J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rolled my eyes far too many times when someone said 'people who menstruate' would have been a better thing for Gabriella to say than women. Without any hint of irony or self-awareness as to how dismissive that is of women's health in general. Just yikes.

Reactions: 15
I'm always gutted when I see my favourite posters are massively woke TRA 😂 it's cropped up so many times on the Gobby thread!

@judgejohndeed you are my favourite though and I wish we were real life friends 😂
I feel like that about lots of you as well, especially @SqualorVictoria. ☺ I often love most of her posts and I reckon we’d be great mates, as we seem to have similar views.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think you’re all fab, I wish I knew you all in person. Really hard to figure out who the gender critical people are in real life😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think you’re all fab, I wish I knew you all in person. Really hard to figure out who the gender critical people are in real life😂
I find when more ' ordinary' by which I mean not pink haired SJW women do the TWAW it's because they have unquestionably accepted the narrative, watched that hideous drama " Butterflies" and belive that men have had surgery not that the majority sport two balls and a cock. They really believe that a human can be born in the wrong body. When I challenge they seem to be " oh yeah well i don't mean sports that's not fair" or " they shouldn't be allowed in dressing rooms with kids" if more people with influence had supported JKR I think it would have changed attitudes. I am so angry at they way she was stabbed in the back. Cowards.

Reactions: 18
JK's charitable trust is supporting those affected by COVID in India:

I love how, despite all the abuse that's been thrown at her, she just rolls on being an incredible human being. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 35

I love how, despite all the abuse that's been thrown at her, she just rolls on being an incredible human being. ❤
An absolute Queen ❤ I LOVE her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

She is just such a wonderful human being!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's a truly brilliant book. Well deserved! :)
It really is. She is a brilliant writer. I listened to it on Audible ( the reader was fantastic, really interpreted the characters) and I miss it now its finished.

Reactions: 14
I’ve never read a JK book but my partner bought all the Strike books after the whole kerfuffle last year (he’s a gem!) and he loves them.

He also bought a whole set of Harry Potter books even though neither of us really have any interest in reading them! They just sit on our bookshelves as a sign that we believe in the existence of biology. I am planning to buy another set to gift to my nephew and niece soon; starting them on the path to terfdom young 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Are they continuing to make the TV series? I really enjoyed the first few series. Both the leads were really good I thought.

Reactions: 5
It will be interesting to see what happens if the HBO Max HP show goes ahead - any actors that they hire will either have their names dragged through the mud and be borderline unemployable or they'll have to bash Rowling every chance they get.

Reactions: 5
It will be interesting to see what happens if the HBO Max HP show goes ahead - any actors that they hire will either have their names dragged through the mud and be borderline unemployable or they'll have to bash Rowling every chance they get.
I wonder if there can be a way around that, like the producers or reps saying “Actor A” will not be commenting on views outside of the story of this show” or something. I mean, JKR clearly likes writing and she still makes booksellers, TV and filmmakers lots of money so I doubt they will completely pass up the opportunity to adapt her material. I wonder if Jo will choose another pseudonym for new future projects. She shouldn’t have to but I also wouldn’t blame her.

Reactions: 3
We're all human and I for one don't give a toss what gender/sexual orientation/shade of colour/trans/identifies as/fluid gender et al et al you are, but I do wish people would just get on with enjoying their life and put 'victimhood' behind them an move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wonder if there can be a way around that, like the producers or reps saying “Actor A” will not be commenting on views outside of the story of this show” or something. I mean, JKR clearly likes writing and she still makes booksellers, TV and filmmakers lots of money so I doubt they will completely pass up the opportunity to adapt her material. I wonder if Jo will choose another pseudonym for new future projects. She shouldn’t have to but I also wouldn’t blame her.
This is ridiculous. Not your post, but that all that would be deemed necessary because a woman, in this century, stated biology exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.