Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

trich

I feel really sorry for JK, she hasn't said anything offensive and she's literally just giving her own opinion that includes her concerns (which are on medical and ethical grounds). It's sad to me that such an amazing author has been the victim of all the 'cancel culture' going around.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

I'm not a robot

I can't see a lot of this thread anymore because I've blocked most people who post here, but I do sometimes read the few posts I can still see....I am interested in hearing when each of you began to be radicalized but I don't think you see yourself that way. Most transphobes (since you don't want to be called Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminists, right?) see themselves as victims and defenders of feminism and sex, and act as if they're just being "gender-critical". The whole ideology is so flimsy (like religious extremism) that I don't want to discuss anything, tbh. The only thing that gives me comfort is to know that you're a minority and that history shows you're on the losing side. People like you had to give up on racial segregation, you tried to ban lesbians from bathrooms, you try try try...but I'm glad you won't succeed in your hateful crusade. You're not feminists, you hate women and define a person's character and identity by their genitals. That is...sad and in a way disgusting, but I don't wish ill on any of you. Have a nice weekend! :)

You could not be more wrong. I was brought up in an environment where you didn't judge others by anything other than their behaviour. We had men wearing make-up, with 'feminine' hair and clothing, they self-identified as new romantics and we idolised them! I myself was a tomboy and still am. That doesn't change the fact that I was born with female genitalia. I understand that some people are not happy with the body they are born with, and believe they should be supported with counselling, medication and operations when necessary. I do not agree with people being able to self-identify without being supported properly by the medical profession. When they genuinely feel this way, I would think they are glad of medical support.

I definitely do not agree that people who self identify as female, put on make-up and a skirt, should then be able to participate in female competitions, or access women only spaces. Someone with a penis does not belong in a womens refuge.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Fabulous title @Falkor !

Today's Guardian article was very much a welcome surprise.

I think on the last thread the discussion was about lesbians being called transphobic for not wanting to date a tw.

How did we get to a point where "genital preference" (so reductive) is 'transphobic'.

Funny how it's always the women who get the short end of the stick.

As JK Rowling says; "‘Feminazi’, ‘TERF’, ‘bitch’, ‘witch’. Times change. Woman-hate is eternal."

• Heart
Reactions: 49

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are both a pair of spineless idiots who bleat shit trying to stay relevant.😡

I sincerely hope that neither of them are ever given the opportunity to appear in any of JKs work ever again, and let's face it there are plenty of better actors out there.
If JKR was as petty as me, she’d write one more HP book with Harry, Hermione and Ron which would be guaranteed to be turned into a film, stay completely silent on it until they tweeted how looking forward they were to be reprising the roles and then publicly humiliate them and ask them who on earth told them they were involved in it and then announce the new, better actors. Fortunately JKR is far more sensible and reasonable than I am and loves her creation and respects her fans too much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

neo_wales

Looking at the child actors from the HP films and their reaction to JKR's comments made me realise that being a 'film star' does not mean your the sharpest pencil in the box.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Norbs

VIP Member
I can't see a lot of this thread anymore because I've blocked most people who post here, but I do sometimes read the few posts I can still see....I am interested in hearing when each of you began to be radicalized but I don't think you see yourself that way. Most transphobes (since you don't want to be called Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminists, right?) see themselves as victims and defenders of feminism and sex, and act as if they're just being "gender-critical". The whole ideology is so flimsy (like religious extremism) that I don't want to discuss anything, tbh. The only thing that gives me comfort is to know that you're a minority and that history shows you're on the losing side. People like you had to give up on racial segregation, you tried to ban lesbians from bathrooms, you try try try...but I'm glad you won't succeed in your hateful crusade. You're not feminists, you hate women and define a person's character and identity by their genitals. That is...sad and in a way disgusting, but I don't wish ill on any of you. Have a nice weekend! :)
I respectfully disagree with pretty much all of this. The passive aggression in your post is risible. I have seen virtually no transphobia - or terfdom - on this thread. To say that trans women and born women are different is a simple statement of scientific fact. To resent the incursion of those who are not born as women into safe spaces for those who are as an erosion of hard-won rights is also a right. And as for us being a minority, I think you’ll find that we represent an overwhelming but silent majority. Perhaps just not in the social media echo chambers where you are drawing your conclusions from.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Pinkii

VIP Member
I’ve had to stay away from this thread as this topic makes me so angry that I find I can’t articulate my point properly.

So glad to see so many defenders of females and our rights on this thread, I have a little girl and just get so angry that she will possibly grow up in a world where her voice won’t matter and her rights over Females spaces won’t be respected.

I was never a fan of JK or Harry Potter but after everything that’s been directed at her and for her to stand by what she said and articulate her point so elegantly she has a supporter in me.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

beeetlejuice3

Holy crap, I have never lurked the celeb boards before but when I saw JK Rowling I rolled my eyes thinking everyone would be hating on her... instead I find a board of rational women who understand the importance of distinguishing between biological sex and the narcissism of trans rights activists... amazing!

People are peak transing more and more and I’m living for it! Been an out and proud “TERF” or GC RF for like... 2 years now? Banned from Twitter woo.

I wish more celebs would come out in support of JK. It’ll be a snowball effect. And I want Jameela Jamil to shut the fuck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

CheshireLove

VIP Member
#uktransright is trending no.1 on Twitter...
How someone can read this and think it's good idea is beyond me.

"Reform the GRA to allow transgender people to self-identify without the need for a medical diagnosis, to streamline the administrative process, and to allow non-binary identities to be legally recognised."

WTF.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
An observation - whenever we get the odd poster like this, they charge in throwing accusations of us being awful vile transphobes everywhere. Nobody rises to it. As they post more, the vitriol tends to get worse. And still, nobody rises to it and everyone's civil until it's really obvious we're all wasting our time. But...they're abusive to us from the start, and we're just meant to lie down and take it? I think that in itself is another form of misogyny tbh. I'm not criticising anyone for being polite by the way, I just think it's interesting that for some reason we are expected to put up with this and not to rise to it and they can say whatever they like from the get go and that's fine.

I immediately assume people like this are women haters from the off now. Anyone who thinks there's no clash of rights going on - misogynist. Anyone who tells me to jUsT ReAd tHe EssAy and but but but but the internet says Rowling is a transphobe so it must be true - misogynist. Of course telling those people they're women haters is never received as well as us being told we're TERFs all the time, but that's another story. They can dish it but they can't take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

TheDevil'Son

Troubled Blood ended up being a best seller in the first week of the book going on sale and sold more than the previous Strike's series. When people learn, if you complain about something, people are going to out and buy it, to see what the fuss is about.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Pixie06

VIP Member
Coward
[/QUOTE
So are you saying that no one on this thread is a lesbian? Or black? It's people like you that are ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Doc

VIP Member
A skirt and lipstick does not a women maketh.

If you think otherwise, tough titties.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I also saw it said on a Sali Hughes reddit thread that there is "gross transphobia" on the JK Rowling thread on Tattle.

Yet I bet not one person could give a good reason why a woman with PCOS gets refused laser removal and a trans women can have it on the NHS. How do you feel about men having more rights than you? That's just one example among many posted on the thread

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Why can’t a single one of these people ever actually quote a single transphobic sentence in anything Rowling has written? Very interesting indeed, almost like it doesn’t exist. I’ve read the essay several times over, I don’t see transphobia. If you make the claim the burden is on you to support it.

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree

• Haha
  • Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
What a week it has been. An end to self id, new guidance for schools which totally blows Mermaids’ bullshit out of the water and puts safeguarding above all else(in England at least), and now this letter sticking up for JKR.

Not very often we get so many positive outcomes in one week. Interested to see the rest of the signatures. The backlash she has received has gotten totally out of hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 30