Jack Edwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has he said anything bad about the celebrity books yet? I feel like this could very quickly backfire and that's why he was in favour of the dislike ratio being hidden

70B485DD-1F32-43C0-BFCA-DC09E2638F4B.jpeg

lmao wait but why did he word this as if his channel was going to be the exclusive place to see the new cover when it's just a PR package being sent to different book influencers? Or am I missing something?
And there's also something so vile about non-Americans using "yall" as if he ever says that out loud 🤢
63D3FEB7-C38E-48C0-8D97-1312DFBAD277.png
09BE758D-8CB8-4727-A51A-BEAE877DD49C.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
lmao wait but why did he word this as if his channel was going to be the exclusive place to see the new cover when it's just a PR package being sent to different book influencers? Or am I missing something?
oh wow, i was wondering why they would choose him to do the cover reveal... this makes a lot more sense. why on earth did he phrase it like that lol

Reactions: 11
View attachment 527756
And there's also something so vile about non-Americans using "yall" as if he ever says that out loud 🤢View attachment 527764View attachment 527765
Looool he didn't "exclusively" reveal it did he 🤣🤣🤣 For someone with an English degree he has tit vocab

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So, I’m pretty new to this thread and to jack. Has he recently mentioned what he’s gonna do next year? Does he currently have a job (I’m guessing not because of the pandemic), is he studying?

So, I’m pretty new to this thread and to jack. Has he recently mentioned what he’s gonna do next year? Does he currently have a job (I’m guessing not because of the pandemic), is he studying?
He hasn't mentioned anything specific about the 2021-22 academic year I don't think. He did apply to multiple universities (including Oxford again) to a masters degree for 2021 entry (according to his 'Answering questions I've already avoided' video), but then on Twitter recently he said that he won't be studying after all. It's unclear whether he withdrew his applications or was rejected for the third time and didn't take it well.

He had a place on a screenwriting course in the USA, but dropped out before it started when he found out it was all going online.

At the moment he works remotely as a 'research assistant' for Ali Abdaal's upcoming self-help book, and he is (or at least was) a PA for a UK 'celebrity' which he never named.

Reactions: 4
Jack will ride the influencer thing as long as he can, he obviously don’t have all his eggs in one basket but it’s clear to see this is what he’s doing for the next while

Jack will ride the influencer thing as long as he can, he obviously don’t have all his eggs in one basket but it’s clear to see this is what he’s doing for the next while
what he is doing is becoming boring to watch. i love books. i love reading. but jack, please diversify your content.

Reactions: 2
Honestly I find booktube sort of dull. I love seeing reviews of the books I've read, especially fi they critically discuss the book but that's really about it

I just wouldn't look at his content unless I was a fan of the celebrities' the title mention, and even the mystery book or book exchange stuff seems a bit of a miss. They seem like a good way to find books I may want to read but honestly my to-read list is awfully long and I have so many unread books that it's a bit pointless to watch

I think he’s trying to transfer from one niche to another but failing. He was one of the leaders of the UK studytube videos but now he’s entering into booktube which is already oversaturated with similar creators. Jack just so happens to already have an established audience because of his study videos so he’s doing slightly better. I think the transition would’ve been better received had he integrated the style of videos he's making now more in the past. The celebrity videos are a good idea from a views standpoint and fandoms will share them so he doesn’t have to promote them as much, but I don’t know how long his current ideas will be able to stretch before they get stale.

Reactions: 9
I actually felt sorry for his life in the last video lol. He is willingly f***ing up his routine like that? Maybe it's just me but I consider the whole "I followed X's routine" trend too dumb. Mainly because it takes a lot of energy to get back to your own routine and I would not do this willingly only to suffer later.

He did a video a few months ago talking about the research assistant work. He was vague on details.
~
Another clue to it being Ali’s book is that in that video he talks about how he was doing research for a book on productivity. My other theory was that he was involved in research for Grace Beverley’s new book. But the eagle eyed tattler spotting him on that zoom call has me convinced it’s for Ali’s book!

Reactions: 3
Jack's latest round of IG stories are telling us how Post-Its work. How Post-Its work. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
does anyone else find it irritating how Jack Edwards is capitalising the success of BTS just for views?!? He's got over 700K videos for such a bog-standard analysis on BTS' music videos and that's probably what's made him make even more BTS related stuff. He knows his channel will be boosted for views and he's monetising off it. I laughed so much when I read this tweet. Why doesn't he just do the research himself? Maybe I'm cynical but I've seen it happen with Unjaded Jade too. They all just talk about BTS for views and never go into any depth..

Attachments

Reactions: 8
does anyone else find it irritating how Jack Edwards is capitalising the success of BTS just for views?!? He's got over 700K videos for such a bog-standard analysis on BTS' music videos and that's probably what's made him make even more BTS related stuff. He knows his channel will be boosted for views and he's monetising off it. I laughed so much when I read this tweet. Why doesn't he just do the research himself? Maybe I'm cynical but I've seen it happen with Unjaded Jade too. They all just talk about BTS for views and never go into any depth..
Yeah, it’s easy enough to find out there’s countless threads and Reddit things with books related to BTS. To be honest ... it happens to most YouTubers these days because it’s easy views = easy money. It’s why so many accounts make ‘reacting to BTS for the first time’ videos.

I hate when YouTubers ask for research for their videos ... you’re the one being paid stop being lazy!

I hate when YouTubers ask for research for their videos ... you’re the one being paid stop being lazy!
I get the same vibe (to a lesser extent) when YouTubers ask their subscribers "What content do you want me make/what do you want to see on my channel?" Why don't you make what you like to make? Or even better, analyse your own stats to see what works best according to views/likes etc.

Reactions: 1
I get the same vibe (to a lesser extent) when YouTubers ask their subscribers "What content do you want me make/what do you want to see on my channel?" Why don't you make what you like to make? Or even better, analyse your own stats to see what works best according to views/likes etc.
I sort of get the reading suggestions from subscribers because most people won’t really branch out into other genres unless “forced” or encouraged to

That all being said, I think there’s a huge difference when they jump on the new popular thing. BTS is a big one at the moment, and kpop in general, it’s literally the only reason that it has expanded into the West - the huge fan base will watch whatever they do or whatever involves them and it’s free cash, the rest of the world doesn’t have to be interested in it at that point. Jade also did this recently with kpop too. That just screams lazy and money-hungry to me

Reactions: 1
He also did videos on Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. Just pretty obvious you're only doing it for the clicks when you're targeting three of the most rabid fandoms.

uncarley has done similar videos but her videos seem way more genuine 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.