Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG the podcast. You. Have. Got. To. Listen!!!!!! It's Jack Bingo!!!!

WHAT ABOUT THE CHIP SHOP CHIPS?
I enjoyed the line "if only I could pay my rent with Twitter likes". Is that not (indirectly) what she's actually doing? ("If only I could pay my RENT (I RENT!) with Patreon subs who I lure in by lying on Twitter.")

Did anyone see a #letdownlarder tweet/reply about dried jellyfish?

Ugh, she makes me so cross.

ETA: I realize some of this may actually have been covered on the last thread. Fraus, I skipped it. I couldn't keep up. Hanging my head in shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I enjoyed the line "if only I could pay my rent with Twitter likes". Is that not (indirectly) what she's actually doing? ("If only I could pay my RENT (I RENT!) with Patreon subs who I lure in by lying on Twitter.")

Did anyone see a #letdownlarder tweet/reply about dried jellyfish?

Ugh, she makes me so cross.

ETA: I realize some of this may actually have been covered on the last thread. Fraus, I skipped it. I couldn't keep up. Hanging my head in shame.
I keep saying it but it's the only logical thing she can do. Instead of saying if I could pay my rent by doing this and that.

Why doesn't she just get herself into work and pay it the sensible way. She's in her thirties now it really is time she grew up and acted like an adult. She had her twenties to piss about.

Honestly if she would get a job in a kitchen or shop she could pay her rent( potentially without worry) pay her bills, get the odd treat and use her "recipie writing" as nice little money making side job. She could write her recipies off an evening and work during the day. Less time tweeting shite a d a more fulfilled and happy life.

Reactions: 29
On today’s Saturday Kitchen live, with Sir Matt of the forearms, is a lovely cook called Ching-He Huang who has just received an MBE! I wonder if Jack is rage-watching, lol!
I’m watching and no one said anything about the food she cooked! 😒

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I keep saying it but it's the only logical thing she can do. Instead of saying if I could pay my rent by doing this and that.

Why doesn't she just get herself into work and pay it the sensible way. She's in her thirties now it really is time she grew up and acted like an adult. She had her twenties to piss about.

Honestly if she would get a job in a kitchen or shop she could pay her rent( potentially without worry) pay her bills, get the odd treat and use her "recipie writing" as nice little money making side job. She could write her recipies off an evening and work during the day. Less time tweeting shite a d a more fulfilled and happy life.
She's last about 5 minutes working in a kitchen, with her attitude. Ditto a shop.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The nerve of her! With her patreon and tip jar!View attachment 310026
duck off excluded UK is a force of its own and Martin Lewis is constantly tweeting about them?! Weirdly I keep an eye on it as my childhood bestie has actually been fucked over and left the country as a result! Anyway I digress - she raked it in during covid and boasted to us about it?! And all the new opportunities she’s got ahead of her?! bleeping hell the cheek of it, as always!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
The nerve of her! With her patreon and tip jar!View attachment 310026
She's so annoying. Yes, she may be self employed, but her ability to grift work hasn't been affected by covid at all. If anything, she's had the opportunity to increase her grifting work because of her previous background. Not our fault she's messed up the TV chances, or making her YouTube a proper thing, or increasing her blog output!

I'm thinking of the people I knew back in the UK who truly cannot work because of this, and it makes me sad and angry. They really are suffering. Jack is not!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She's so annoying. Yes, she may be self employed, but her ability to grift work hasn't been affected by covid at all. If anything, she's had the opportunity to increase her grifting work because of her previous background. Not our fault she's messed up the TV chances, or making her YouTube a proper thing, or increasing her blog output!

I'm thinking of the people I knew back in the UK who truly cannot work because of this, and it makes me sad and angry. They really are suffering. Jack is not!
She will claim to be too DISABLED to work any 'normal' job.
I would love to see her try and claim disability benefit. Only took a family member 18 years to get hers.

She will claim to be too DISABLED to work any 'normal' job.
I would love to see her try and claim disability benefit. Only took a family member 18 years to get hers.
ETA 'Maverick' and 'Butch' both just been used on Saturday Kitchen!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’ve just had a thought regarding the odd food concoctions and the softly softly ever so soft pillow soft bread.
She’s on spectrum isn’t she? There’s a thing regarding flavours and texture combinations that others think are odd but us spectrum types (again, hi) bloody love it.

cheesy leeks on toast anyone? Yeah I kind of get it tbh.

If she releases a book called ‘a spectrum of foods’ or similar after reading this I will lose my tit.

I’ve not gone as far as putting my penguin bar in my cheese sandwich like my autistic son has done, but that sweet-savoury-crunchy-soft thing has been there for a while.
My younger son is on the spectrum and has issues with food textures. However he absolutely hates beans and eggs so a Jack spectrum book would be as much use to him as a chocolate teapot 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I wonder if Jack has made us hyper aware of scamming, etc? BJM (Before Jack Monroe) I would've whole heartedly believed this person. Now...I'm definitely more sceptical. I'm not sure it's a good thing to be sceptical either. There are some inconsistencies too, like she said the foodbank couldn't help her due to allergies, but mentioned the foodbank in her tweet to JM? I hope it isn't true, because it sounds so so awful if it is, but I also don't hope it isn't true as it is a terrible thing to lie about?
I think you can be pretty sure it isn't true. She claims to live rurally, but handily enough, next to a cafe that is Wi-Fi enabled to pre empt any questions about paying for the internet. likewise foodbanks, discretionary payments etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
My younger son is on the spectrum and has issues with food textures. However he absolutely hates beans and eggs so a Jack spectrum book would be as much use to him as a chocolate teapot 😂
And that is the problem with her. She thinks we are all the same.
She's had a little go on WebMD decided what is 'her' so that must mean that all people with ASD are like that.
This is the Jack I despise the most. Don't tar me with your unused nail brush.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.