J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Strike books are fantastic, and Troubled Blood might be the best yet.
The character development of Strike and Robin is so good , and the weaving of all the different elements in the whodunnit is so masterful. How she is able to keep track of all the different strands is beyond me

Reactions: 11
The Strike books are fantastic, and Troubled Blood might be the best yet.
The character development of Strike and Robin is so good , and the weaving of all the different elements in the whodunnit is so masterful. How she is able to keep track of all the different strands is beyond me
Yes I agree! I think HP and the whole extended Wizarding World stuff was probably excellent practice. She’s used to having to keep it all linked up!

Reactions: 6
I really hope we get a new strike book this year. I’m getting antsy waiting!

Reactions: 7
I really hope we get a new strike book this year. I’m getting antsy waiting!
I wouldn't hold your breath there was two years between Lethal White and Troubled Blood, and three years before Lethal White !

Reactions: 5
I think she’d have teased a new book title by now if there was one this year unfortunately. Hopefully next year though.

Reactions: 4
I wouldn't hold your breath there was two years between Lethal White and Troubled Blood, and three years before Lethal White !
I was lucky in a way that I didn’t start to read the books until October last year so I’ve not had to experience waiting yet! (I finished them all by January) so I ploughed through them and I’m now like argh nothing can follow that!!

Reactions: 3
I was lucky in a way that I didn’t start to read the books until October last year so I’ve not had to experience waiting yet! (I finished them all by January) so I ploughed through them and I’m now like argh nothing can follow that!!
Is there anything worse than having ploughed through a series of books or TV shows and then coming to the end and having to await the next one.

It's like, OK, that's done, my life has run out of meaning now

Reactions: 6
Is there anything worse than having ploughed through a series of books or TV shows and then coming to the end and having to await the next one.

It's like, OK, that's done, my life has run out of meaning now
All the books I’ve read since have fallen flat hahah!

Lets be honest JKR does not need to work again. I read and re-read what she said and can't find anything bad about it. Perhaps folk will clear their heads a bit now lockdown is easing and find something useful to do instead of online character assassination...I won't hold my breath till that happens though :(

Reactions: 16
She doesn't need to but she has talent to burn so she will keep working no matter how many times the idiots try to cancel her!

Reactions: 10
And female celebrities too. The level of hate directed at JK tells us all we need to know about the hatred of women in society, especially successful women with a voice

If we lived in an equal world JK Rowling would achieve damehood for all she has done:

A single mother who had nothing and who became one of the most successful authors of all time
Brought millions into the UK tourist economy and others with her franchise
Paid taxes to give back to the system that supported her when she had nothing
Encouraged a love of reading in millions of children
Gave up her billionaire status for charitable funds
Donated millions in charity, most recently to covid relief in India
Spoke up about womens sex based rights and her own experiences of domestic violence

And I'm sure there's many more. But sadly we don't live in an ideal world so she will just continue to be smeared. While super rich men like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk do absolutely nothing except use their wealth for expensive boy toys

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
And female celebrities too. The level of hate directed at JK tells us all we need to know about the hatred of women in society, especially successful women with a voice

If we lived in an equal world JK Rowling would achieve damehood for all she has done:

A single mother who had nothing and who became one of the most successful authors of all time
Spoke up about womens sex based rights and her own experiences of domestic violence

And I'm sure there's many more. But sadly we don't live in an ideal world so she will just continue to be smeared. While super rich men like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk do absolutely nothing except use their wealth for expensive boy toys
Your quite right.

Bill Gates gets crap thrown at him on the internet which I don't understand, the man donates hundreds of millions of dollars and gets slagged off.

Back in 2014 he gave a Ted talk about the threat of a virus outbreak and how right he was

Back on track, I hope she continues to write and gets recognised for her work and humanitarian efforts.

Reactions: 10
Bloody love her!

Oh no, wait, sorry… she is killing transpeople with donations to charities and auctions that will help vaccinate them (and everyone else) from coronavirus. Also she wants all transpeople to die, because, something something women’s rights, bathrooms, literally killing them what a TERF.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Your quite right.

Bill Gates gets crap thrown at him on the internet which I don't understand, the man donates hundreds of millions of dollars and gets slagged off.

Back in 2014 he gave a Ted talk about the threat of a virus outbreak and how right he was

Back on track, I hope she continues to write and gets recognised for her work and humanitarian efforts.
Well the recent stuff coming out about Bill Gates during this divorce isn’t exactly painting him in the best light, even if he is charitable (Jimmy Saville was also charitable). Not only the uncovering of his friendship and meetings with Jeffrey Epstein but there are also rumours that something HUGE is going to come out to do with him and the rich and elite are desperately scrambling around behind the scenes before they get financially screwed, or worse.

Has JKR turned down a dameship? I don’t really know how they work, and whether whoever awards them would now “withhold” one due to her “controversy” but there are people less inspiring who have been in the public eye for less who have been awarded one. So I’m wonderig whether she’s been offered one, perhaps multiple times, and turned it down. I would be VERY surprised if she hasn’t ever been offered one - and would be interested in finding out why that is.

Reactions: 12
Yes it’s a good point to remember - not all fantastically charitable people are good people (and also, people contain multitudes and can do both very good and very bad things).

However, in this circumstance, the only “evidence” that JK Rowling is not a good person is from mis-interpreting and twisting her words based on an illogical, cult-like belief that denies science and is rooted in misogyny.

Personally I’m not convinced that there are huge things yet to come out about Bill Gates that aren’t already being alluded to. A friendship with Epstein, infidelity with Microsoft employees and a sexual harrassment claim all tell the story.

Reactions: 15
Well the recent stuff coming out about Bill Gates during this divorce isn’t exactly painting him in the best light, even if he is charitable (Jimmy Saville was also charitable). Not only the uncovering of his friendship and meetings with Jeffrey Epstein but there are also rumours that something HUGE is going to come out to do with him and the rich and elite are desperately scrambling around behind the scenes before they get financially screwed, or worse.

Has JKR turned down a dameship? I don’t really know how they work, and whether whoever awards them would now “withhold” one due to her “controversy” but there are people less inspiring who have been in the public eye for less who have been awarded one. So I’m wondering whether she’s been offered one, perhaps multiple times, and turned it down. I would be VERY surprised if she hasn’t ever been offered one - and would be interested in finding out why that is.
Don't go comparing hism to Jimmy Saville for crying out loud. Lets turn on the fella when some real evidence surfaces :(

PS, thousands of people knew the multimillionaire Epstein, don't read anything into that.

Don't go comparing hism to Jimmy Saville for crying out loud. Lets turn on the fella when some real evidence surfaces :(

PS, thousands of people knew the multimillionaire Epstein, don't read anything into that.
[/QUOTE]

I didn’t compare him to Jimmy Saville, I said (in response) that just because he was/is charitable, that it doesn’t make him a good person (as Jimmy Saville was also charitable). But I’ll drop it now to bring the focus back onto the wonderful JKR

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.