Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately the nearest Lidl to Jack involves a 90 mile hike through a jungle, followed by a 37 mile swim through shark infested waters and she would need to make 11 trips in a day because she wouldn't be seen dead carting some unbranded trolley that a stupid Sqiggle sent her instead of cold hard cash.
🤣🤣 this answers my question

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Why does she shop in asda?! Why not aldi
Because apparently the Aldi in Southend is a 20 mile trek through rainforest and tundra and so it’s apparently more efficient to make two trips to Asda on foot. She just likes wasting time cos she’s got duck all else to do. Anyone normal would just walk to Aldi and use the money they saved on the shop to get a taxi back, but Jack’s super-duper-autistic-ADHD brain is too SPECIAL for a solution like that.

TL;DR - cos she’s a twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Her "diabolical work life balance" is because she hardly does any "work", it's all "life". She up at 4am but she's 100% going to have a dinosaur nap later, people with a real job can't do that. They can't spend all day Monday teaching someone to cook. Her Twitter addiction is out of control, it consumes her. I honestly don't think she's spent 8 hours properly working since the control centre job.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Wouldn’t it be easier to buy a cheap loaf and spread with marmite

Where has she factored in the cost of how much gas / electric is needed to cook this as it needs to be baked

Why put it up as a breakfast idea if you have to prove the fucker for hours on end before you can cook it

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Phew that last post of mine was a long one! Woke up early and got a right one on me. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Her "diabolical work life balance" is because she hardly does any "work", it's all "life". She up at 4am but she's 100% going to have a dinosaur nap later, people with a real job can't do that. They can't spend all day Monday teaching someone to cook. Her Twitter addiction is out of control, it consumes her. I honestly don't think she's spent 8 hours properly working since the control centre job.
Maybe if she got up at 4am and got on with some actual work (you know, writing the book that's already about 3 months late) instead of making yet another colour coded chart she might see some sort of progress.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I'm famous on my socials for eating stuff way past its date, or that's been sitting around for ages, I once did a blog post every day for a month where I used a really old ingredient I found lying around my house and I could have easily done another month. Like many other normal people I'll use some of the water I cooked veg or spuds in to make the gravy for the same meal. But I will NEVER EVER contemplate saving the water I cooked something in for another day to cook something else in. And then to be considering doing it again? duck MY LIFE.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
The butter situation gets my goat. Her beloved Asda does a 500g pack of sunflower spread for less than 80p, would that not be ideal for a '90%' vegan? It's not about me but at any one time I am likely to have a tub of sunflower spread and a pack of butter in the house.

The spread is used in sandwiches, bechamel etc, the butter where I want to taste butter. If I couldn't afford both, I'd just get the spread. I mainly do this as I spread the sunflower spread sparingly, butter I tend to be a bit more generous with. It balances out, if I am having a crumpet I will usually go for butter but if I only had the spread, it would not be a disaster, certainly wouldn't substitute lard (and given JMs price for lard was for 250g wouldn't save money doing so).
Lard is an awful substitute as well, there's little it would work in (some kinds of pastry perhaps?). I sometimes use beef dripping as a cooking fat for certain things which is nice, lard however has a really strong smell, just stinks of cheap sausages really 😕. There's far better substitutes you could buy if the cost of butter was prohibitive.

Reactions: 29
It's really pissed me off her lying about including milk in her £20. Because we've seen the receipts where she's so pleased with herself for spending exactly £20. I spend over £7 a week with the milkman (organic whole milk, because I'm fancy) but she must be spending at least £4 (with OJ).

• Haha
Yesterday’s pasta water. That she is going to use again tomorrow
Yesterday’s pasta water. That she is going to use again tomorrow

WHY?????????????? I mean, I get being ‘environmentally friendly’ but it’s a pan full of water...

WHY?????

‘Why is my house full of sideboards’ has to be a very early contender for a thread title
Really minging congealed starchy pasta water too, I bet.

Does she ever just have a day where she quietly does some writing and then in the evening just watch a film in a relaxed slump on the sofa, with a chocolate bar, then go for a nice shower and then get into bed and think, ahhh, that was a good day?! Does such a calm day ever happen?

Reactions: 46
Because apparently the Aldi in Southend is a 20 mile trek through rainforest and tundra and so it’s apparently more efficient to make two trips to Asda on foot. She just likes wasting time cos she’s got duck all else to do. Anyone normal would just walk to Aldi and use the money they saved on the shop to get a taxi back, but Jack’s super-duper-autistic-ADHD brain is too SPECIAL for a solution like that.

TL;DR - cos she’s a twit.
She just talks tit. There's a Lidl around the same distance from her house as the Asda she visits. There's also a bus that runs from right near her house to said Lidl, 4 times an hour, would have her there in under 10 minutes 🙄.

But she can't play the martyr if she's not marching twice a day to Asda with a rucksack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
It’s immoral to pretend to be spending £20 a week on a shop whilst filling your face with expensive “gifts” , whilst feeding her son cheap food to prove a point. She really had no bleeping idea.

Why the father of the child doesn’t apply for full custody beats me, what with not feeding him the same food she has, her obvious health (and mental health ) problems are on display via Twitter each and everyday,
Please let's not start this all again! Giving your child unappetizing meals is not grounds for losing custody.
1 plenty of people have had parents who were rubbish cooks and turned out okay. 2 sb clearly not malnourished 3 mental health issues are not and should not be a reason for losing custody of a child. 4 we all know jack's social media is not a reliable indicator of what food is coming into the house and what's actually being eaten

• Heart
Reactions: 57
bleeping hell! Now I wonder if Louisa has come back to babysit her. Maybe she's in a chaotic grump because the living situation remains platonic and she hasn't managed to sink her claws back in properly yet?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
She's already used her 20 minutes for today. School run in *checks watch* about 2 hours? TW: Incredibly boringView attachment 306388View attachment 306389View attachment 306390View attachment 306391
What is she on about? "Expert" Jack drives me mad. She has to insert herself into an area she knows nothing about, is not an expert on, rather than just saying 'no, I haven't written anything on this but try X or Y writer'- you know, giving credit where it's due just as she expects to be given credit for being 'the' budget cook

Reactions: 21
She up at 4am but she's 100% going to have a dinosaur nap later, people with a real job can't do that.
This is the point, behind the smoke and mirrors or lying by omission. And she’s so selective, just the other week she was sleeping til mid morning and moaning about being up at 7ish for something or other, but on the odd occasion she’s up and bleeping around with her colouring set, she plays the hard working martyr for sympathy on Twatter. And it’s all a nonsense anyway, she does *nothing* that would be considered work in the real world.

I’m sorry but I refuse to believe that this velvet voiced dear heart of a man is correct in this situation because has anyone ever said it any other way than Anay Anay? Anyone?
I’m just ignoring Jackie completely now cos she’s making my head hurt and I simply can’t spend anymore time wailing on the floor. I have a sandwich to make and wrap in last nights halloumi packaging (repurposed)
On a morning Grunk but a little bit pleased that a throwaway comment of mine about perfume is still being discussed 😂Maybe another career talking absolute bollocks on the internet awaits - I wonder who I could use as inspiration?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.