Jack Monroe #104 Are you familiar with my tip jar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
October 28th.
Our little maverick is in a skip because that is a logical place to look for missing medicine.
Apart from being so careless with prescribed medication in a house with a child, it has occurred to me that this is half term and the only thing she's done with her child is to take him to the chemist.
Oh and gets his haircut dad did that

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Incidentally, towards the end of the last thread an interview was posted where she was like 'woe is me, I sleep on a mattress on the floor, I'm SO POOR'. This insta post is dated August 2015, just before lots of pictures of her in Miami, Vegas and New York.

View attachment 308897

View attachment 308898
I slept on a floor mattress in my last house because it was unfurnished and finding a bed was a faff and stretched the purse strings a bit. It was perfectly adequate and I didn't feel the need to suggest that because I didn't have a bed frame, that automatically meant I must be living in poverty 🤷‍♀️

She is just so ridiculous.

Reactions: 43
Does anyone have access to that recipe? For the life of me I can't think what would make banana or caramel turn green.
To add my voice to the nail debate, that picture with the banana is without doubt the dirtiest pair of hands I have ever seen on a cookery blogger. The worst I've seen on Jack. They are filthy. What in Gods name is she thinking of putting that on her website. Not once, but to have it hootsuited at an inappropriate season to boot.
I think it's the shade of the trendy milk bottle making it look green.....

Reactions: 14
Nearly every morning I blend a banana, oat milk, peanut butter and sometimes spinach in my nutribullet for breakfast. It would never have occurred to me to call it a recipe. Am I a chef now?
Me too!

My mind is blown I have been a chef for the last 18 months and I didn't. Even. Know.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Years ago we did the whole “mattress on the floor” thing. However in our case we were at the rime genuinely too poor to afford a new bed base as wed spent money on our son having a bed...he was climbing out of his cot and for safwty reasons needed a bed.
i do agree that theres a kind of nice hippie vibe to sleeping on the floor and i initially loved it. Trust me that ship soon sailed lol.

We did eventually manage to get a second hand bed base and the luxury was fab 😁

Imagine my delight when we could afford a brand new bed lol.

ETA I certainly wasn't swanning off on holiday at the time of floor sleeping a la Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She *literally* couldn’t have picked a worse looking banana!
When my bananas look like that. I peel them and freeze them. Ready to chuck them in smoothie or milkshakes for the kids. Or whip up a simple banana loaf or banana pancakes that can both be frozen.

Wow. Listen to me. THE CHEF. I'm a maverick. With clean fingernails.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
October 28th.
Our little maverick is in a skip because that is a logical place to look for missing medicine.
Apart from being so careless with prescribed medication in a house with a child, it has occurred to me that this is half term and the only thing she's done with her child is to take him to the chemist.
Oh and gets his haircut dad did that
I love how you’re only actually two weeks ago 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Omg you have wonderful cupboard lights!! I now feel like a smol floof who doesn’t really know how to be an adult human. I couldn’t be more impressed by those cupboards. I salute you, dear heart ❤🙏🏻
They were fairly cheap from IKEA. The kitchen is quite dark so it makes it so much easier to see inside the cupboard. Even with the big light on (Peter Kay again 😂) the insides are always in shadow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.