Its Em #13 I am an Christmas Robin, with a huge noggin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The footage of her doing that ‘20 minute workout’. Mouth wide open, pedaling at 2mph, guzzling water , friction on her foof. Dear me

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thread suggestion
It's Em #14: I am an Spring, I'm riding my Peloton. My ladybits sting, I must buy a bigger thong.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Pahahahahahahaha omg…. Literally no words!!!!!!!!

So much to unpack here. The shoes will end up being an excuse, too fiddly. Why oh why not just go for the normal basket pedal option? In the 10 YEARS I have regularly been attending spin classes it has never once occurred to me to buy the clip-on shoe things.

Reactions: 8
The amount of exercise she would need to do to even lose a few pounds is a LOT if she doesn't change what she eats. Diet is where her issue clearly is, and where the big changes can happen, but she won't have the will power to do it. She could lose weight quickly by being in a deficit but she just doesn't understand. It's so frustrating!

Reactions: 10
It would be great if she actually stuck at the peloton but as with everything else I doubt she’ll stick at it longer than a few weeks. I can’t see Chris using it ever, he doesn’t seem bothered about his health.

Reactions: 11
I am seriously concerned about Chris using it. I hope he has someone on hand to phone for the ambulance and a defibrillator (just in case)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The package they got looks to be £1835 🫨 I refuse to believe they have spent this much! Even split 3 ways that is more than a budget gym membership for the year. As others have said, why not start with some walking and diet changes… madness

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So much to unpack here. The shoes will end up being an excuse, too fiddly. Why oh why not just go for the normal basket pedal option? In the 10 YEARS I have regularly been attending spin classes it has never once occurred to me to buy the clip-on shoe things.
The shoes with cleats are miles better than the toe cages. You find you pull up as much as you push down with cleats. It makes a big difference especially pedalling at 100+ resistance.

Emma if you’re reading, persist with the Peloton shoes you’ll get used to them. And don’t bother with the seat cover, after 10 rides it won’t hurt any more. Live classes are under ‘schedule’, all the classes you were looking at and the sessions were on demand, not live. Start with the You Can Ride program.

• Heart
I doubt her mum will even get a chance to use it, the machine is Big Em's new toy. At least her mum gets a break from being Big Em's care and support worker at the gym.

Full of excuses about the gym! She's clearly been reading here and see's the comments we make about her size and health. I hope she sticks with it, but given Em's past history, everything is s novelty to her. It's kinda ridiculous they've spent so much money on this! She will be healthier if she just makes some changes to her diet, moves a bit more and explores her emotional relationship with food. Can't help but think it'll all be a fad for her.

Reactions: 12
Full of excuses about the gym! She's clearly been reading here and see's the comments we make about her size and health. I hope she sticks with it, but given Em's past history, everything is s novelty to her. It's kinda ridiculous they've spent so much money on this! She will be healthier if she just makes some changes to her diet, moves a bit more and explores her emotional relationship with food. Can't help but think it'll all be a fad for her.
It will become a clothes horse.
I wonder if she’s thought if I spend loads of money I’ll stick at it?
I’d kill for a peloton I’m actually jealous 🙈

She’s clearly wanting to lose weight and that’s fair enough but she has no willpower at all.
She would easily qualify for weight loss help on the nhs including guidance so I don’t know why she hasn’t explored all options

The amount of exercise she would need to do to even lose a few pounds is a LOT if she doesn't change what she eats. Diet is where her issue clearly is, and where the big changes can happen, but she won't have the will power to do it. She could lose weight quickly by being in a deficit but she just doesn't understand. It's so frustrating!
.......the way she piled philadelphia cheese into those huge chicken breasts tells me that her diet isn't going to change any time soon. She needs discipline like weightwatchers

At least it’s a start for her and Chris, hopefully they will use it and start to see the results in a few weeks/months…but if true to form it won’t be used for long.

I don’t think spending that amount of money on it will motivate them once they get bored with it, they can easily afford it.

Their food calorie intake needs to be managed a lot better, they both should log what they eat in a day.

I really hope they keep it up, I really want them to prove us wrong about giving up after a certain amount of time.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.