J. K. Rowling #3 JK and the Prisoner of Gender Stereotypes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m from a police family, with loads either currently serving or retired from forces across the UK.

There is a general agreement that all the macho nutters with daddy problems home in on firearms, that you’re nota “real” pursuit driver until you have totalled your police car and that owing to mandatory fitness tests that WPCs tend to struggle with, counting trans as part of the women’s figures is a statistical exercise to get diversity monitoring groups of their backs.

There are other stereotypes but those are the ones that stand out in this thread.

Also, where have I seen that look before? Something something Jared Leto Joker something something.

Reactions: 12
They changed the picture but it's still terrifying

Comments are 100% right.

I often think Twitter must have some sort of feature which makes the replies invisible only to the Tweeter and visible to everyone else which is the only explanation why so many organisations put themselves through this again and again and again and again...

Reactions: 6
I really don’t care that ‘pc skye’ is transgender. I wish WMP would stop throwing it in my face and instead focus on doing something about the horrific increase in domestic violence reports over lockdown this year, particularly in the West Midlands region.

Seriously why are they pushing this so hard? Pc Skye was all over their feed a few weeks ago because of some day about trans gender people. What gives? Why aren’t other officers who work just as hard getting recognition? What exactly has pc Skye done, apart from be transgender which warrants all this extra attention?

bleeping show pony and nothing more. It’s actually a disgrace.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I really don’t care that ‘pc skye’ is transgender. I wish WMP would stop throwing it in my face and instead focus on doing something about the horrific increase in domestic violence reports over lockdown this year, particularly in the West Midlands region.

Seriously why are they pushing this so hard? Pc Skye was all over their feed a few weeks ago because of some day about trans gender people. What gives? Why aren’t other officers who work just as hard getting recognition? What exactly has pc Skye done, apart from be transgender which warrants all this extra attention?

bleeping show pony and nothing more.

After West Midlands police officers fined a woman without a mask in a shop despite her showing the exemption certificate printed off from the .gov website, they plastered their twitter with advice for male domestic violence victims to throw off the negative replies. Tells me exactly what the “man”agement policy is over there.

Did someone say “institutional capture”?

• Wow
  • Angry

bleeping show pony and nothing more.
If anything this puts the force at risk because they may be giving people cause to be cross with these constant PR posts. I mean, I consider myself gender critical when looking at the trans related issues, but wouldn’t wish anyone harm, but some people out there might be physically violent - like drunks in the street with no filter. I don’t think it’s a good idea to make Skye so well known in the area, surely people are going to be uncomfortable and would want another reason to be angry at police... it just seems unnecessary to make a public figure out of an active policeman like that. I care more about police getting on with the job and solving crimes and helping people rather than courting fame and woke points on social media.

Personally, I would be terrified at having to be patted down by anyone other than a female, and even then!! Let alone someone who poses for social media with crazy eyes and a taser like it’s some kind of computer Cosplay war game... I’d be just as cross if it was another policeman posing with the same pose and eyes.

Reactions: 8
All I can say is I hope WMP are using common sense and don’t expect women who have been assaulted or raped to be comfortable talking with a trans woman officer because ‘trans women are women’.

• Heart
I couldn't agree more. Why does Skye need to be "celebrated" above any other police officers? They're not public figures. Their Twitter account should be about public safety and interest, I don't think performative woke stuff like that has any place in policing

Reactions: 15
I couldn't agree more. Why does Skye need to be "celebrated" above any other police officers? They're not public figures. Their Twitter account should be about public safety and interest, I don't think performative woke stuff like that has any place in policing
Exactly, all active police should be anonymised as much as possible online for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and families. The only name of the police that i know for my area is the one who normally appears on the news when providing statements as a spokesperson. I shouldn’t know any others. They’ve opened themselves up to grief for this in the name of ticking boxes.

All I can say is I hope WMP are using common sense and don’t expect women who have been assaulted or raped to be comfortable talking with a trans woman officer because ‘trans women are women’.
When I went to speak to someone at a RASAAC centre (referred myself, the police officer didn’t bother to do it for me) the lady I spoke to said she spoke to lots of vulnerable women and that the “transwomen were the most vulnerable of all”. This was literally a centre for women who were recovering from rapes, domestic abuse situations, escaping from abusive partners (often with their children) and this lady made a point to me every time I saw her to talk about the vulnerable transwomen. I ended up just not going anymore. I felt what happened to me wasn’t important enough to the police for them to properly investigate nor the RASAAC.

It genuinely angers me to see police forces pissing about with this politically correct point scoring woke crap rather than actually putting resources towards apprehending rapists and violent abusers.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
There are many disturbing things about that tweet, but has anyone else noticed that Skye’s incisors have been filed into points? It really adds to their overall menace 😳

Reactions: 5
When I went to speak to someone at a RASAAC centre (referred myself, the police officer didn’t bother to do it for me) the lady I spoke to said she spoke to lots of vulnerable women and that the “transwomen were the most vulnerable of all”. This was literally a centre for women who were recovering from rapes, domestic abuse situations, escaping from abusive partners (often with their children) and this lady made a point to me every time I saw her to talk about the vulnerable transwomen. I ended up just not going anymore. I felt what happened to me wasn’t important enough to the police for them to properly investigate nor the RASAAC.

It genuinely angers me to see police forces pissing about with this politically correct point scoring woke crap rather than actually putting resources towards apprehending rapists and violent abusers.
That’s awful. I’m so sorry they made you feel that way. What on earth was that woman thinking. Even if transwomen were the most vulnerable group of people ever, you don’t go round saying that to someone who is also vulnerable and seeking support.

I live in the West Mids and I feel like I don’t have much faith in WMP right now, that they see women like me as ‘evil terfs’ who may even deserve any crime committed against me. Hopefully I won’t ever need their help.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So I was reading replies on that tweet and came across this. Genuinely gave me an awful nauseated feeling.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Seems EP’s wife is incredibly supportive.

Im wondering if this was a pr move. EP hasn’t entered my head for literally years and now there are articles everywhere about them.

Still can’t get over Juno being played by a man. A story about teenage pregnancy and the main character was now played by a man🙄 it’s just ridiculous. You don’t get to rewrite history just because you’re trans. Own it for once.
Defo, at 33 she is reaching the end of her Hollywood female shelf life. How to escape that? Become a man. Instant relevance, less focus on looks, quick and easy career boost.

Reactions: 9
She wasn't ever known for being a sexy box office draw. She's always been associated with superhero media, "quirky" comedies or "worthy" dramas - works that, even if they weren't well known or liked by audiences were usually critically acclaimed and would always have their own little fanbase. She probably could have continued in that vein for the rest of her career, although at her age she'd likely have to move into doing more TV / streaming shows rather than movies. It all feels so unnecessary but sadly predictable

‘Blaze a trail’ sorry...for what exactly? Aren’t police mostly biological men anyway? Why should I or anyone care if there are trans police people? 🤷🏻‍♀️

From the”full story” on that tweet.

It was only after separating from her wife (for unrelated reasons) that she realised she had to address this part of her identity.

She joined police WhatsApp groups for LGBTQ members and was encouraged to write a blog for one about her experiences. This ultimately led to her officially coming out as transgender in 2018

It would be interesting to see the timeline of splitting with the wife (for unrelated reasons, it’s been said) and coming out as trans in 2018 considering:

A99F281F-1009-42FA-A7AD-3A63A79B301B.jpeg

3D2131B4-ADAE-4F92-A2B0-8AD4E0BB64AF.jpeg

Normal teeth in the second photo too 🤔

Reactions: 2
From the”full story” on that tweet.

It was only after separating from her wife (for unrelated reasons) that she realised she had to address this part of her identity.

She joined police WhatsApp groups for LGBTQ members and was encouraged to write a blog for one about her experiences. This ultimately led to her officially coming out as transgender in 2018

It would be interesting to see the timeline of splitting with the wife (for unrelated reasons, it’s been said) and coming out as trans in 2018 considering:

View attachment 337568
View attachment 337569

Normal teeth in the second photo too 🤔
He looks 'gay' in the above photo and much better without the added fangs.

I reckon he's probably now become trans so he can wear a blonde wig and keep his head warm.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.