J. K. Rowling #6 JK and the Half-Baked TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to discuss the vile ongoing harassment of JK Rowling for standing up for women's rights.
We ❤ you JK.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 95
I love JK I really do an the whole world she's created

Continuing on from last thread, all I will say is if am going receive a ton of hate because I want to enjoy a game based on the WORLD she's created and has had nothing to do with her since she's had no involvement what so ever with it then it's honestly going start to push a wedge in between me actually accepting trans

I've never had any problems, an I know the majority of trans (ones that have went full transision) just want to live their life in peace which yes they should be allowed that, but the problem is coming from the minority now, the ones that have no desire to even transision an just flick back an forth however they please, it's going be them that's going to end up forcing this wedge where people are going to end up hating ALL trans because its these clowns that are the ones who voices are being heard and are spouting off hate if you don't agree with what THEY want, they are forcing us not to be allowed our own opinions because there's no protection over you when you have been branded as transphobic compared to all the protection you want if you say someone has been transphobic to you even if they actually haven't

I feel sorry for the majority of trans who want to live a quiet life who are now being portrayed by these kind who to me are not even real trans, I do not nor will I even class people who just want to call themselves a different sex as trans, trans to me is a transision from one to the next an not a name to be freely used an thrown about as you please

An I also feel sorry for the ones that truely love JKs world like me who are too fearful to speak out about the new game for fear of being attacked or even just speak about HP in generally because they do not know if the other person will attack them or not, i LOVE hp but even I now myself am unsure if I can talk about it to someone I don't know too well because I don't know if am going be attacked or not, but I will definitely be buying the game an I know am going to love it, am also going to the studios next month an I cannot wait for it, an the fact that the studios are still selling out dates means the love is still as strong as ever regardless of these trolls trying to take it down

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Liking Harry Potter now being seen as a transphobic dog whistle is just a step too far into lunacy. A couple more choice quotes

Question for people: Rowling’s depiction of goblins as hook nosed greedy money grubbers…intentional antisemitism or just blindly using fantasy tropes?

I must admit I’d never made the connection until someone pointed it out.

Rowling’s stance on things is so weird.

Like…Dumbledore was always gay, apparently, but never overtly in the books because that would hurt sales and poison childrens’ minds, but after the fact? On Twitter? Gay as the day is long. OR it was something she never really thought about at the time and just shoehorned it in afterwards as a sort of retcon, perhaps to show how progressive she was?

And if you take that Dumbledore was/is gay, and in love with Grindlewald, and was almost a dark wizard but renounced his love and that path…subtext for being gay = being evil?

There’s a lot of subtext you can read into Rowling’s writing when you know she’s a bigot.

So, setting aside JK Rowling, this is a game where Hogwarts sends child soldiers out on magic special forces operations to suppress an uprising by a brutalised minority?

Plus the usual tired nonsense about the goblins showing that she hates the jews and the house elves showing that she is pro slavery etc etc. And of course no actual references to what terrible things she's ever said, just that she is a MONSTER!!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
The latest outrage over the new Hogwarts video game is that you get a house elf to help you. More advocation of slavery and white supremacy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I said this at the end of the last thread, but still think its relevant!

I dont think its JK Rowling who is falling victim to an anti trans tunnel vision though. Trans issues arent actually the only issue she talks about, she is also still writing other books, and involved in further Hogwarts films....isnt there a new one out with Dumbledore happily coming out as Gay in it? Its Fantastic Beasts 3. The Secrets of Dumbledore.

Let alone the whole Strike TV series and new books!

Sadly because she is one of the few people willing and with the platform to say anything....maybe yes she is being used to promote or illustrate a pre conceived tunnel vision.....from anyone ....who has stopped reading or refering to all the actual facts.

However.... if you accept that a resolution to the issue of transgenderism is unlikely and difficult to find.... maybe you should also be able to realise why some people become so defensive! Some Women are feeling massively threatened........, as well as having to face abuse and dismissal from work and careers and police harrassment, just for their (legitmate) gender beliefs. so maybe these feelings also need to be addressed, as well as those of transgender individuals!

Reactions: 15
As a Jew, I bleeping hate it when people accuse JK of anti-semitism just because they dislike her and want to discredit her. There’s plenty of actual anti-semitism around, and Jewish people don’t appreciate it being bandied around as a weapon like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
As a Jew, I bleeping hate it when people accuse JK of anti-semitism just because they dislike her and want to discredit her. There’s plenty of actual anti-semitism around, and Jewish people don’t appreciate it being bandied around as a weapon like this.
It's getting to the stage they will grasp at anything now so they can throw hate on her, she just needs to sneeze these days an people will jump down her throat, it doesn't matter what she says now these haters will find a way to say she's this or that, and if you ask any of these hateful creatures for solid proof or actually backed up points they come back with dO yOuR oWN ReSEaRcH cause they can't find anything to back themselves up with

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's getting to the stage they will grasp at anything now so they can throw hate on her, she just needs to sneeze these days an people will jump down her throat, it doesn't matter what she says now these haters will find a way to say she's this or that, and if you ask any of these hateful creatures for solid proof or actually backed up points they come back with dO yOuR oWN ReSEaRcH cause they can't find anything to back themselves up with
Literally, she could sneeze and people would accuse her of spreading coronavirus and if she was pictured wearing a mask people would say she’s being mocking and racist towards Chinese people. i can’t imagine having such hatred in my heart. Then again, I can’t imagine how these people go the toilet without at least three “likes” telling them it’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Does anyone remember the channel 4 news car crash interview on the gender pay gap with the presenter jumping to conclusions to put words in his mouth with "so you're saying"? So much of the anti JK stuff reminds me of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember the channel 4 news car crash interview on the gender pay gap with the presenter jumping to conclusions to put words in his mouth with "so you're saying"? So much of the anti JK stuff reminds me of that.
I don't watch any news but honestly the news in itself is just a complete train wreak, if they aren't trying to twist one another's words then they are outright fighting with one another, it's hard to imagine these people are adults with the way they act most times

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Whenever it gets really bad I just think of the mental gymnastics these people have to do regarding HP fandom and laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You mean this?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Step 1: First you tell people words are violence - say it until some people accept that words are violence.
Step 2: Weaponize words.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I wonder if she'll attend the Fantastic Beasts 3 premiere? (I would be surprised if she did considering what some of the actors/actresses have said about her but also because the new Strike book comes out at the end of August and she'll likely be focusing on press for that.)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I said this at the end of the last thread, but still think its relevant!

I dont think its JK Rowling who is falling victim to an anti trans tunnel vision though. Trans issues arent actually the only issue she talks about, she is also still writing other books, and involved in further Hogwarts films....isnt there a new one out with Dumbledore happily coming out as Gay in it? Its Fantastic Beasts 3. The Secrets of Dumbledore.

Let alone the whole Strike TV series and new books!

Sadly because she is one of the few people willing and with the platform to say anything....maybe yes she is being used to promote or illustrate a pre conceived tunnel vision.....from anyone ....who has stopped reading or refering to all the actual facts.

However.... if you accept that a resolution to the issue of transgenderism is unlikely and difficult to find.... maybe you should also be able to realise why some people become so defensive! Some Women are feeling massively threatened........, as well as having to face abuse and dismissal from work and careers and police harrassment, just for their (legitmate) gender beliefs. so maybe these feelings also need to be addressed, as well as those of transgender individuals!
She talks about woman's rights
She advocates for trans rights especially those of children
She points out the lunacy of referring to woman rapists by Police Scotland. In England in 6 years there where 432 woman labelled as rapists
She receives violent threats from men
She receives rape threats from men
She receives death threats from men

She is not a victim and she is not following an anti trans tunnel........to even do that she would have to be anti trans something she has never been despite the outcry that she is largely from men. I myself as a man support the stance JK has taken in support of Woman's rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I wonder if she'll attend the Fantastic Beasts 3 premiere? (I would be surprised if she did considering what some of the actors/actresses have said about her but also because the new Strike book comes out at the end of August and she'll likely be focusing on press for that.)
She should be entitled to attend it, if it wasn't for her then this Premier wouldn't even be happening in the first place, while most of them would still be in the celeb world with other work being that they had work before the HP world there's still quite a few that would have been nobodys if it wasn't for her work an they need to remember that

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes, I don’t even understand from where this whole thing even came from when this is how goblins were described in the books:

“Goblins were short and fair-skinned, as they spent very little time outside. They had very long fingers and feet, dome-shaped heads and were slightly larger than house-elves. Griphook, one of the hundreds of goblins working at Gringotts, had a bald head, pointed nose, and pointed ears. Some had dark, slanted eyes, and some goblins even wore pointed hats.”

Not to mention goblins were not created by JKR just borrowed from already existing folklore. It’s quite telling that they just come up with things like “goblins had hooked noses“ and then these clickbait sites and twitter warriors are starting spreading it like a fact that JKR is anti-semite.

I also like when people tell you, that you can’t like Slytherins because they’re all nazis…For people who supposedly hate JKR and HP they spend way too much time on policing what other people can and cannot like.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
For those who don't follow the Jack Monroe threads, we're just having some crossover - Jack was speaking at a Gingerbread event at the Houses of Parliament last night, JKR is Gingerbread's president. This morning Jack has decided to distance herself from JKR. It's probably not going to go well...

Chaos starts from this post:

• Wow
Reactions: 12
For those who don't follow the Jack Monroe threads, we're just having some crossover - Jack was speaking at a Gingerbread event at the Houses of Parliament last night, JKR is Gingerbread's president. This morning Jack has decided to distance herself from JKR. It's probably not going to go well...

Chaos starts from this post:

Ooh! I can’t decide whether I want to JKR to completely eviscerate her or totally ignore her as not worth her time. It’s not the first time Jack has gone after someone famous. While I can’t stand David Walliams, I did love how nobody on his team reacted to her witterings. Same with THAT MAN (Jamie Oliver for those who don’t follow the JM threads).

As for JM being compared to JKR…by WHO?! It’s like comparing honey with tit and at least JKR donates the money she raises to charity and pays her taxes.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.