Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel like she’s maybe also claimed to love the work of Celine Dion too and can perfectly hold a note but maybe that was Shout by Lulu

Alan, every reface you do looks like Blanche from Corrie. Please do Blanche if you can, I’m not sure there will be much difference! X

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Wouldn’t you make sure the Hootsuite content tallied up with the present? “The weather is hotting up” it’s the middle of November people want soups and hot chocolates not milkshakes, unless she’s gone Australian again in which case good luck Aus.
Australian here. Can confirm the weather is hotting up. Can confirm we do not want any of her content, irrespective of season. Am absolutely militant about this.

They're homemade pop tarts 😂
Oh dear god. I thought it was ravioli. I don't know which would be worse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I started a new job last week which is great but the downside is, I can’t sit on Tattle laughing at reface apps all day 😢
A: Pop Tarts are lush. B: She has replaced the toilet macerator with her own fair hands by the looks of it. C: Have you added tragic poet Jack aka Sylvia Jackth with her pocketful of stones and clams?!
The mention of clams has made me think of another song for the playlist!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Clam After Midnight)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Well I’m back from an epic grunka a BUSY week & have caught up as far as Thread 31 - well 😳 that was an interesting one 🤣. I don’t feel I want to go any further as I’m now in a happy place having watched Cack being firmly handed her arse on a plate by you articulate funny bunch of hausfraus.
I think she pranced onto here thinking it was Mumsnet & everyone would be starstruck and blow smoke up her arse like she’s used to & if they didn’t she could whine at the mods until they pulled the thread.
I’m more cynical than a lot of you lovely people, I believe she knew exactly what she was doing coming onto that thread as she does in 99.9% of her tweets. She wanted to manipulate people into backing off, it’s the same narrative it has been for the past 10years - “leave me alone I’m poorly & vulnerable without a penny to my name “. At some point particularly once you become a parent you have to take responsibility for own well-being.
Its not for other people to prop up or validate you and her relationships will continue to fail until she sorts her tit out. It’s really not very sexy having to parent a grown adult & I don’t blame Louisa for binning her, I blame her for enabling it for so long.
If Jack had any sense she’d buckle down, work hard (which she doesn’t m’lud she’s bone idle) & bank some money while she decides what she wants to do with the rest of her life.
I know I sound like a heartless witch but she really gets my goat 🐐. I see people in clinic who’re dealing with real emotional & economic hardship & proper conditions that Dr google didn’t diagnose, they are polite,genuine & willing to engage (obviously not all before she pops up to correct me at my own job).
She’s a lazy middle class white woman who believes the world owes her a very comfortable living. She hates the plebs it’s obvious from her snippy responses to them as compared to anyone remotely famous.
I seemed to have rambled and said nothing of note but. Maverick innit fam 🥰 grifters kiss

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105
I've just found this thread after getting Jack's books from my library and wondering why on earth I was finding none of the recipes appetizing at all, thank goodness it wasn't just me! Have any of you found any recipe books that are actually appetizing budget meals and good for toddlers too?
I’m on a grunk so apologies if you’ve had loads of recommendations already but the babyled weaning cookbook is good for kids (and adults).

Reactions: 17
Hoping @Silver Linings is ok 🤗. We have had a day old joke posted at 1am about trump (yawn) and pancake recipe advising us not to put more than one pancake in the pan at a time.

Sure Jack.

Oh, and the restraint is real with only lemon (plenty of) and sugar. No sign of pepper.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m on a grunk so apologies if you’ve had loads of recommendations already but the babyled weaning cookbook is good for kids (and adults).
A good idea thing for kids is to get them started with what you like, so you can all eat together. I mainly use BBC Good Food as there are a huge number of recipes there. The kids really liked Jamie Oliver recipes when they were tiny. Just watch the salt when cooking for kids- leave it out for very little ones. If you want something budget, the student cook books are good if you want to learn the basics from scratch. Good Luck @InfluencerInfluenza

Reactions: 19
Don't Slop Me Now by Queen
Grate On Through by the Doors
Light My Slow Cooker by the Doors
Ride a White Sideboard by T Rex
Who Let the Slop Out by the Baha Men
Slop On the Beach by the aptly named T-Spoon

That Slop n Beige Gives Me The Rage by me, topping the Christmas charts soon.
Under the sideboard - the grifters

Sorry if thats massively late to the party now but I've just woken up and chuffed at myself for thinking of that (easily pleased, is this ham)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
That quivery voice when she says ‘Accidental conqueror...of my worst fears’ is hilarious!
It’s just awful isn’t it. The cringe when she talks about being on stage with Billy Bragg and no sound comes out. When she talks about singing in church and taking part in singing competitions.

She needs to ‘like‘ herself more. She’s self obsessed to the max.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm on a grunka...
I do Strava challenges and for your exercise to count you can't be on fully private
So maybe that's why L does it
Oh tit, she's private-d it now. I genuinely feel bad if our discussion has ruined Strava for her. 😕

Crazy that you can only do the challenges on public though, that's a problem right there.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I might leave them to go cold. Or put or my mixture in at once

I mean, once again, who on earth does she think her readers are? It is so patronising.
I think she assumes her readers are at the same level of cooking expertise as her. Which is why she has to explain stupid things.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.