Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The curry they have just made in Saturday Kitchen looked delicious, and he tasted it constantly as he cooked it. I love puri, could just eat some now
We need that photo of Matt holding a forkful of horse-spunk lasagne in front of his face, while talking to camera and trying not to heave. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hmmm, that new account set up in the last 10 days. :unsure: I wonder if the masterplan is for Jack to do a generous and wonderfully kind act that the recipient will highlight widely on Twitter? Jack might notice the numerous written and verbal inconsistencies between naps, but I sense this is a part of her pre-emptive defence should her nefarious ways be revealed in an article in the near future. How can she be bad when she is so good?

I think my detective skills have been honed by tattle. The person is the same in both videos, they are from North Wales originally (accent) but living near Cardiff so family being 300 miles away sort of fits. The 'friend' says that it was financial abuse, not drugs, in one video, then the vlog says that she has been addicted to drugs. I suppose people see what Jack gets away with, so why not try. Dammit, I'm not a pessimist usually.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Why doesn't she just get herself into work and pay it the sensible way. She's in her thirties now it really is time she grew up and acted like an adult. She had her twenties to piss about.

Honestly if she would get a job in a kitchen or shop she could pay her rent( potentially without worry) pay her bills, get the odd treat and use her "recipie writing" as nice little money making side job. She could write her recipies off an evening and work during the day. Less time tweeting shite a d a more fulfilled and happy life.
I think you keep judging her using the standards of a normal logical human being, is the problem.
She doesn't want to do any of that, it's far too much like hard work. She wants the nice things given on a plate with minimal effort and lots of external validation please, not a day job. When would she dinosaur nap, for goodness sake?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
That spiced biscuit Ritter Sport is a special edition and has only been in the shops for a few weeks.

In the same past few weeks Oor Wee Jackie has claimed that she doesn’t eat sweets, that she has no money for butter, and that she has subsisted solely on her £20 Asda shops (with buddle Waitrose cheese top-ups, natch).

When commenting on the deliciousness of one chocolate bar exposes three quite large lies she has only recently tweeted, it’s surely time for her to turn that critical gaze inward and start questioning that compulsion to fib.

Maybe ask one of the three therapists, eh, PeekyMink?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
My younger son is on the spectrum and has issues with food textures. However he absolutely hates beans and eggs so a Jack spectrum book would be as much use to him as a chocolate teapot 😂
Same!! My son has autism and detests any form of small round food, that includes beans (rinsed or otherwise), peas, sweetcorn etc. Eggs he only eats if they’re mixed or in things. None of this yellow next to white business is tolerated. What works well for him is having a little pot next to his plate, if we’re having something that inherently involves peas like shepherds pie, he’s happy to pick them out. He’s getting kind of de-sensitised with this method, too, and isn’t distressed or anything when he sees a kidney bean - which is huge progress. I don’t of course give him beans or boiled eggs or anything that he dislikes as a dish in itself, as I don’t think that’s fair on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
These Jack threads are doing me wonders.
I now call browsing the TV and Netflix offerings “a grunka through the channels”, even the husband is saying it and he doesn’t read these threads.😁

You've all invented a new word lol

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Imagine being so dull you need this sort of banal, tedious exchange with randoms for entertainment. It’s bus stop chat. I know she gets bored at weekends but ‘what do you want from the shops?’ Oh come on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Morning all. With all the refs to #31 here recently, I went back for a recap, just for old times sake. Omfg, still just sooo funny. The simmering rage, the contradictions, the ‘piss and a sandwich‘. 🤣
There was also the post below by a member and ain‘t it funny that even now, all this time later, it’s still so, so applicable:
“Jack, i've got a pizza baze.. some pizza sauce.. some mozzarella and some pepperoni, could you recommend me a curry recipe?”
Poor chippy chips squiggle #jackmonroeslockdownlarderbyjackmonroe is DEAD

I just find it funny when she uses a word for the first time soon after it is used here. She must read a word and it goes into her subconscious. I have noticed this on many occasions, but it stands out even more when it is one of my own words.

I said "Bravo" to @Marmalade Atkins just yesterday, and this morning she is using it on Twitter. Never noticed her using it before.
I noticed her use ‘tho’ as a shortcut for ‘though’ yesterday and it freaked me out too

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
These Jack threads are doing me wonders.
I now call browsing the TV and Netflix offerings “a grunka through the channels”, even the husband is saying it and he doesn’t read these threads.😁

You've all invented a new word lol
I grunka through my task list in work. It's definitely a thing now!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.