J. K. Rowling #6 JK and the Half-Baked TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen the first 2 fantastic beasts films. They are . . . grand. Not a patch on the original series.
Am so tempted to go back and listen to the books on audiobook.

Ugh I just seen that they are narrated by Stephen Fry. I could do without his plummy posh tones
I prefer the Jim Dale version of the audiobook myself
Fantastic Beast are good films also.

Reactions: 2
I've seen the first 2 fantastic beasts films. They are . . . grand. Not a patch on the original series.
Am so tempted to go back and listen to the books on audiobook.

Ugh I just seen that they are narrated by Stephen Fry. I could do without his plummy posh tones
I'm not a huge Stephen Fry fan but I think he does a great job of the audiobooks.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had a lot of long solitary drives to make in the last few months, so I’ve listened to all the HP and Strike books on audible. I really enjoy JK’s writing. It’s intelligent writing and beautiful language and she’s an excellent story teller. I’ve not read the fantastic beasts books, maybe I should. I wasn’t keen on all the films, I only liked the first one.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not a huge Stephen Fry fan but I think he does a great job of the audiobooks.
Yes he does a good Job reading the books but to me Jim Dale does all sort of different voices and not so mono tone I have both sets and both been used lol 😂

Reactions: 1
Never heard Jim Dale, but I have listened to Stephen Fry’s versions sooooo many times. I absolutely love them.

Never heard Jim Dale, but I have listened to Stephen Fry’s versions sooooo many times. I absolutely love them.
It’s the American version of the audio books but Jim Dale is British and was an actor in the Carry On Films an other things hth

Reactions: 3
It’s the American version of the audio books but Jim Dale is British and was an actor in the Carry On Films an other things hth
Sorry, I know what they are, I just meant I hadn’t heard the versions :) A lot of Americans rave about them, but I feel like Stephen Fry is Harry Potter for me. I grew up listening to his audiobooks and love them. I’ve never seen them out of the Audible top 100 either.

I’m intrigued by the new series that will be out in a few years. I sort of think it would be better animated then as live action again. I worry about the pressure the kids will be under with the vile nature of the internet and the comparison to the OG cast.

Reactions: 5
I’ve had a lot of long solitary drives to make in the last few months, so I’ve listened to all the HP and Strike books on audible. I really enjoy JK’s writing. It’s intelligent writing and beautiful language and she’s an excellent story teller. I’ve not read the fantastic beasts books, maybe I should. I wasn’t keen on all the films, I only liked the first one.
I agree, she’s a brilliant writer, her descriptions and ideas are honestly my favourite of all writers. I hope she continues to write once the Strike series is over, though I think ther are still 2/3 Strike books to go?

I have heard there were another 2 Strike books, but I'm not sure.

Knowing :coronation: JK, she will have Strike and Robin getting together 50 pages from the end of the last book 😭😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Audible won't let me find the Jim Dale version. Must be that in Europe you can only get the Stephen Fry one :mad::mad:
I looked too but could only find the Fry ones. I listened to the Fry ones as a lod but am now intrigued by the Dale ones.

Audible won't let me find the Jim Dale version. Must be that in Europe you can only get the Stephen Fry one :mad::mad:
Google is your friend you will find all the books cannot put link up lol they have both versions and the cursed child.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.