Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScoutFinch

Just a little update from me.

I’m 10 days post-transfer today, and I’ve found out I’m pregnant. I’m so shocked, I can’t believe it actually worked. Just keeping everything crossed now as it’s still early days 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Ouch

I feel so drained today. My sister is the second person to tell me she's pregnant this week and I hate myself for being overcome with jealousy and self pity.
We are due to start our only round of NHS funded IVF on my next cycle which should be next week and I still feel absolutely devastated. How evil a person can I be to not feel overcome with happiness for them?

Sorry. I know this post probably won't go down well and I apologize sincerely. I just needed to vent.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

crumpets2

Hi! We’re both 32. Off contraception nearly 3 years, awaiting our funding to be approved for IVF. Nervous and excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies! I’m 25 and my husband is 28. My husband has anorchia, so we needed to use donor sperm. We unfortunately had 6 failed IUIs between Dec’ 21 and June’ 22. We chose a new donor in July this year and started our IVF journey in august. Amazingly we managed to get 10 embryos in the freezer🥹! I got OHSS so we weren’t allowed to transfer that month. We did a frozen embryo transfer early on in November and that little embryo has decided to stick around!🤞 we were discharged from our clinic on Monday - a day I never thought would happen!

If anyone has any questions RE: the IUI or IVF process, or using a donor then I’m happy to try my best to answer😊 good luck with your journeys 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Lola UK

VIP Member
Thank you for making this thread 🤍

I’m sure a few lovely supportive ladies will move over from the ttc thread. Shall we do a little re-introduction?

I’m 32, partner is 34. I’ve been off contraception for over 5 years, trying for 2. No joy, obviously! I’ve just made the first step to get our fertility tested.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Its_Me

VIP Member
We are 35&38 I started tracking ovulation and officially trying at the start of this year but never been on contraception. No real issues other than I have a history of endometriosis (not in the uterus or on ovaries) and found out at most recent scan last week that I have one slightly polycystic ovary but I don’t have PCOS and still ovulating every month from the good one. He has started on Impryl recommended by our Dr and plan is to go ahead with IVF in Feb 23 but still praying for a miracle 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8

DMD12345

Hi all! Not been much to report recently BUT… me and my hubs finally start IVF on 21st Feb 😭🤞🏼 I’m so excited and nervous I don’t know what to expect 🙈
I've just finished my first course with embryo transfer on Monday and now in the dreaded waiting period to see if its worked. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! (I've even got used to tablets up the bum which horrified me at first) :LOL: Good luck! X

• Heart
Hi all, im 34 and hub is 35
I came off the pill after being on it for about 15 years approx 4-5 years ago. Been trying for approx 18 mths/2 years. Approached GP a few months ago and both been for initial tests and referred to Gynae. I’ve been told there’s an appt for me
With consultant at hospital in January but no letter yet.
not sure how I feel about ivf but this Thread may shed some light for me

• Heart

Angrysue_

Chatty Member
Some of you may remember me from about 7 weeks ago. I wanted to update you all thank you all so much.

After my wife cheated and left me when taking the first steps of fertility treatment I felt like my world had fell apart. And although I still do, I'm still single and powering through this like you all told me to do. It's been the hardest 7 weeks of my life but I'm doing it, I'm not going back and I absolutely know I deserve better than that!

Thank you all so much for your support during some of my darkest days, you all keep me going giving me advice I never new I needed. Strangers that out their time into me. I will be forever grateful ❤

• Heart

rageinducing

I feel so drained today. My sister is the second person to tell me she's pregnant this week and I hate myself for being overcome with jealousy and self pity.
We are due to start our only round of NHS funded IVF on my next cycle which should be next week and I still feel absolutely devastated. How evil a person can I be to not feel overcome with happiness for them?

Sorry. I know this post probably won't go down well and I apologize sincerely. I just needed to vent.
They’re 100% normal. You’re upset about what you don’t have not what they do. I know exactly how you feel. I’m 44 and tried everything to get pregnant but nothing worked and we’ve had to accept it’s just us 2. It still stings when I hear any pregnancy announcement even now, I don’t wish infertility on anyone so while I’m so desperately sad for us I’m glad they don’t have any of this pain. It’s perfectly normal to be sad and upset so don’t beat yourself up about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

MrsWolf

VIP Member
I’m 28, hubby is 40 we’re looking to go private ivf/icsi in the new year once he returns home from deployment around Christmas time (🤞🏼). Having to go private due to him having children from a previous relationship. Been trying for 3 years with no luck, I have pcos and polycystic ovaries.

Took a break from the ttc thread whilst he’s been deployed but have been lurking in the background, thank you for making this thread 🤍

• Heart

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
Just needing a sounding board tbh. Feeling very deflated recently and feel like giving up. So many announcements recently and it's hitting me so so hard. I just feel like this is never going to happen for us. Our referral appt is next Thursday, but that just seems so long away 😂 we only get one round as well at our NHS hospital so I'm trying to throw absolutely everything at this, haven't drank alcohol since NYE, consistent activity whether it's a walk or a workout, cut down caffeine and that's both of us not just me. Just feeling a lot atm and I'm exhausted

• Heart

Artheusa

I've learned today that my first FET failed. I had two embryos transferred to increase our chances (it's recommended where I live if you're above age 35) It was our first try at IVF. Age 38, no previous pregnancies, husband tested fine, everything seems perfect on paper but it did not work. I never wanted kids before my marriage at 35 and now I blame myself for being late for everything.

• Heart

Bowsider2010

Hi all, have just discovered this thread and am so grateful to you all.

My hubby suffered a life changing injury in 2020 and is now paralysed which means we are unable to conceive naturally as he can no longer ejaculate - so all sorts of emotions!

We were due to start IVF in Jan 2022 but I actually paused it as just emotionally didn't feel ready with everything else going on. We've now just started this month - I started my Gonal F injections on Sunday and added Fyremadel today - first progress scan is this Friday, eek!

Feeling all sorts of things but am trying not to overthink it (easier said than done!).

Anyway, that's me - and just wanted to send you all big hugs and thank you for sharing - it defo helps me feel like I'm not alone on this (it's such an odd journey to be on when no-one close to you is!?) xx

• Heart

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
Hi all! Not been much to report recently BUT… me and my hubs finally start IVF on 21st Feb 😭🤞🏼 I’m so excited and nervous I don’t know what to expect 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Ouch

I went to a follow up appointment on Friday to find out why there were no eggs when they went for egg retrieval. The long and short of it was that they don't know. Low ovarian reserve mainly.

They gave us 5% chance of getting pregnant using my eggs, and 30-40% using a donor egg. The wait time is 12-18 months for a donor egg. They also called me later on and said that they had just received news that our area will be increasing funding from 1st April so we get potentially 2 more funded chances, but there are caveats as below:

1) If we use the funding for another round using my eggs and any of the following happens:
-They don't collect any eggs
-The eggs fail to fertilize
-The embryos don't start dividing
Then we lose the chance of a further funded round. We would however get another chance using my eggs if all the above happened and the embryo failed to implant or I miscarry.
2) If we chose the donor route we get 2 rounds, regardless of whether the eggs fertilize and so on.
3)We lose the right to further funding if we self fund another round using my eggs before using the funded options.

Ideally I want to try again with my own eggs, because I'm not ready to write them off yet so I'm gutted that we can't just have one more try with my own before trying donor eggs, and I understand that the chances of it happening are so low so it would probably be in vain.

We are short on time because any treatment needs to start before my 40th Birthday and I'm already 38.

My Partner said we need to go with the stats and that a 5% chance isn't really hopeful, especially when compared with a 30-40% chance using donor eggs. I said I understand that but it's easy for him because it would be his sperm that fertilizes the donor egg, he replied "but you'd be doing all the hard work by growing it - nobody cares about where the flour in the bread comes from, they care how well it's baked!" and that made me laugh even though I'm not sure the analogy has any substance :ROFLMAO:.

My head is a mess and on top of this my pregnant sister is moaning to all of our other siblings and parents that "most other sisters would be making things for their Niece or Nephew, would be shopping for baby things together, planning a baby shower, getting gifts for the baby and mum to be" and it makes me feel like the shittiest person in the world. I struggled to even look at her when we had a family gathering last week. It was 3 days after the failed egg collection and I felt so devastated by that so I just didn't even want to acknowledge her pregnancy. All the talk was of the baby and her being pregnant and "something must be in the water! because after you announced your pregnancy three other people I know have also announced they are expecting!" and I sat there thinking "not in the water I'm drinking, clearly :cry:" I've had to archive the family WhatsApp group because it feels like a punch to the gut every time a message comes through. I totally get that they are all excited and in their happy bubble, and I so desperately want to be in that bubble with them. I am trying so hard and I've scheduled a counselling session with the IVF clinic in the hope that I can turn these negative emotions into positive emotions and start to feel happy for them, whilst also coming to terms with the fact I will likely never have a child with my own eggs.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, I needed to vent.

• Heart
  • Sad

Onlylittleme

Chatty Member
I had my ovulation blood test at the end of Jan and was told my numbers were in the 60s which apparently anything over 30 or 35 is fine.
I am waiting on a Hycosy test to come through.
close family member announced her pregnancy yesterday. Which was rough. I feel like everywhere Ilook there’s pregnant people
I found that, all my friends had announcements close together. Then their second and third kids came. I found comfort in having met friends through infertility groups, which helped as they understood and were in the same position. Now they've actually all got their miracles and I'm the last of that group of friends now too 🥺

• Heart

Nosey1895

VIP Member
38 and trying for 2 years. Feeling so alone. We’ve been tested- just waiting for appointment and to lose weight x

• Heart