor Wee Jackie has claimed that she doesn’t eat sweets, that she has no money for butter, and that she has subsisted solely on her £20 Asda shops (with buddle Waitrose cheese top-ups, natch).

When commenting on the deliciousness of one chocolate bar exposes three quite large lies she has only recently tweeted, it’s surely time for her to turn that critical gaze inward and start questioning that compulsion to fib.

Maybe ask one of the three therapists, eh, PeekyMink?
To be fair, I think this would have been 'gifted' by the makers rather than Jack buying them. But I thought you were meant to mention when things have been gifted?

Reactions: 12
To companies gifting things to jack. Please stop.

I also don’t get her obsession with chickpeas. I know we are all different but I can’t stand them. I will occasionally eat a packet of the dried ones with a flavour that you get in health food shops but that’s it. I even prefer peas to chickpeas.

Sorry to people who love them. There are so many decent things she could be using to cook but she relies on the same old stuff repackaged in different recipes.

Reactions: 13
Her veggie bubble buddy aka Louisa.
Jack. Did you make a donation to a food bank when you went to Asda?

For people who are really struggling , unlike yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
To companies gifting things to jack. Please stop.

I also don’t get her obsession with chickpeas. I know we are all different but I can’t stand them. I will occasionally eat a packet of the dried ones with a flavour that you get in health food shops but that’s it. I even prefer peas to chickpeas.

Sorry to people who love them. There are so many decent things she could be using to cook but she relies on the same old stuff repackaged in different recipes.
i absolutely love chickpeas, sometimes i just drain them and eat them plain HOWEVER they are not just an interchangeable replacement for meat! Also what she did to falafels and her arrogant assurance that they are supposed to be cooked first is absolutely unforgivable for me. it's not faairrrr that she gets to be a food writer and i don't 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Ah yes, polite and smartly dressed so he can’t be a terrible person who has repeatedly voted against human rights clauses. Also can’t even be fucked to show up to vote for women in one of Jack’s many ancestral homelands to be allowed to have a safe and legal abortion. But sure, Jack, he’s great 🙄. She’s an absolute danger.

View attachment 310059
‘I dIDn’T sAy ThAt diD I?’

[This isn’t me defending her, just to clarify. I can just picture this being her predictable response if anyone was to say that to her 😤]

Reactions: 19
i absolutely love chickpeas, sometimes i just drain them and eat them plain HOWEVER they are not just an interchangeable replacement for meat! Also what she did to falafels and her arrogant assurance that they are supposed to be cooked first is absolutely unforgivable for me. it's not faairrrr that she gets to be a food writer and i don't 😭
Me too. Amazing food. I'm still burning with rage at her hummus disrespect a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 18
she obviously needs a loaf tin because she never managed to get the lemon cake out of that other one! i knew it!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.