Itsdaniellesjourney #3 27 stories without a blink; playing up to us when she’s had a drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not going to say much about it but here’s the plot number etc, I’m sure someone could figure out where she’s moving to now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's not particularly hard to find the only new development in Stanley , Wakefield , she's basically given out her new address ...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Each to their own, but I don’t understand why anyone who isn’t a FTB would buy a new build. Cramped estates, poorly built, social housing, more often than both overlooked, all look the same so no individuality/character, usually have smaller bedrooms, can be difficult to sell on due to everything I’ve just listed. I’m struggling to see the pros unless you’re a FTB, you need to use a scheme and therefore have no choice but to have a newbuild.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Each to their own, but I don’t understand why anyone who isn’t a FTB would buy a new build. Cramped estates, poorly built, social housing, more often than both overlooked, all look the same so no individuality/character, usually have smaller bedrooms, can be difficult to sell on due to everything I’ve just listed. I’m struggling to see the pros unless you’re a FTB, you need to use a scheme and therefore have no choice but to have a newbuild.
Couldn't agree more! No disrespect to anyone who has one but they always seem so samey and soulless. My friend bought one and it was riddled with problems, it cost them 10's of thousands of pounds to fix and then they couldn't sell it, really out me off.

Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree more! No disrespect to anyone who has one but they always seem so samey and soulless. My friend bought one and it was riddled with problems, it cost them 10's of thousands of pounds to fix and then they couldn't sell it, really out me off.
I’ve never got it either. They are just tiny white boxes all crammed in with no individuality. My friend is selling hers she bought 3 and half years ago (has improved it) for £10,000 less than they paid 😳

Reactions: 5
Tbf looks like a nice estate . Not sure if they have social housing on this one, usually (I’m far from an expert) developers can pay a certain amount of money to the council to not have to add social housing to developments.

if she didn’t want anyone to know and keep it quiet she shouldn’t put so much info up on insta.I think she wants people to know how much she’s paying for the new place. It does look lovely. But we bought a new build and it was the worst thing we ever did , never again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
@iShihTzunot theres literally a new town being built in Stanley. Thousands of houses, schools, doctors, supermarkets, restaurants and pubs coming over the next few years so I doubt you’re going to find her new address 🤣

Tbf looks like a nice estate . Not sure if they have social housing on this one, usually (I’m far from an expert) developers can pay a certain amount of money to the council to not have to add social housing to developments.

if she didn’t want anyone to know and keep it quiet she shouldn’t put so much info up on insta.I think she wants people to know how much she’s paying for the new place. It does look lovely. But we bought a new build and it was the worst thing we ever did , never again.
I think I need to live up north for that price 😳 wow!

Reactions: 1
I think I need to live up north for that price 😳 wow!
Funny I was just thinking how expensive it is! Quite a step up from the one they’re in now. Crazy how house prices differ even between Barnsley and Wakefield because the same house wouldn’t be that much round here.

Reactions: 4
Funny I was just thinking how expensive it is! Quite a step up from the one they’re in now. Crazy how house prices differ even between Barnsley and Wakefield because the same house wouldn’t be that much round here.
True, down in Essex that would be 500k+ her house she has now would be around 300k+

New build estates seem to be away from everything too. I was looking at one just outside my city but the transport links were poor, no local shops and just one chain pub. I decided to stay in the suburbs 10 minutes drive from the city in a 1930s built estate, lovely and quiet but not isolated, plus a good solid house in which I own the land also (alot of these new builds are leasehold with increasing ground rent and rules on what you can and can't do outside )

Also imagine viewing Danielle's house and seeing that green wall! This seems impulsive buying as they have just finished kitting out and decorating haven't they?

Reactions: 2
Agree would be £200-250k in Barnsley I reckon - depending on which area

Reactions: 1

I’ve never got it either. They are just tiny white boxes all crammed in with no individuality. My friend is selling hers she bought 3 and half years ago (has improved it) for £10,000 less than they paid 😳
I wonder if it’s Instagram and the growth of home accounts primarily being a lot of new builds and people like Danielle wanting to jump on a bandwagon. I understand the lure of the show home they are beautiful but that’s kind of the point. Most remove the doors so that the rooms appear bigger than what they are as well. You’d think though, especially Danielle working in mortgages and housing would understand that the cons outweight the pros. Unless you have no choice, I’d stay well away from a new build.

Also, I was informed by my friend who purchased a new build that it’s a requirement to have social housing where there are 15 or more dwellings. That’s what the developers told her. No shade, but not for me.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.