J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know - you've said so repeatedly, I'm not trying to change your mind. There is no way that person looks female to me, that's all.
Well, to be fair, you did ask the question again in a way that implies you think only your view is valid. (you're reeeeally telling me you think this looks like a natural biological woman?)

I was simply responding to that.

Reactions: 2
Well, to be fair, you did ask the question again in a way that implies you think only your view is valid. (you're reeeeally telling me you think this looks like a natural biological woman?)

I was simply responding to that.
Largely rhetorical - honestly, it's neither here nor there to me whether you can tell or not. Obviously, I wouldn't hold a view that I didn't think was valid. I have to wonder what kind of biological women you've seen that look like that, but hey ho.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do think that in rare circumstances someone who does have genuine gender dysphoria could have it as a young child (although medical transition may still do more harm than good) but for some it is good old fashioned homophobia - there have been multiple whistle blowers from the Tavistock saying that parents took their children in and wanted them to be 'fixed' by making them 'straight men' instead of lesbians and 'straight women' instead of gay men.

There is also the case of Kai Shappley - they are currently a MtF child actress who is currently either 9 or 10 (not sure of birth date)- their mother happily recounts that she started screaming at and "very hard" spanking the child for 'acting too girly' from the age of, at a minimum, 3 (she said she suspected Kai was gay from 18 months so I doubt a woman like that waited until Kai was 3.) Here are some quotes she's given about her child...

[I realised that Kai] "might be gay. And I thought that could not happen. That would not happen..."

No matter how much she hurt the child they still acted girly so after a few years the mum realised that her son wasn't gay... they were actually a woman. Problem solved!

"my kid was praying to die. All of the information & data that I had read about transgender children having a 41 percent risk of attempting suicide came flooding back & I realized that I had a 4-year-old who was begging the Lord to let her die... (rather than) stay here & have to live as a boy one more day."

99.9% of the articles you'll find about them are positive and talking about how wonderful it was for Kai's mother to overcome her bigotry and realise that Kai was trans and let her be happy.

There have been multiple murders of young boys throughout the years because their parents thought they 'acted gay' even at 3 years old (such as Ronnie Paris) and they'd rather have a dead son than a gay son. Considering the mother has possibly played down the 'punishments' she inflicted in Kai, it's probably lucky that Kai is still alive at all, though having transitioned at four I doubt they'll ever now detransition.
That is horrifying it gave me chills. And people today would applaud that child abuser, her critics are the ones called haters and phobes.

Reactions: 11
There is also the case of Kai Shappley - they are currently a MtF child actress who is currently either 9 or 10 (not sure of birth date)- their mother happily recounts that she started screaming at and "very hard" spanking the child for 'acting too girly' from the age of, at a minimum, 3 (she said she suspected Kai was gay from 18 months so I doubt a woman like that waited until Kai was 3.) Here are some quotes she's given about her child...
It has been reported that many families go down the trans route for their child rather than acknowledge that the child might be gay - it is then presented as a 'medical' problem which can be fixed by encouraging transition.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Largely rhetorical - honestly, it's neither here nor there to me whether you can tell or not. Obviously, I wouldn't hold a view that I didn't think was valid. I have to wonder what kind of biological women you've seen that look like that, but hey ho.
Lol, you're doing it again. I can accept you hold a different view to me without getting little digs in, I don't see why you can't afford that same courtesy to others.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Lol, you're doing it again. I can accept you hold a different view to me without getting little digs in, I don't see why you can't afford that same courtesy to others.
Dude you have been getting little digs in 🙄

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Lots of little digs. And patronising women that we can’t tell the difference between male and female.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Lots of little digs. And patronising women that we can’t tell the difference between male and female.
I didn't say that at all. I just gave my view on Kim Petras and my view alone. Others are free to agree or disagree.

New account, seems to have almost exclusively posted on this thread..

I've been branching out, which you'll see if you keep checking my post history. (Also I joined up from another site whose forums have recently been curtailed. I think plenty of other recent new arrivals have done the same.)

Though Agatha Harkness is fab, so I feel happy you've directed that gif towards me. :D

Whatever

has anyone been following the glinner v Jesse singal drama?

Reactions: 7
Whatever

Sort of? I like the B&R pod, so didn't want to listen to their episode because I knew they wouldn't fully understand the UK context or Glinner etc. Which they evidently didn't.

Reactions: 6
Whatever

I find the Jesse Singal v. Katelyn Burns and his army of shrieking autogynephiles dust-up more fun to watch, TBH. Like @mindlessness said above, he lacks the context to really comprehend Glinner and IMO he just doesn't understand UK/Irish caustic humor in general.

Singal seems to be trying to toe the line of criticizing the worst excesses of transgender ideology while remaining woke, respecting pronouns etc. The thing he doesn't seem to understand is that TRAs will never allow this. For them, you either 1. gargle the trans koolaid 100%, enthusiastically and with nary a word of complaint, or 2. you are a transphobic Nazi bigot who wants every single trans person in existence to self immolate. There is no middle ground they will allow you to occupy, so it's a waste of time to concern yourself with keeping up with their standards.

Reactions: 11
I sometimes listen to their podcast, I don’t want to listen to this new one. So you think they have misunderstood his humour? I mean the photos he did for Her had no subtlety at all. They could easily reach out and speak to him. But if they are fence sitting they never will

Reactions: 3
I find the Jesse Singal v. Katelyn Burns and his army of shrieking autogynephiles dust-up more fun to watch, TBH. Like @mindlessness said above, he lacks the context to really comprehend Glinner and IMO he just doesn't understand UK/Irish caustic humor in general.

Singal seems to be trying to toe the line of criticizing the worst excesses of transgender ideology while remaining woke, respecting pronouns etc. The thing he doesn't seem to understand is that TRAs will never allow this. For them, you either 1. gargle the trans koolaid 100%, enthusiastically and with nary a word of complaint, or 2. you are a transphobic Nazi bigot who wants every single trans person in existence to self immolate. There is no middle ground they will allow you to occupy, so it's a waste of time to concern yourself with keeping up with their standards.
Agree with your last point. I respect pronouns (if people want to be called that, fair enough) but I can't go along with all of their demands either. Appreciate it doesn't pacify them, but I don't change for anyone.

I find Glinner far too extreme and obsessive, though.

Agree with your last point. I respect pronouns (if people want to be called that, fair enough) but I can't go along with all of their demands either. Appreciate it doesn't pacify them, but I don't change for anyone.

I find Glinner far too extreme and obsessive, though.
I won't change for anyone either. If one of the "girls like us" I have seen on Twitter stood before me, a bloke in lipstick bald with a beard expecting me to respect a female pronouns and telling me he is a lesbian I won't deny the evidence of my own eyes and participate in his delusion and sexual kick. These are the men Glinner is highliting. I don't find him extreme, he has been painted entirely in a negative light I think he is brave and this has cost him. As for obsessive most people with a cause are.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think he can be a bit obsessive, just in the fact that I worry he'll overload himself mentally and not take a break if he needs to.

Reactions: 14
I like glinner. I think he knows too much of the dark side of it all now and can’t un see it. And sometimes forgets that others aren’t as up to speed on all the latest dramas. His research into AC has been phenomenal, and he’s one of the few men standing up for women for the right reasons

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Whatever

no, but I’m going to catch up on it today. It felt like Glinner was the only guy who stood up for women and lesbians/same-sex attracted women on Twitter (I don’t think he’s on it anymore). He’d say what we were thinking, and the more people argued back with him the deeper he got involved. Despite him making logical, coherent statements and the TRAs making incredulous claims, he was shunned by a lot of people. It felt as if our opinions and feelings as women were second place to those who want to be female. I don’t know how many time I saw ‘you’re just jealous because we’re better a being women than you’ being quoted at Twitter users.

As for telling if a woman is a real woman or not, I find you can tell with the eyes, cheekbones, and brow bone. It’s hard to say exactly what it is, it’s a sense that something is different.

no, but I’m going to catch up on it today. It felt like Glinner was the only guy who stood up for women and lesbians/same-sex attracted women on Twitter (I don’t think he’s on it anymore). He’d say what we were thinking, and the more people argued back with him the deeper he got involved. Despite him making logical, coherent statements and the TRAs making incredulous claims, he was shunned by a lot of people. It felt as if our opinions and feelings as women were second place to those who want to be female. I don’t know how many time I saw ‘you’re just jealous because we’re better a being women than you’ being quoted at Twitter users.

As for telling if a woman is a real woman or not, I find you can tell with the eyes, cheekbones, and brow bone. It’s hard to say exactly what it is, it’s a sense that something is different.
It's mostly because Glinner signed up to Her (which is supposed to be a lesbian and bi women dating app) and posted these profiles: https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/these-are-not-lesbians then went and made some fake accounts with really exaggerated images to prove how ridiculous it is so people are accusing him of mocking transwomen.

Reactions: 10
It's mostly because Glinner signed up to Her (which is supposed to be a lesbian and bi women dating app) and posted these profiles: https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/these-are-not-lesbians then went and made some fake accounts with really exaggerated images to prove how ridiculous it is so people are accusing him of mocking transwomen.
he has a point though, that’s exactly the kind of people who are telling lesbians and bi women that we should want to date them or we’ll be subject to a torrent of abuse 🤢 the fact that Glinner was the only man who was pointing out the ridiculousness of it... it’s as if a you should absolutely not upset trans women’s feelings, and duck the rest of us. It’s as if the lessons of informed consent don’t apply to women.

We should have a right to say no to someone without repercussions. It’s like when a guy asks you on a date or to buy you a drink And if you say ’no’ then you’re called all sorts of names and they get aggressive. This is exactly the same thing but dressed up different.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.