J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't go comparing hism to Jimmy Saville for crying out loud. Lets turn on the fella when some real evidence surfaces :(

PS, thousands of people knew the multimillionaire Epstein, don't read anything into that.
I didn’t compare him to Jimmy Saville, I said (in response) that just because he was/is charitable, that it doesn’t make him a good person (as Jimmy Saville was also charitable). But I’ll drop it now to bring the focus back onto the wonderful JKR
[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested in his awareness of global issues as indicated in the video I linked, I've no interest in his personal life.

I see Stephen King has decided to throw JKR under the bus again. Cretin. Haven't ever read any of his books but I never will now. He just doesn't NEED to restare his stance, just leave it alone Stephen ffs.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I see Stephen King has decided to throw JKR under the bus again. Cretin. Haven't ever read any of his books but I never will now. He just doesn't NEED to restare his stance, just leave it alone Stephen ffs.

Why did we need to hear from King today on this too? What has triggered the tweet?

Reactions: 8

Can't take King seriously, the dude wrote children's sex scenes. Gross. Stephens 6.1m followers next to JKs 14.1m though 😂

When will they realise she cannot be cancelled? She sold 65,000 copies of Troubled Blood in a week!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Stephen King is the most overrated writer. His fans salivate over his work, but everything I’ve read by him is hugely bloated and needs chopping right down. Also, so much of his old stuff is very ~problematic~ but nobody is calling HIM out on it. Wonder why?

It really annoys me when people say he writes women well. No he doesn’t. A great example is that he believes the scariest character he ever created is Annie Wilkes - so basically a mentally ill stalker woman, who if you’re going to break it down, is gender non-conforming, lonely and has absolutely no fleshed out existence beyond her love for the Misery books. Yeah, of course Stephen King would find the idea of her far more terrifying than Pennywise and all his forms, Randall Flagg and all his forms, you know, characters that can mind control or shapeshift into your worst nightmare and haunt your dreams and appear out of nowhere. No, the most terrifying thing is a stout, butch woman who loves a book character far too much! 😂

Sorry but it has always pissed me off!

Reactions: 16
Stephen King is the most overrated writer. His fans salivate over his work, but everything I’ve read by him is hugely bloated and needs chopping right down. Also, so much of his old stuff is very ~problematic~ but nobody is calling HIM out on it. Wonder why?

It really annoys me when people say he writes women well. No he doesn’t. A great example is that he believes the scariest character he ever created is Annie Wilkes - so basically a mentally ill stalker woman, who if you’re going to break it down, is gender non-conforming, lonely and has absolutely no fleshed out existence beyond her love for the Misery books. Yeah, of course Stephen King would find the idea of her far more terrifying than Pennywise and all his forms, Randall Flagg and all his forms, you know, characters that can mind control or shapeshift into your worst nightmare and haunt your dreams and appear out of nowhere. No, the most terrifying thing is a stout, butch woman who loves a book character far too much! 😂

Sorry but it has always pissed me off!
I do love "IT" - although yes it's VERY problematic - but "The Stand" is overrated. So society breaks down completely but the women still conform to traditional gender roles, doing all the cooking while the men stand around talking about how to save the world?

Reactions: 6
I do love "IT" - although yes it's VERY problematic - but "The Stand" is overrated. So society breaks down completely but the women still conform to traditional gender roles, doing all the cooking while the men stand around talking about how to save the world?
I mean, even more than that… so Nadine is a virginal conduit for Randall Flagg, yet somehow knows exactly how to seduce Harold to get him to comply with plans, because that’s her only possible strength - her sexuality (which she hasn’t even explored herself?)

Frannie is the obvious good woman and therefore she’s capable, smart, doesn’t make a fuss about anything, is able to fix things like a man and has no time for frivolous woman things BUT of course she’s beautiful and doesn’t know it and obviously her 20-something self is happy to get into a relationship with a man 20 years older?

Oh and how realistic is the character of Julie, a teenage nymphomaniac who just happens to know how to shoot a rifle and takes shots at Nick and Tom down the street after banging Nick’s brains out?! It’s ok that Nick wanted to sleep with her - men have needs in an apocolypse, but a female wanting to sleep with a stranger means she’s a total psycho!

So many more examples too…

Do not even get me started on the racism in that book. I re-read it last year because I thought it was a timely pandemic read, but my god, it just enraged me through. The most recent TV adaptation was also woeful, although I will give them credit for casting James Marsden as Stu, because that makes it more realistic that a college age woman would fall for a quiet 47-year old if he looks like THAT 😂 I also like that they toned down the rape of Nadine.

Reactions: 7
What a MESS. He attacks JK Rowling and yet reading through the replies he is still being dragged for telling people to stop being crappy and hateful. Oh well, if he hasn’t learned yet that anything other than 100% compliance is transphobic then he soon will. I just hope he doesn’t try to reach out to a fellow author for support when he gets cancelled for not including enough trans characters in his next book for the mobs liking...

Reactions: 14
I can't think of a single Stephen King book that I've ever actually finished, to be honest. I'm not a huge fiction reader anyway, so something has to be really great to pique my interest all the way to the end.

Reactions: 7
Naomi Wolf? The same Naomi Wolf who wrote a whole book on the mistaken premise that "death recorded" meant "died" when it actually means "pardoned", because she didn't fact check?

That Naomi Wolf?

Whoops...
How embarrassing! For all those involved, including the publishers and editors. I mean, to be fair, if I read the term “death recorded” I would have assumed it meant the date the death was confirmed...but I’m not researching and writing an entire book about it and would question my own skills as a writer and researcher if it managed to get to that stage without realising.

Reactions: 5
The absolute state of this. Lists ridiculous demands of how JK can “work on her redemption” (which includes writing essays, when TRAs have such an aversion to read the one she’s already written) and then says the “damage is done” as “people have died” by her actions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.