Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'rising TV star' 'successful stint' 'co host'
I still am utterly bewildered as to why she is cooking in her shed?
Rising star my rear end.
The shitshed cooking thing is because she thinks it is innovative and cool. (Copying THAT MAN) I cannot wait until she washes her hands with the garden hose.

Bet Matt will be pleased relieved to see this (snork)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I'm interested to see the result of the battle between her enormous ego and her desire to be the ultimate woke povvo lefty: will she tweet the Daily Mail article about her? The cognitive dissonance of that rag writing gushing praise about someone who is ostensibly their ideological enemy must be pretty intense.

I almost feel like they're trolling her. It might be the first time I've ever been tempted to click a DM link tbh...

Reactions: 11
I thought she was due to start today. As the reality of the fact she's basically built a flammable house kicked in or has she found a new venture?

I thought she was due to start today. As the reality of the fact she's basically built a flammable house kicked in or has she found a new venture?
I hope her girlfriend has had a word and perhaps told her it's not a good idea.

Reactions: 1
I wonder who alerted them to this shed cooking thing. The cynic in me says...….

Reactions: 15
I'm new here, just got sucked in a few days ago from hinch, somehow landed here! What's the mince fat question please? Also what happened with Jamie Oliver lol sorry not sorry

Reactions: 2
My super-lying ex used to do this.
I had one of those. He used to relate my experiences as his own and also lied about having non Hodgkins lymphoma. Well done on getting away from him. Jack’s RA info is interesting, isn’t it. Time will tell.

Reactions: 5
@Flumps Did you spend all your money at seedaholic?
Hah. Not yet. It took a few days to write my list and they aren’t taking orders atm.
I am ready though ....

This is my husband too! His teacher made him write with his left hand behind his back so he writes right handed but does everything else left handed.
Oh, I am properly sorry he had similar, but it’s always a little exciting to hear of another one like me!

Attachments

Well she blocked me on Twitter when I perfectly politely asked whether she’d checked the camp stove was safe.
Maybe I hit a nerve?

Reactions: 18
In her defence, I read the Daily Fail article and it doesn't really read like she has much to do with it. Looks like someone has just done a twitter sweep and cobbled together an article. It came up on my Google news time line, I'm not an avid Mail reader.

I did like this little gem in the reply section to sticking down the artificial grass though.

Also, regarding the arthritis stuff. I've seen a few tweets where people have said they have arthritis and asked for advice about a non-inflammatory diet. Now, I'm not expecting her to know about every single condition and diet, but I thought the food/inflammatory condition would be something she'd jump on. She's tagged multiple times but no responses.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Hah. Not yet. It took a few days to write my list and they aren’t taking orders atm.
I am ready though ....

Oh, I am properly sorry he had similar, but it’s always a little exciting to hear of another one like me!
I am the opposite I am completely left handed except with scissors

I'm new here, just got sucked in a few days ago from hinch, somehow landed here! What's the mince fat question please? Also what happened with Jamie Oliver lol sorry not sorry
It was a question on DK. Something like why does mince have different fat percentages? Her answer was it just does.

The JO story can be read here

Reactions: 3
It was a question on DK. Something like why does mince have different fat percentages? Her answer was it just does.

The JO story can be read here
It just does! Sounds more like an answer a mum would give her child who kept asking a question "mummy mummy why is the sky blue why why why mummy" "it just is darling" than something a supposed cookery expert should give on a cookery show

Well she blocked me on Twitter when I perfectly politely asked whether she’d checked the camp stove was safe.
Maybe I hit a nerve?
Someone close has told her it's not a good idea. So she's probably huffing. She said she was trying to get through to her dad earlier so perhaps when he asked what the astro turf was for he was like wtf are you playing at, if that blows it will take half the street with you.

Reactions: 7
I didn't know mince had different % because it was due to the cut of beef it came from - but a bit startling that a food writer didn't either.

Reactions: 5
I didn't know mince had different % because it was due to the cut of beef it came from - but a bit startling that a food writer didn't either.
Cheap mince has a disgusting fat content. I always pay a bit extra

Cheap mince has a disgusting fat content. I always pay a bit extra

Higher fat content is better in things like burgers, wouldn't want it in my spagbol. But if she's using corned beef instead, she wont even notice what 20% fat is like because shes using 95% fat crap.

Reactions: 11
Don't minor celebs agents pay for those crappy, mundane stories in the mail, thats why there is always a story about certain zelebs that everyones lost interest in. Maybe they are drumming up some support in the fame element.

Allegedly of course.

Reactions: 13
Don't minor celebs agents pay for those crappy, mundane stories in the mail, thats why there is always a story about certain zelebs that everyones lost interest in. Maybe they are drumming up some support in the fame element.

Allegedly of course.
Ah I didn't know this. Allegedly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.