J. K. Rowling #6 JK and the Half-Baked TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, when I came across your post it had a lot of likes and loves so I don’t think your view is a minority one. Most of the thread are women, many have had S.A/ D.V, abusive dads etc. Surely even without knowing anything about GC issues, they will see that female people (I’m just using this to make it clear!) need safe spaces, if nothing else. Where’s the gif from Shaun of the Dead about it all blowing over?!

Reactions: 8
To be fair, when I came across your post it had a lot of likes and loves so I don’t think your view is a minority one. Most of the thread are women, many have had S.A/ D.V, abusive dads etc. Surely even without knowing anything about GC issues, they will see that female people (I’m just using this to make it clear!) need safe spaces, if nothing else. Where’s the gif from Shaun of the Dead about it all blowing over?!
I was surprised to not receive any sick and angry emojis tbh. It’s either a sign that the tide is turning a bit, or that everything I said was just too reasonable to argue against!

Reactions: 16
JKR tweeted referring to a typo that the police said virtual signalling instead of virtue...mot many got that and now she is deemed is anti gay. How horrible Twitter is its a scary place with too much power

• Heart
Reactions: 15
JKR tweeted referring to a typo that the police said virtual signalling instead of virtue...mot many got that and now she is deemed is anti gay. How horrible Twitter is its a scary place with too much power
i hate Twitter so much and I don’t even use it unless someone has posted a link and I read through it as a non-member. The reason I hate it is because like you said, it has too much power and it’s because the media has given it such status. People say Reddit is toxic and from the snippets I’ve seen, I would agree. But outside of Buzzfeed and BoredPanda and some of their compilation posts, I’ve never seen any form of media treat Reddit as though it was gospel. Same for Facebook and Instagram. But media, even mainstream media, including TV programmes, will base entire articles and TV segments around five or six solitary tweets. Politicians across the western world fall in line to it. It’s utterly bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Twitter is an absolute cesspit!! #sendherback was among the top trending hash yesterday regarding Nazanin, the ignorance displayed is breathtaking.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
As for JM being compared to JKR…by WHO?! It’s like comparing honey with tit and at least JKR donates the money she raises to charity and pays her taxes.
Jack is about 1,000 times less successful, articulate or beneficent than JKR, so any attempt at comparison would be utterly redundant 🤷‍♀️

Trans non-binary makes absolutely no bleeping sense.

Trans means transitioning from one pole of the binary to the other. Non-binary means rejecting the binary. You can’t be both, you absolute shitlark.

I can’t remember the last time I loved a post as much as I love this one! “You absolute shitlark” 🤣🤣🤣

But indeed, ‘trans non-binary’ is ludicrously self-contradictory. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Twitter is an absolute cesspit!! #sendherback was among the top trending hash yesterday regarding Nazanin, the ignorance displayed is breathtaking.
The reason it trended is because of people being (understandably) outraged by the initial hashtag and tweeting their outrage. A Catch 22 situation.

Twitter is nuts.

Reactions: 5
Oh yes, you’re *~technically~* trans if you ID as non-binary because it’s under the trans umbrella, and being enby means you’re not cis, so yeah… trans. Which just creates a whole binary 🤣

Obviously it’s all daft and obnoxious. Thought I’d explain as I unfortunately have woke friends who drink the kool aid, so I know this ridiculous stuff with great reluctance.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The problem with the internet and it's seeping into wider culture is that it only deals in absolutes. With games for instance, things are either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. The same with new films, to the point I wait for the hype to die down unless I really want to see something because there is no middle ground on the reaction.

I saw No Way Home last week and thought it was a fun film that did well with the concept, not sure why people were calling for it to get Oscars?

It's the same with the opinion on JKR. I agree with what she says and think she has been unfairly maligned by twitter. I also have a friend who is trans. This would probably be deemed an impossible position by her detractors, but thankfully twitter is not real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Probably trans people or "woke" people. I don't think anyone in the lgb community thinks she is anti-gay. To my knowledge she never spoke badly about lgb.
Well its going to be an interesting debate soon isnt it then.

With the next Fantastic Beasts film The Secrets of Dumbledore. containing a gay relationship between Dumbeldore and Grindlewald.
How can JKR be so anti gay if she is allowing/writing /encouraging one of her major favourite characters to be seen as gay?

Well its going to be an interesting debate soon isnt it then.

With the next Fantastic Beasts film The Secrets of Dumbledore. containing a gay relationship between Dumbeldore and Grindlewald.
How can JKR be so anti gay if she is allowing/writing /encouraging one of her major favourite characters to be seen as gay?
Because she killed Dumbledore off in what can be described as nothing but driven by pure homophobia. Did Harry, Hermione or Ron die? No. We’re they all heterosexual? Yes. SHE IS CLEARLY ANTI GAY!! <—I think the party line will be something along those lines 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Because she killed Dumbledore off in what can be described as nothing but driven by pure homophobia. Did Harry, Hermione or Ron die? No. We’re they all heterosexual? Yes. SHE IS CLEARLY ANTI GAY!! <—I think the party line will be something along those lines 🙄
I must have just read it in my head then that snape, tonks, lupin, hedwig, mad eye, Fred, sirius, cedric, all died as well then, my bad, I didn't realise ONLY dumbledore died 🙄🙄

Honestly the rubbish they try an grasp at just makes themselves look like idiots, an do any of them actually READ a damn book? Dumbledore was dying in the first place and had snape kill him to save draco, but regardless if draco or snape had or had not killed him, he still would have died (I know its all a book but still, if they are going put up rubbish then at least make sure it's correct)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'd just like to say a massive well done to @maytoseptember for standing up for JK Rowling on the Jack Monroe thread!
Hear Hear I dont even know who the Jack person is but popped on thread after seeing your comment...... So many handmaidens calling JKR a Terf and how much they dislike her. They do not realise that unless Women begin to see the misogyny behind these self identifying men we Women will lose all our hard fought for rights. I stand with the absolutely amazing JKR

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Graham Linehan was on the (BBC NI) Nolan show last night. Talking about how he has been cancelled because of standing up for women's rights. I didn't realise his marriage broke down because of it too. Poor guy looked devastated. Obviously JK came up too. It's just those 2 and some sports stars really putting themselves out there, isn't it? Everyone else just backtracks once they get piled on. It's awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Graham Linehan was on the (BBC NI) Nolan show last night. Talking about how he has been cancelled because of standing up for women's rights. I didn't realise his marriage broke down because of it too. Poor guy looked devastated. Obviously JK came up too. It's just those 2 and some sports stars really putting themselves out there, isn't it? Everyone else just backtracks once they get piled on. It's awful.
Whatever you think about GL and JKR, before this issue came up, they were both two of the biggest lefty’s on Twitter. How anyone can think that letting men into women’s spaces and sports is a right wing opinion is absolutely insane.

Reactions: 29
I think it's tawdry for GL to keep talking about his marriage breakdown especially when his ex wife has said nothing. I personally wouldn't be so quick to believe his narrative

Reactions: 9
He called a woman who disagreed with him a 'ball cradling handmaiden', to give one example. He called another gender critical woman 'a divisive lunatic' and that Kellie Jay Keen was wrong to associate with her. He openly admitted to leaving a voice message on a gender critical woman's phone that he hopes never sees the light of day. (Helen Lewis). This was after she had criticised him (in a mild way). He called her a dishonest careerist hack so god only knows what was in that voice message.

Check out this message he openly admits to sending to Matt Lucas and that he seems proud about too:

In short, GL really needs to step away. He's doing so much damage. He has ruined his own life with this and I sincerely hope he can get it back together.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.