J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If a majority of women are fine with it it's because they don't understand the issues. They'll soon understand when their daughter has to share a changing room with guys or when their elderly mother has to accept intimate care off someone 'trans'

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If a majority of women are fine with it it's because they don't understand the issues. They'll soon understand when their daughter has to share a changing room with guys or when their elderly mother has to accept intimate care off someone 'trans'
This. A lot of people only have time to read up on things on a surface level so are under informed. For example, I don't know much about renewable energy past "windmills are good" or the details of financial implications of Brexit on a deeper level than what I can glean from my daily check of the news. A lot of people might just think, awww nice, #bekind, in a generic, non personal way when they see pretty info graphics on social media but do the majority of people drill down to implications of womens privacy of crisis wards, or changing rooms, right to retain the existing language references to sex, etc? I would wager that a lot of people don't. They see the pink and blue flags, cartoons and social media headlines, but that stuff is not the whole picture. Tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: 18
The entire thing is disingenuous, the UK government estimate that 0.6% to 1% of the population identify as transgender, so 200,000 to 500,000 people yet less than 5,000 Gender Recognition Certificates have been issued since 2004, so the majority retain their biological sex legally.

A 2016 study showed that 10 out of every 100,00 population (so 0.01%) have a transgender diagnosis and hormone or surgical treatment. Yet 355 out of every 100,000 population (0.35%) identify as transgender. So 2.8% of trans identified people have medical intervention and 97.2% just identify as the opposite sex with no medical invention at all and lawmakers are saying that those people (mostly biological males) should have access to single sex spaces because the person has a "feeling" or "female brain". We are expected to ignore the very real need for single sex spaces for safety of women ( rape crisis center, domestic abuse shelters) disregard women from conservative culture or religious background that cannot access spaces where men are, women's sports scholarships or programs to promote women in areas they were previously underrepresented in no longer have any meaning. People are being targeted, doxxed, their families threaten and sacked from their jobs for speaking up about this, imagine being labelled a "bigot" because you express concern that your teenage daughter will be expected to share shower facilities at your local gym with a biologically intact grown man that is a stranger to her? It is gaslighting on an institutional level.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Following a “transphobia backlash” against Rupaul after he said only drag queens can apply for the show, it now has its first trans male contestant. A biological woman who has ‘transitioned’ into a man (including a mastectomy) who does caricature of women by dressing as a drag queen. I don’t actually watch the show, but that’s the gist of it (if anyone does watch it they can correct me as I might have read it wrong) and no, I don’t get it either.
It's like that Julie Andrews film 'Victor/Victoria'! A woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman.

Reactions: 7
This is a great post I have to share.

Apparently the trans sense of superiority over actual women isn't all that new.

"Douglas Carl Czinki (who called himself Angela Douglas and Angela Key) wrote a particularly disgusting letter to Sister magazine in 1977 stating,
“Genetic women— Gennys—have never had to suffer the self-hatred or fear that a transsexual must endure and survive in their lives. Genetic women are not ridiculed as severely, killed, tortured and arrested simply because they are transsexual, as are transsexuals. Genetic women cannot possess the very special courage, brilliance, sensitivity and compassion— and overview— that derived from the transsexual experience. Free from the chains of menstruation and childbearing, transsexual women are obviously far superior to Gennys in many ways… Genetic women are becoming quite obsolete, which is obvious, and the future belongs to transsexual women. We know this and perhaps some of you suspect it. All you have left is your ‘ability’ to bear children, and in a world which will groan to feed 6 billion by the year 2000, that’s a negative asset” (Dear Sister from Sister August-September 1977). This is the exact same sense of male superiority present in a lot of present-day trans activism."

Disgusting. And women today are bowing down to those who still spew this kind of vitriol!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
duck that guy.
Exactly - all we have left is ability to bear children apparently. FFS. Why do men hate women so much? I mean as far back as the bloomin’ Iron ages etc... why are women hated so much for being bloody born?

Reactions: 17
Genetic women are not ridiculed as severely, killed, tortured and arrested simply because they are transsexual, as are transsexuals.
No, but we are ridiculed, killed, tortured, abused, raped simply because we are women. This guy clearly doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together, why do we have to breathe the same air as people like this?
One thing that does actually worry me a lot about trans activism is increasingly I’m seeing them comparing themselves to women in terms of death and abuse etc rather than just advocating for themselves. If things are as bad for them as they say (I don’t think stats back this up in the UK) you don’t need to compare yourselves to another group anyway, as a starting point. But the rhetoric is increasingly becoming ‘women aren’t killed and raped’ etc which is not true and there is a wealth of statistical evidence supporting that. The spread of misinformation is dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No, but we are ridiculed, killed, tortured, abused, raped simply because we are women. This guy clearly doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together, why do we have to breathe the same air as people like this?
One thing that does actually worry me a lot about trans activism is increasingly I’m seeing them comparing themselves to women in terms of death and abuse etc rather than just advocating for themselves. If things are as bad for them as they say (I don’t think stats back this up in the UK) you don’t need to compare yourselves to another group anyway, as a starting point. But the rhetoric is increasingly becoming ‘women aren’t killed and raped’ etc which is not true and there is a wealth of statistical evidence supporting that. The spread of misinformation is dangerous.
Only today I heard about the systematic rape of prisoners in China. I wonder what TRAs have to say about that.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I know this is off on a tangent.. How do you formally address transwomen or men who are using female pronouns like Eddie Izzard?

Miss E. Izzard, unmarried
Mrs E. Izzard Married
Ms E. Izzard divorced (I know officially this isnt true...but it does tend to be how its interpreted! )

Or do we go along the lines of the french and address her as Madame E. Izzard, as she is someone of a mature age?

I have resented my entire life the fact that men can get away on official documents, and bank cards etc with the neutral Mr, when I have to define myself in some way as married or unmarried? When i was younger I tried so hard to use Ms or just my first name and surname, but.....Ive given up now!

• Haha
Scottish politics is a nightmare at the moment. I have no idea who I'm going to vote for in the Holyrood elections coming up. I used to know the Greens co-leader, Lorna Slater, pretty well before she got into politics, then she got so busy that she's now a casual acquaintance, but I can't believe someone who used to be so totally passionate about women's rights has dismissed the conflict between trans rights and women's rights as something 'as a majority' women 'don't have any issue around trans rights'.
You will obviously have seen Queen Nic's impassioned plea via video the other week where she is clearly reading from notes despite lying. It all came about because some people threw their toys out of the pram because of the recent act that was passed with the word "sex" rather than "gender". So some of these people have left the party and apparently its terrible!! We have actually lost 10'000s thousands for a variety of reasons with one of the major one being ignoring women's concerns.

I noticed one of the people that had left who is trans who had lied on an application to be a manger of rape crisis centre and who had been put forward for not just 1 but 2 MSP shortlists for woman. Winning neither they have thrown a hissy fit and left the party. They now tweet the support for the greens so it probably will not be long that idiot Patrick Harvie is pictured with them. SNP is filled with people pushing identity politics although thankfully we have got rid of a good few wasters.

I use Ms and I'm not divorced.
I'm married and use a mix of Mrs and Ms and also use both my married and maiden names. It's a nightmare when I need to do send ID confirmation though because I need to remember what's in which name.

Reactions: 4
One of the main reason I'm doing a PhD is so I can avoid the Miss/Mrs/Ms thing and just be Dr.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.