Jack Edwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant believe he'd say publicly that he doesn't pay attention to zoom calls at work and that hes looking at their house in the background šŸ˜­ I know it's (probably?!) a joke but come on Jack! If you love the job don't lose it! šŸ˜­

Reactions: 11
So I am Dominican and one of the books his gf gave him was Dominicana by Angie Cruz (fantastic book btw) which is deeply special to Dominican women since it tells the story of a 14yo girl who is forced to immigrate among other things. I just wanted to say that it bothered me when his gf referenced "South America" since DR is in the Carribean and nowhere near South America. She could have said Latin American and been correct. As a person from there, it really irked me in a petty way lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Cant believe he'd say publicly that he doesn't pay attention to zoom calls at work and that hes looking at their house in the background šŸ˜­ I know it's (probably?!) a joke but come on Jack! If you love the job don't lose it! šŸ˜­
This pissed me off quite a bit. I work in publishing as in for Pan Macmillan and yes Iā€™m not in my initially ā€œdream departmentā€ but I do love my job and Iā€™m learning so much, itā€™s my first full time grad role and it took me eight months of well over 100 rejections to get and I know because itā€™s fixed term maternity cover Iā€™ll be job hunting again in September. I know the fact heā€™s called it ā€œmy publishing jobā€ I know if for the algorithm/sheer amount of people who will be drawn to that and yeah I get it he works on social media thatā€™s smart, and Iā€™m not saying his job isnā€™t in publishing my main way of getting experience in uni was to be an editorial assistant for an academic journal, but for the hundreds of grads looking for advice on getting into publishing to find his video but to also hear heā€™s kinda slacking on that opportunity just annoys me.

Also not saying Iā€™m perfect and donā€™t have lapses in concentration, we all do especially during working from home but I just think itā€™s a bit different on a video to his kind of audience especially when heā€™s clearly thought it through enough to target a large audience of grads trying to get into one of the most competitive creative industries

Reactions: 10
Regardless of whether it was a joke or not, it's embarrassing that he's still stuck in that "tehe didn't pay attention to my work call I'm SO cool" teenage mentality. You're an adult with a job now, Jack. It's not cute, you just look immature and ungrateful. Hope his boss sees it tho xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Regardless of whether it was a joke or not, it's embarrassing that he's still stuck in that "tehe didn't pay attention to my work call I'm SO cool" teenage mentality. You're an adult with a job now, Jack. It's not cute, you just look immature and ungrateful. Hope his boss sees it tho xx
That was my reaction - it just reflects his immature mindset. He still hasn't learned that his videos can be viewed by potential employers as well as his loyal fans.

Reactions: 9
That was my reaction - it just reflects his immature mindset. He still hasn't learned that his videos can be viewed by potential employers as well as his loyal fans.
Given I saw him asking for details on twitter on how to apply for some sort of influencer marketing role in a publishing house literally only a few days ago... I would not be posting that now after giving the new potential employer a way to see it by them already knowing his twitter handle. Let alone if the people he's currently working for see it.

• Wow
Given I saw him asking for details on twitter on how to apply for some sort of influencer marketing role in a publishing house literally only a few days ago... I would not be posting that now after giving the new potential employer a way to see it by them already knowing his twitter handle. Let alone if the people he's currently working for see it.
No way? This from the guy who a month ago said he wasn't trying to become an influencer

No way? This from the guy who a month ago said he wasn't trying to become an influencer
For the record it's "influencer manager" not influencer that he's applied for. But in the tweet he literally called himself a "book influencer" when tweeting the woman advertising the job despite spending weeks saying he isn't one.

Also apart from being an influencer himself I don't actually know what experience he has to be qualified for a manager role. He's a fresh graduate he'd maybe be able to fast track himself from entry-level to associate level roles, maybe exec but not a bloody manager

Attachments

Reactions: 6
For the record it's "influencer manager" not influencer that he's applied for. But in the tweet he literally called himself a "book influencer" when tweeting the woman advertising the job despite spending weeks saying he isn't one.

Also apart from being an influencer himself I don't actually know what experience he has to be qualified for a manager role. He's a fresh graduate he'd maybe be able to fast track himself from entry-level to associate level roles, maybe exec but not a bloody manager
now why the hell does the guy who consistently started his uni assignments last minute and sold messed up planners think he can manage anyone? he can't even manage himself!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I had a sneaky look at the job description and it isnā€™t a managerial role in the traditional sense (giving appraisals, monitoring job performance of staff etc) and I agree heā€™s not qualified for that.

It seems to be building relationships and sourcing influencers to then promote penguin stuff, which he could probably do... like fair enough.. what I donā€™t get is why he even sent that message? Was he trying to be smart by showing himself off to the person who put the job out as a possible candidate? All the information is available on the link, just click through and complete the form like all the other plebs have to šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
not the only thing he's backtracking/contradicting himself on, his Oxford rejection videos are also listed again. i thought "it was time to part with those videos" as he didn't want to be defined by them? making it even more obvious that his twitter rant stemmed from reading here šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 6
anyone who influences people and earns money from it online falls into the influencer category for me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
does anyone else think he's almost definitely working for Ali Abdal

Reactions: 1
does anyone else think he's almost definitely working for Ali Abdal
Iā€™ve only watched I kid you not two minutes and itā€™s already matched up to Aliā€™s ā€œIā€™ve wasted six months of my lifeā€ latest video where he talks about the proposals for his self help/motivation book

Reactions: 5
Vague as it is, I already feel like he's giving too much away about the project lol. I've been a research assistant before (although in an academic setting) and ultimately it's not my work so have always felt like I shouldn't discuss it with anyone - but maybe that's me being paranoid. I don't think I would've felt comfortable making a whole video focused on self-help books if that was the area my research job was in, at least not until I'd finished the job and then going into all this detail about the research in the latest video. Although, maybe this is part of the marketing plan down the line?

Reactions: 14
not the only thing he's backtracking/contradicting himself on, his Oxford rejection videos are also listed again. i thought "it was time to part with those videos" as he didn't want to be defined by them? making it even more obvious that his twitter rant stemmed from reading here šŸ˜‚
I presume he saw a drop in revenue after unlisting them - he did say in his twitter rant that they kept coming up in people's YouTube recommended lists (hence why he felt defined by them), but if they are the best-performing videos on your channel and are boosted by the algorithm... šŸ’µšŸ’µšŸ’µ

I reckon itā€™s vee who heā€™s helping on the ā€œself help bookā€ sheā€™s just announced sheā€™s writing a book with penguin

Reactions: 5
I reckon itā€™s vee who heā€™s helping on the ā€œself help bookā€ sheā€™s just announced sheā€™s writing a book with penguin
I thought it sounded like more of an autobiography with some motivational stuff thrown in, but you could be right.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.