J. K. Rowling #3 JK and the Prisoner of Gender Stereotypes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fabulous title @Falkor !

Today's Guardian article was very much a welcome surprise.

I think on the last thread the discussion was about lesbians being called transphobic for not wanting to date a tw.

How did we get to a point where "genital preference" (so reductive) is 'transphobic'.

Funny how it's always the women who get the short end of the stick.

As JK Rowling says; "‘Feminazi’, ‘TERF’, ‘witch’, ‘witch’. Times change. Woman-hate is eternal."

• Heart
Reactions: 49
#uktransright is trending no.1 on Twitter...

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
How someone can read this and think it's good idea is beyond me.

"Reform the GRA to allow transgender people to self-identify without the need for a medical diagnosis, to streamline the administrative process, and to allow non-binary identities to be legally recognised."

WTF.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I'm sure they tried this before but were denied or it may have been to do with having whatever gender other than they were born with on their passport.

Reactions: 7
Hasn’t Scotland already started down this path? Allowing the definition of the word women to include men who identify as women?
I saw the hash tag on twitter but I’ve been avoiding the place for a few days.

Reactions: 9
Hasn’t Scotland already started down this path? Allowing the definition of the word women to include men who identify as women?
I saw the hash tag on twitter but I’ve been avoiding the place for a few days.
Wee Jimmy Krankie has a lot to answer for.
Hideous woman.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Looking at the child actors from the HP films and their reaction to JKR's comments made me realise that being a 'film star' does not mean your the sharpest pencil in the box.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Looking at the child actors from the HP films and their reaction to JKR's comments made me realise that being a 'film star' does not mean your the sharpest pencil in the box.
I noticed this about a lot of celebrities during lockdown. Without their PR’s checking over their every move, a lot of them have come across as absolute fools and made a right show of themselves. Though I think if covid hadn’t have happened, the “golden trio” still would have condemned JKR 😡

Reactions: 27
I noticed this about a lot of celebrities during lockdown. Without their PR’s checking over their every move, a lot of them have come across as absolute fools and made a right show of themselves. Though I think if covid hadn’t have happened, the “golden trio” still would have condemned JKR 😡
Definitely. Remember Gal Gadot and her cringe worthy Imagine video. I agree that the three stooges still wouldn't have the balls to side with JK Rowling- they know their careers outside HP are largely irrelevant and they probably worried that this would finish them off. Idiots

Reactions: 22
I feel really sorry for JK, she hasn't said anything offensive and she's literally just giving her own opinion that includes her concerns (which are on medical and ethical grounds). It's sad to me that such an amazing author has been the victim of all the 'cancel culture' going around.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
How someone can read this and think it's good idea is beyond me.

"Reform the GRA to allow transgender people to self-identify without the need for a medical diagnosis, to streamline the administrative process, and to allow non-binary identities to be legally recognised."

WTF.
Well that got firmly stopped in its tracks today!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I totally love Rose of Dawn. She’s so eloquent and because she is trans is worth listening to over all the wokies who are just using gender dysphoria for martyr points.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.