Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On Jack's chart, she was bubbling with Louisa, also bubbling with her parents, had someone else coming in (Caroline) to provide childcare. Also her son was moving between her's and his father's. I understand that her son should be able to move between households to live with both parents, but I have no idea why Louisa is allowed to bubble, she is not her partner.

I agree we all say Jack needs real life friends, but during lockdown those friendships can and should be maintained by the phone/zoom/WhatsApp.

Jack, and her Mum, are in the vulnerable group and in my opinion she is leaving far too many avenues open for possible infection.

Your situation is completely different, you are not in the vulnerable group, are only bubbling with one other and not various groups, and the other person is your partner.

Louisa is living in London midweek, and travelling to Southend for weekends. As far as I read the rules, that is not allowed. Especially as Jack is already bubbling with her parents.

It's not up to us to police Jack's actions, I just think she is treating this as a big game. We should all be doing what we can to reduce the spread of this virus. I really hope that if she is visiting her very ill mother, that all precautions are being taken.
Bubbles donā€™t have to be your partner, or a lot of us without significant others would be v lonely. She has found ways to stretch a lot of the rules but really sheā€™s not actually breaking them. I agree that she should be minimising the risks for her parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sorry to keep picking on your posts dear @MancBee, I don't mean anything by it, it was just the handiest one to quote!! BIB are what's confusing me. First point, I don't believe it has to be with a partner, just at least one household has to be single adult household. Second point, I think what Louisa is doing is entirely within the rules. I live somewhere during the week, then somewhere else at weekends (or vice versa for my partner) and now it happens we aren't going out to work, but if we were I don't think we would be breaking the rules.

I agree if she has more than one bubble (apart from a childcare bubble, which I believe is allowed, though I can't *quite* see why she needs one, but that's another conversation), then sure, she's breaking the rules. But the specifics of her set up with Louisa (or whoever) aren't, on their own, anything wrong. That was my point.

I'm just a stickler for being precise in our bitching, because I think not being allows for 'I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT FOR DOING WRONG' type responses.

ETA: As an aside, this also demonstrates how easy it is to have different interpretations of the rules as laid out. Top work from the government there. #politicalflumps
As I said, it is not that she is breaking the rules (though she is by having multiple bubbles) it's the fact that she thinks it is all a game and has tried to stretch the rules to the limit (and beyond)

I am in the vulnerable group and am truly scared of catching this virus as I do not want to find out if I would survive or not. Jack and her mum are also in the vulnerable group, but she does not seem to be treating the situation seriously. She should be trying to reduce contact not seeing what is the maximum number of people she is allowed to meet with, and ensuring that she sees that maximum. It should all be about minimising contact, not maximising it.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive, on my block of flats (of only 150) we have had 3 cases and the death of one woman who was only 60. In Salford and Manchester there are so many cases it really is frightening.

If she is in the vulnerable group, why is she leaving herself open to possible infection when there's absolutely no need?

ETA, my partner is in a bubble with his parents down south, because they are in greatest need. As a consequence he can not bubble with me. You can't have more than one bubble. But Jack does.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I love a good ironic singular kiss at the end of a message. But if Jack is doing it then I guess it's in the same court as doggos, om nom nom and other 'bokeworthy' tidbits :(
I was just thinking the same thing. Whyyyy does she have to ruin everything for us? šŸ˜­šŸ¤®

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Jack's very own Onion Chopping Song!

Oh Hootsuite has posted... god those nails :sick:

View attachment 308831
Wouldnā€™t you make sure the Hootsuite content tallied up with the present? ā€œThe weather is hotting upā€ itā€™s the middle of November people want soups and hot chocolates not milkshakes, unless sheā€™s gone Australian again in which case good luck Aus.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
As I said, it is not that she is breaking the rules (though she is by having multiple bubbles) it's the fact that she thinks it is all a game and has tried to stretch the rules to the limit (and beyond)

I am in the vulnerable group and am truly scared of catching this virus as I do not want to find out if I would survive or not. Jack and her mum are also in the vulnerable group, but she does not seem to be treating the situation seriously. She should be trying to reduce contact not seeing what is the maximum number of people she is allowed to meet with, and ensuring that she sees that maximum. It should all be about minimising contact, not maximising it.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive, on my block of flats (of only 150) we have had 3 cases and the death of one woman who was only 60. In Salford and Manchester there are so many cases it really is frightening.

If she is in the vulnerable group, why is she leaving herself open to possible infection when there's absolutely no need?
GOV.UK specifically says that you should avoid bubbling with someone outside your local area - to avoid people travelling from high risk areas to lower risk areas. Exactly their situation. Iā€™m really surprised Louisa is prepared to bend (but not break) the rules. When youā€™re in a position of holding people to account itā€™s really best to try and be as squeaky clean as possible yourself...

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm just a stickler for being precise in our bitching, because I think not being allows for 'I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT FOR DOING WRONG' type responses.
This is always my thing too, we know so much fact that it dilutes the message if we then start hypothesising and you just know she would turn it on itā€™s head and start a trolls narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Bubbles donā€™t have to be your partner, or a lot of us without significant others would be v lonely. She has found ways to stretch a lot of the rules but really sheā€™s not actually breaking them. I agree that she should be minimising the risks for her parents.
She will be the first to moan if any of them Get sick! She's knows the risk and despite the way she acts she is a fully grown adult. So the risk she is taking are all on her.

She will be the first to moan if any of them Get sick! She's knows the risk and despite the way she acts she is a fully grown adult. So the risk she is taking are all on her.
Yes thatā€™s what responsible adults are having to accept but that list she wrote was ridiculous interpreting the rules in such a way as she could see about 5 different groups of people without thinking how that could affect the most vulnerable person amongst them, rather than herself

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Talking of bubbles...from her giddiness when she first bubbled up, she's not mention #buddle for a while, has she? Do we think the cooking 'lessons' are still happening?

• Haha
  • Wow
Brenda's been back in action (not actually Brenda, two different squiggles)

IMG_20201113_170533.png
IMG_20201113_170413.png

And Jack's sweetie treats have arrived (patreons absolutely GTF)

IMG_20201113_170516.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
She made such a hoo-haa about Buddle Wuddle's cheese offerings that Buddle probably asked her to never mention her on Twitter again šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I agree. I take her household bubble explanations/rules with a generous handful of salt and plenty of black pepper. Nothing she does is honest and most things she does are designed to make a point (communicate with cabal/demonstrate a characteristic). In this case she also probably wanted to play journalists like when little kids dress up.

She obviously is in a bubble with Louisa (unless sheā€™s found another vegetarian who eats eggs but dislikes nuts and mushrooms and has a name beginning with L). How long that will last is another story (if sheā€™s not LEFT already).

She said she would ā€˜provide careā€™ for her mum. Given that she tweets her farts (and tells the universe every time she sees her family) I doubt sheā€™s doing this. She may walk past the house and shout ā€˜Iā€™m providing care but nobody cared about my ouchy mouth/birth marks/other ailmentsā€™ but I highly doubt sheā€™s providing actual care because she wouldnā€™t be able to resist telling everyone she was a saint.

Obviously SB is going to his dadā€™s which is right. Personally I think (opinion only mā€™lud) the ā€˜meeting people in the parkā€™ for childcare bit of her household rules was bollocks. She can never resist a chance to look mumsy and try to portray SB as a toddler (no doubt so squiggles who arenā€™t paying attention assume he is). She also likes to look like she has friends.

In that case sheā€™s following the rules (Iā€™m fairly easy on the London/Southend thing). But is still a complete wanker because she shouldnā€™t have been tweeting her impression of the rules to a large audience only to confuse them. Sheā€™s also a bit thick but that goes without saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
are the lights battery operated?
Yes, I use rechargeable ones. The lights are from IKEA, Molgan. They come on when you open the doors and go off after a couple of minutes. They are a fiver each so I got a couple at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've just found this thread after getting Jack's books from my library and wondering why on earth I was finding none of the recipes appetizing at all, thank goodness it wasn't just me! Have any of you found any recipe books that are actually appetizing budget meals and good for toddlers too?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.