IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
tw miscarriage

i'm at the iui stage and got pregnant after my third iui. i lost it eight days ago (medically. it had stopped growing before that so i had to take pills to shed the sac and other gross things). worst experience of my life. took over 60 hours. i'm gonna go back, do more. just need to buy more straws. happy i found this thread. wishing everyone the best ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I totally loose my appetite during stimulation! Chicken made me feel physically sick last time and the nurses kept telling me to up my bloody protein. I definitely didn’t go off tea though it’s all I wanted and knowing I couldn’t have too much made me want it even more 🥲
It’s awful isn’t it, everything tastes off! I got told to up my protein intake too and I’m really struggling with it! Protein bars are my friend right now haha.
I’ve been on decaf tea since just before I started my treatment because I knew it meant I could drink more than the recommended amount but that’s no use now it tastes horrible again 😂
---
tw miscarriage

i'm at the iui stage and got pregnant after my third iui. i lost it eight days ago (medically. it had stopped growing before that so i had to take pills to shed the sac and other gross things). worst experience of my life. took over 60 hours. i'm gonna go back, do more. just need to buy more straws. happy i found this thread. wishing everyone the best ❤
I’m so sorry to hear this, sending you lots of love!
This is a nice place to be for all types of support, whether you need to rant and cry or have positive news ❤
Sending lots of baby dust your way! ✨

I have a potentially very dense question….. Clomid stimulates the follicles to produce more eggs, and from what I gather we are all born with all of our eggs already there, so if I have a low egg reserve already, would Clomid not just make me lose them faster? Could someone ELI5 this for me please?

I have a potentially very dense question….. Clomid stimulates the follicles to produce more eggs, and from what I gather we are all born with all of our eggs already there, so if I have a low egg reserve already, would Clomid not just make me lose them faster? Could someone ELI5 this for me please?
It doesn’t produce eggs, it matures them so they release from the ovaries

It doesn’t produce eggs, it matures them so they release from the ovaries
Quibbling on terminology aside as I said there’s a finite number of eggs, so would maturing multiples per cycle not deplete the reserves faster?

Quibbling on terminology aside as I said there’s a finite number of eggs, so would maturing multiples per cycle not deplete the reserves faster?
In short no, assuming you are taking clomid because you are not ovulating anyway? Your dosage should be just enough that follicles will mature but you only ovulate one egg, like in a natural cycle. It can happen that there’s 2 or more eggs but if the dosage is right and you’re not ovulating on your own chances are only one egg will be released. Which is what I meant by matures doesn’t produce. Hope that makes sense.

In short no, assuming you are taking clomid because you are not ovulating anyway? Your dosage should be just enough that follicles will mature but you only ovulate one egg, like in a natural cycle. It can happen that there’s 2 or more eggs but if the dosage is right and you’re not ovulating on your own chances are only one egg will be released. Which is what I meant by matures doesn’t produce. Hope that makes sense.
I’d meant produce as in present, not create, should have chosen my wording better. I’d heard there’s a greater risk of a multiples pregnancy with Clomid, I’m not on it but fertility appointment is pending and I’m trying to figure out the options in advance, my progesterone is low and I’m not ovulating every month, but I can’t use progesterone as I’m hyperthyroid already, so Clomid could be an option but I didn’t want to risk losing more eggs than necessary

So I had my embryo transfer today! What a rollercoaster of emotions! 🫣 here’s to the two week wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I had my embryo transfer today! What a rollercoaster of emotions! 🫣 here’s to the two week wait!
So it was an 11 day wait rather than 14 days.. I’m over the moon 🥰
IMG_2665.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am testing for ovulation before embryo transfer and to me it looks like my surge was yesterday 21/10 but it says the result was still low at 0.51.. can this still be considered the peak? This test strip changed to 0.98 and was showing as high this morning (I know it shouldn’t be read after 10 mins, however none of the other tests have changed from the initial result!)

it needs to be exact and go in 6 days later after peak for embryo transfer… praying this was the peak as if it’s tomorrow on Monday we will be delayed another month as they don’t open on Sundays!! Really frustrating
IMG_5791.png

I am testing for ovulation before embryo transfer and to me it looks like my surge was yesterday 21/10 but it says the result was still low at 0.51.. can this still be considered the peak? This test strip changed to 0.98 and was showing as high this morning (I know it shouldn’t be read after 10 mins, however none of the other tests have changed from the initial result!)

it needs to be exact and go in 6 days later after peak for embryo transfer… praying this was the peak as if it’s tomorrow on Monday we will be delayed another month as they don’t open on Sundays!! Really frustratingView attachment 2524605
Yes I’d agree with you going by that the peak was 11.16pm last night, I’ve found the recent premom batches haven’t got as dark as previous batches but it was still considered my peak. Mine got to 0.6 ish when it used to be 1.6, however looking at them they looked nearly as dark as test line. I was in your situation last month and my bloods confirmed it was all correct and embryo transfer was 5 days later.

That’s frustrating your clinic isn’t open weekends. What do they do, do they not take bloods to confirm before transfer? I actually use premom as well as the Clearblue digital so I don’t miss it, I know they’re expensive but I don’t mind for natural FET reasons as wanted to get it right.

transfer? I actually use premom as well as the Clearblue digital so I don’t miss it, I know they’re expensive but I don’t mind for natural FET reasons as wanted to get it right.
This is what I do. I always get the clear blue when it’s on offer in boots I think it’s £28 at the moment. If you’ve got the new iPhone the premom app works terribly as well the camera doesn’t pick up the tests properly.

@Pingping do your clinic not even have an out of hours contact?
---
Ignore me I thought you were saying you need to notify them you had the peak but I get what you mean if your peaks tomorrow the transfer will fall on the weekend x

Last edited:
This is what I do. I always get the clear blue when it’s on offer in boots I think it’s £28 at the moment. If you’ve got the new iPhone the premom app works terribly as well the camera doesn’t pick up the tests properly.

Ah that’s possibly what’s happened, didn’t give me much confidence last month but my clinic take bloods the morning after/of your surge so it was confirmed anyway. The CB digital is sometimes on offer on Amazon too.

View attachment 2524605
Yes I’d agree with you going by that the peak was 11.16pm last night, I’ve found the recent premom batches haven’t got as dark as previous batches but it was still considered my peak. Mine got to 0.6 ish when it used to be 1.6, however looking at them they looked nearly as dark as test line. I was in your situation last month and my bloods confirmed it was all correct and embryo transfer was 5 days later.

That’s frustrating your clinic isn’t open weekends. What do they do, do they not take bloods to confirm before transfer? I actually use premom as well as the Clearblue digital so I don’t miss it, I know they’re expensive but I don’t mind for natural FET reasons as wanted to get it right.
I’ve had clearer results now, so transfer can happen on Saturday!😄
No they haven’t advised that I need to have a blood test to check, I did that last month to check progesterone levels and then going ahead this month without one. The clinic is an hour and half away so that may be why they didn’t do one this month… I was also told not to buy any digital trackers just the strips… and to only test once a day.. which if I did would have missed peak yesterday!

I don’t have the best confidence in the clinic tbh as they have messed us around and delayed us a lot, my brother and his wife used them and were successful that’s why I opted to go there! One good thing they have done is managed to get us another funded round due to exceptional circumstances!

it’s just worrying when you read other peoples stories.. also you went in 5 days after peak, but I’m going in 6 days later… which one is right?!! Ahhh

Attachments

View attachment 2524605

No they haven’t advised that I need to have a blood test to check, I did that last month to check progesterone levels and then going ahead this month without one. The clinic is an hour and half away so that may be why they didn’t do one this month… I was also told not to buy any digital trackers just the strips… and to only test once a day.. which if I did would have missed peak yesterday!

I don’t have the best confidence in the clinic tbh as they have messed us around and delayed us a lot, my brother and his wife used them and were successful that’s why I opted to go there! One good thing they have done is managed to get us another funded round due to exceptional circumstances!

it’s just worrying when you read other peoples stories.. also you went in 5 days after peak, but I’m going in 6 days later… which one is right?!! Ahhh
What day was your embryo frozen on? My clinic is 7 days after peak or trigger shot for a 5 day embryo.

And no, they don’t open Sundays… even for embryo transfers that you have been waiting for since July… and has been delayed by themselves due to errors 🥴
---
What day was your embryo frozen on? My clinic is 7 days after peak or trigger shot for a 5 day embryo.
Mine was frozen in July! As I had OHSS, they wouldn’t do a fresh transfer. Was supposed to be one month later but ended up being 3 because they forgot to send blood forms to my doctor and they couldn’t sort it out on time 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
---
They are 5 day embryos!

Last edited:
And no, they don’t open Sundays… even for embryo transfers that you have been waiting for since July… and has been delayed by themselves due to errors 🥴
---

Mine was frozen in July! As I had OHSS, they wouldn’t do a fresh transfer. Was supposed to be one month later but ended up being 3 because they forgot to send blood forms to my doctor and they couldn’t sort it out on time 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
---
They are 5 day embryos!
I haven’t had anything transfered since my last collection in July either had one FET cancelled then I was going on holiday where the next one would fall.

6 and 7 days after lh surge is normal for 5 day embryo because you ovulate 24-36 hours after surge, it needs to go in after you’ve ovulated plus the 5 days of the embryo.

View attachment 2524605

Ah I’m glad it’s all booked anyway. You’ll be fine if it’s scheduled 5 days from peak. As @Its_Me says transfer can be on days 6-7 too. I was worried about it last month too as I’d had a successful natural FET before and it was 6 days. Last month it was 5 days, both day 5 embryos, same grade. I queried it with the doctor and the embryologist called me back - it’s actually a 48 hour window for implantation, maybe longer they can’t say for sure but they said they do embryo transfers anytime 5-7 days after your peak. Your endometrium is receptive for a few days, not a few hours which is what I initially thought.

I was also told to only test once a day and before 8am, but I did it twice or I’d have missed it too and just as well I did. Premom tells you to test after 10am too so I just did what I knew was right in my gut. My clinic always check bloods after your peak though (LH, ostrogen and progesterone) to confirm you’re about to ovulate right enough. For my first FET by the bloods they could tell I was going to ovulate the next day so that’s why it was 6 days until transfer, last month it was looking to ovulate that day so transfer was 5 days. They just like to pinpoint it more but it would still be ok if they schedule you 5 days from peak.

Reactions: 1