IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s bad they say test once a day in the morning (my clinic say this too) my friend ended up missing hers even though I did tell her she needed to be doing it at least twice a day. Mine rises and drops so fast I could easily miss it but after 18 months tracking I know I sometimes pick it up in the evening.

Exactly, I’m always the evening too and sure enough it’s fading by the morning again.

I just got my serum progesterone test results back and got 11.6nmol/L so looks like I didn’t ovulate. This is my second time having this test and it was low last time. Got a doctors appointment in a couple of weeks to discuss further. Does anyone know what happens next, will I be given clomid?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just got my serum progesterone test results back and got 11.6nmol/L so looks like I didn’t ovulate. This is my second time having this test and it was low last time. Got a doctors appointment in a couple of weeks to discuss further. Does anyone know what happens next, will I be given clomid?
Did you just have a blood test or a tracking scan as well?

Did you just have a blood test or a tracking scan as well?
I think this is my second or third blood test of this type and it’s been similar result each time. I had an ultrasound which came back normal but not sure if that was the same thing as a tracking scan?

I think this is my second or third blood test of this type and it’s been similar result each time. I had an ultrasound which came back normal but not sure if that was the same thing as a tracking scan?
Sometimes on scan they will tell what ovary you ovulated from last I think that’s what they meant as progesterone not always reliable that you didn’t ovulate. Clomid is usually the first thing prescribed if anovulation is suspected though, hope the appointment goes well x

Sometimes on scan they will tell what ovary you ovulated from last I think that’s what they meant as progesterone not always reliable that you didn’t ovulate. Clomid is usually the first thing prescribed if anovulation is suspected though, hope the appointment goes well x
Oh I definitely don’t think I’ve had anything like that! They didn’t elaborate as they often don’t! Thank you I appreciate it x

An internal tracking scan can help to identify if you actually do ovulate alone and would be required likely before clomid / letrozole etc. I had. A couple of cycles on it but after a long break due to COVID then a MH crisis I found out I was ovulating alone. Tracking scans helped me to know that I ovulate late and progesterone tests have confirmed that (they will only be reliable 7 days after you ovulate) I'm still childless due to other reasons but every hopeful

An internal tracking scan can help to identify if you actually do ovulate alone and would be required likely before clomid / letrozole etc. I had. A couple of cycles on it but after a long break due to COVID then a MH crisis I found out I was ovulating alone. Tracking scans helped me to know that I ovulate late and progesterone tests have confirmed that (they will only be reliable 7 days after you ovulate) I'm still childless due to other reasons but every hopeful
That’s really interesting! Thanks for letting me know, it’s good to know that there are other options potentially. It’s so frustrating because I had an overwhelming sense at the start that we would struggle and I didn’t know why and here we are now haha. Glad you’re staying hopeful, wish you all the best!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m having my fourth IUI tomorrow! I got pregnant during my third one last summer but miscarried in August. Thinking positive thoughts and sprinkling baby dust to everyone who need it ❤🤞

• Heart
Hopping on this thread as I’m starting IVF after years of infertility due to my endometriosis.

Starting long protocol next month and I’m DREADING the injections, although trying to keep positive! I’d find out if I was pregnant around Valentine’s Day so I’m telling myself it’s meant to be 🥰

• Heart
Hopping on this thread as I’m starting IVF after years of infertility due to my endometriosis.

Starting long protocol next month and I’m DREADING the injections, although trying to keep positive! I’d find out if I was pregnant around Valentine’s Day so I’m telling myself it’s meant to be 🥰
I was really worried about the injections but it honestly was fine. Some of mine were the pen type ones too and those ones were super easy. Good luck! X

I was really worried about the injections but it honestly was fine. Some of mine were the pen type ones too and those ones were super easy. Good luck! X
thank you! I’m so squeamish, but I have a feeling this is going to help me overcome my phobias 🤣 I have about 5 weeks total of injections and after down reg I’ll be on 2 a day so I’m hoping they’ll become like second nature eventually!

Today was the end of my latest TWW and IUI number 4 is yet another big fat failure. I'm so sick of the rollercoaster my months have turned into, between testing and the TWW and all emotions. Doesn't help that today I just want to be left alone, so of course I have moany customers needling at me making me feel like I'm terrible at my job.

Two more IUIs until they'll move us on to IVF, having to dig deep to find the mental strength to get through them.

• Heart
Today was the end of my latest TWW and IUI number 4 is yet another big fat failure. I'm so sick of the rollercoaster my months have turned into, between testing and the TWW and all emotions. Doesn't help that today I just want to be left alone, so of course I have moany customers needling at me making me feel like I'm terrible at my job.

Two more IUIs until they'll move us on to IVF, having to dig deep to find the mental strength to get through them.
It’s so difficult, I feel like I’ve totally lost myself over the last year. Hopefully your next one works 🩷

• Heart
Hello all. Lord knows I don’t need to be on another thread but here we are 🤣

Bit of background: TTC for 5.5 years, multiple losses, FET next week. It’s donor eggs because of AMH levels and the reasons for my miscarriages. Feeling so, so all over the shop the closer we get. Can’t concentrate (thankfully I have just returned from a v stressful overseas business trip so don’t have work hanging over me for a few weeks) and feel so detached from everything. If it works, we get all we ever dreamed of; if it doesn’t, it’s yet another failure.

If anyone has any advice or resources I’d be so grateful!

• Heart

Bit of background: TTC for 5.5 years, multiple losses, FET next week. It’s donor eggs because of AMH levels and the reasons for my miscarriages. Feeling so, so all over the shop the closer we get. Can’t concentrate (thankfully I have just returned from a v stressful overseas business trip so don’t have work hanging over me for a few weeks) and feel so detached from everything. If it works, we get all we ever dreamed of; if it doesn’t, it’s yet another failure.

I’ve got my first FET next week too and I’m petrified.

I’ve been using the mindful IVF app for meditation, I’m still having meltdowns every day but it does help. There’s a donor section on there as well that might be useful for you. Best of luck xx

• Heart

I’ve been using the mindful IVF app for meditation, I’m still having meltdowns every day but it does help. There’s a donor section on there as well that might be useful for you. Best of luck xx
Ahh thanks for this, exactly what I’m after. Keeping it crossed for you ❤

Good luck to you both! The 2WW is difficult but I tried to do something nice for myself each day to keep me occupied - even if it was just something small like picking up a nice sandwich for lunch or spending time doing skincare/self care. It was a bit of something to look forward to each day to pass the time until test day.

• Heart
Good luck to you both! The 2WW is difficult but I tried to do something nice for myself each day to keep me occupied - even if it was just something small like picking up a nice sandwich for lunch or spending time doing skincare/self care. It was a bit of something to look forward to each day to pass the time until test day.
Oh thank you! That’s such a good idea.