J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good point! I haven’t seen any of these TWAW blokes actually dating them. I wonder why that is....the TERFs!
This is going to backfire so spectacularly and sadly the genuinely dysphoric kids are going to suffer.

I read some report on the feminist section of MN that suicide rates from those post surgery are three times more likely.
All this telling people they can change sex and oh yes trans women are women is bleeping abusive. And a horrible lie. Imagine being on the reciting end of having massacred your entire body with hormones and surgery only to find that everyone was bullshitting you and you can’t actually change sex. People bleeping lied to you to appear woke.

Such crap.

Reactions: 23
And I don't remotely look like a man. In Blaire's eyes not being pumped full of filler and plastic probably equates to looking like a man. Pure projection
The whole "TERF's are just jealous because we pass better as women than they do" argument does my head in. I have a mix of some very feminine characteristics and some pretty masculine characteristics and have been accidentally misgendered in the past a few times but...it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not jealous of other women who look prettier or sexier or more feminine than me. I haven't been since I was a teenager and realised that there are more important things in life. I'd guess that most women (outside of instagram influencers) aren't that fussed about making themselves be a 'perfect woman' either.

It really does feel some transwomen think all women are all catty cheerleaders from 90s/00s teen movies.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
they're always so fillered and plastic surgeried in an attempt to look like young girls and dolls. it's weird. and yes, you can tell who is trans or not because of their voices. their voices are always distinctly male.
And hands.

Reactions: 13
And hands.
yes to hands. i've mentioned this before but a friend was served by a trans woman in a shop. i wasn't looking at the person's face and i wasn't paying attention to the conversation but i looked down and noticed what big hands they had. i looked up and ah, that's why. it's silly to pretend like people don't know.

Reactions: 15
yes to hands. i've mentioned this before but a friend was served by a trans woman in a shop. i wasn't looking at the person's face and i wasn't paying attention to the conversation but i looked down and noticed what big hands they had. i looked up and ah, that's why. it's silly to pretend like people don't know.
Exactly, as humans we have excellent facial recognition and facial recall, we analyse facial features in split seconds, and that’s an innate skill we can’t turn off, so it’s an insult to say we can’t tell 99.99% of the time. We evolved to analyse threats and also recognise familiar friends and family. Like when someone knows you, but not your brother, but then meets your brother and thinks, whoa you look like your sister. It’s an instantaneous skill.

And its shocking that more organisations are not standing up for you but the likes of Stonewall who used to not include trans people under their umbrella are now silent on the issue. That's because there is a huge trans industry now that generates millions of pounds for the likes of them to advice on idiotic. Sadly its just more misogyny for you to put up with and I would love to know how many trans women the likes of Daniel Radcliffe or Rupert Grint have dated or indeed they would because guys do not have to put up with that.
Yeah Stonewall have been pretty quiet over the whole thing. Personally I think that gender expression and sexual orientation should be headed by two separate organisations as they two conflict with one another. Sex based attraction is a real thing, it doesn’t matter how it’s dressed up. A lot of TRAs think that someone with a penis wearing a dress makes them a woman, and unfortunatey it doesn’t work like that. When looking for a partner I’d expect a woman to be a biological woman, and a man to be a biological man, and for them that’s a hate crime and I must die in a fire. I’ve seen a ridiculous amount of hate spewed at lesbians for not wanting a male bodied partner, for some reason gay men don’t receive a fraction of the hate if they say they want a biological man rather than a trans man.

No ones identity should be based on whether someone wants to have sex with them or not. Sex is not a right, it shouldn’t be demanded. Demanding that someone should include someone they don’t want in their dating pool takes away their right to consent.

The TRAs used the argument that you’re not a lesbian if you’re not attracted to trans women because trans women are women. It was a way to force you to say that you don’t think TWAW so they could then report you for ‘hate speech’ and get you suspended.

They demand a ton of respect but then don’t offer the same in exchange.

I know, would have been more effective at the time for sure. But maybe he didn't realise the vitriol would still be as strong as it was

I saw this tweet. Gimme a break!
I read an interview with Fiennes and totally agree with him when he said

"I can understand the heat of an argument, but I find this age of accusation and the need to condemn irrational. I find the level of hatred that people express about views that differ from theirs, and the violence of language towards others, disturbing."

He is spot on and we see this more and more on social media

Reactions: 16
I read an interview with Fiennes and totally agree with him when he said

"I can understand the heat of an argument, but I find this age of accusation and the need to condemn irrational. I find the level of hatred that people express about views that differ from theirs, and the violence of language towards others, disturbing."

He is spot on and we see this more and more on social media
He has a point! It’s as if no one is allowed their own opinion anymore. I’m all for someone debating me on any views I hold in a rational, conversational way, but to shoot down with cries of ‘cancel them!’ and an unwillingness to engage on why someone thinks they way they do is maddening sometimes. It’s like trying to reason with a toddler throwing their toys out the pram.

Reactions: 11
The headline 'Voldemort Himself Supports JK Rowling' really missed a trick - they should have gone with

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Supports She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

• Haha
Hey! I’m a JK fan and massive HP nerd, though to my shame I’ve yet to read the Strike series (did enjoy it on tv though, one day I’ll get round to reading it...)

I’ve been following the discussion on this thread for a while and thought it time to join in. I was worried this thread would be anti-JK, as per Twitter, so pleasantly surprised it’s more nuanced. Twitter has been a shitshow.

I think people should be able to live their life in peace and be able to express themselves without fear of attack as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. I imagine It must be a difficult thing if struggling with gender dysphoria.

I read her essay and response and I don’t think she’s transphobic at all. I felt awful for her when she was piled on with hateful tweets, the people tweeting that stuff out are just not willing to listen to reason.

I’m bi and came under fire in 2018 for a response I made to an article on Twitter that said ‘women attracted to their same sex should also include trans women’ and was told that a penis on a trans women is ‘feminine’ (yes, somebody honestly said that to me). I’ve been called a bigot, transphobic, threatened with their ‘girldick’, told I should set myself on fire, had pictures of anime characters pointing guns and saying ‘die terf’, and been told I’m invalidating their identity because I’m not attracted to them.

I was told that if someone says they are a woman I should believe them and include them in my dating pool, that sexual attraction is based on gender not sex, but even though they say all these things they’ll say ‘we’re not saying you have to date a trans woman, we’re just saying you’re a bigot if you don’t’. Look up ‘cotton ceiling’, it’s horrendous.

When I ask what the gender of a woman (if a woman isn’t a woman based on sex, then how do you define a woman?) I was blocked or again told if a person says they are a woman they are a woman.

I know trans people in real life and they are nothing like those people you encounter in those types of arguments. They just want to be quietly accepted and live their lives in the mundane ways some of us take for granted.
The policing of what people find attractive is ridiculous because everyone is different. Your dating pool is yours and no one can force their way into it. It also reduces people to body parts which is offensive. Maybe these trans activists would prefer if they were told it’s nothing to do with their bits it’s just their horrible personality that puts everyone off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yeah Stonewall have been pretty quiet over the whole thing. Personally I think that gender expression and sexual orientation should be headed by two separate organisations as they two conflict with one another. Sex based attraction is a real thing, it doesn’t matter how it’s dressed up. A lot of TRAs think that someone with a penis wearing a dress makes them a woman, and unfortunatey it doesn’t work like that. When looking for a partner I’d expect a woman to be a biological woman, and a man to be a biological man, and for them that’s a hate crime and I must die in a fire. I’ve seen a ridiculous amount of hate spewed at lesbians for not wanting a male bodied partner, for some reason gay men don’t receive a fraction of the hate if they say they want a biological man rather than a trans man.

No ones identity should be based on whether someone wants to have sex with them or not. Sex is not a right, it shouldn’t be demanded. Demanding that someone should include someone they don’t want in their dating pool takes away their right to consent.

The TRAs used the argument that you’re not a lesbian if you’re not attracted to trans women because trans women are women. It was a way to force you to say that you don’t think TWAW so they could then report you for ‘hate speech’ and get you suspended.

They demand a ton of respect but then don’t offer the same in exchange.

Sums it up pretty well where Stonewall have went wrong and also highlights the fact that money is the driver now as much of the equality that was sought at the founding has been achieved. Simon Fanshawe one of the co-founders of Stonewall in a number of interviews elsewhere have criticised the direction of Stonewall and how it is failing to defend lesbians from threats of violence made by trans activists (however what we really should be saying is that men are threatening woman but that will never happen as too many MPs/celebrities have brought into this cult.

As a straight guy I would never be slaughtered for not being sexually attracted to a trans woman.

Reactions: 21
I wonder, do gay men routinely have relationships with trans men with a vagina? I'm guessing no, but the trans activists feel they are less able to he bullied into it. I suspect there are vanishingly few ' straight' trans women too who still have a penis, funnily enough, they all become lesbians, which of course has nothing to do at all with straight men fetishising lesbianism and ' converting' lesbians with their superior dicks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
I wonder, do gay men routinely have relationships with trans men with a vagina? I'm guessing no, but the trans activists feel they are less able to he bullied into it. I suspect there are vanishingly few ' straight' trans women too who still have a penis, funnily enough, they all become lesbians, which of course has nothing to do at all with straight men fetishising lesbianism and ' converting' lesbians with their superior dicks. :rolleyes:
No they don’t, and I hear that some gay male communities are successful in banning transmen from sex parties etc. Funnily enough, transmen don’t put up much of a fight... almost like they’ve been conditioned as girls and women to listen to and obey men and not intrude?!

Also, LOL @ Blaire White. Even the most “masculine presenting” woman who wears zero makeup, has short hair, wears men’s clothes etc still reads as female compared to Blaire.

It’s all about gender stereotypes rather than sex characteristics for the transgender crowd. I don’t need to flip hair extensions and pout with overfilled lips to be read as female - everyone knows it as I sit here in jogging bottoms and an old men’s sweatshirt. They also give themselves away when they call us ugly, as if the only worth of a woman is her appearance. Misogyny at its finest.

Reactions: 24
Let’s not forget Mermaids telling children if they play with GI Joe they’re a boy and if they like Barbies then they’re a girl.
duck that tit. I won’t have my daughter listening to that absolute bullshit.

Reactions: 20
It’s not as common but does happen.

Reactions: 7
they're always so fillered and plastic surgeried in an attempt to look like young girls and dolls. it's weird. and yes, you can tell who is trans or not because of their voices. their voices are always distinctly male.
Not always true. I don't think Kim Petras' voice sounds male.

Reactions: 1
Yeah hence my comment. :)
She is not the typical ordinary run of the mill transwoman. It is very, very rare to find somebody who avoided puberty completely in transwomen. I would still say that you can tell whether somebody has transitioned because of their voice.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.