It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This exactly with the friend.

He's dying and if not now, when?

With the mother, I think he was fully aware and just trying to make her understand that his way of life is okay, just because he's gay he isn't "wrong" and that he's had lots of fun and lived a good life without any regrets. So that she understands that he's fine with it all, that he wasn't wrong ("debauchery") and that there are no "what ifs" and to not blame others (his friends, Jill) for his own choices in life. I'm not explaining this well I feel, hope you get what and how I mean it.
I agree that he was finally challenging his mother. Context to that scene was that she clearly lived under a weight of shame and stigma and had passed that on to Ritchie, who had a quite a bit of internalised homophobia shown throughout the series (eg when he sort-of-defended section 28). He finally rejected that just before he died.
The scene with the friend didn't quite work for me, though, although it was extremely well acted.

Reactions: 5
Wonderful series
I’ll be watching it again at some point, but for now I’m not ready just yet 😭😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That’s exactly how I felt 😢 wow it really got me. My oh got a bit tiery eyed at the last episode and he is real typical blokes bloke. I wish there could be more series of this to look forward to 😭.

Reactions: 4
The last episode was just on Gogglebox and has set me off all over again. It would completely ruin it though for people who haven’t watched!

Reactions: 10
There was a huge amount of panic and the TV continually played this awful advert and sent out leaflets to every household.
There was a huge amount of stigma attached in those days.

I remember that scary ad from when I was a kid. I think it was from 1987. There was alot of stigma, but I guess people were scared of it, and didnt understand it then. It's horrible that people were just left to cope though, and the British and American governments pretty much ignored it for a few years, because it was mostly gay men getting it.

Reactions: 2
Maybe they will make a follow up now they know how successful it is. I really really hope they do.

Reactions: 7
Russel T Davis gave an interview that he originally wanted to make 8 episodes and 1 included a time jump to today to see how the characters were doing. Jill was to visit Richies mum to explore sexual abuse in the family. I would have loved to see his idea to have been fulfilled.

Reactions: 10
Maybe they will make a follow up now they know how successful it is. I really really hope they do.
Russel T Davis gave an interview that he originally wanted to make 8 episodes and 1 included a time jump to today to see how the characters were doing. Jill was to visit Richies mum to explore sexual abuse in the family. I would have loved to see his idea to have been fulfilled.
They could make those missing episodes.
Each one named after a character. Like "Gloria" "Colin" "Richie" where we see the aftermath of each of their deaths and the effect it had on the remaining characters.
And then a bonus episode which is a flash forward to the current day.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Each one named after a character. Like "Gloria" "Colin" "Richie" where we see the aftermath of each of their deaths and the effect it had on the remaining characters.
I'd love if they did that now it's been so successful. Brilliant series.

Until he became (in her words) a total fuckwit!

It was one of the best series ever (aside from the reunion which was mortifying).
I recently rewatched the reunion on Britbox. They should have left it after series 2, was a damp squib.

Reactions: 1
I’ve started to rewatch it and I’m just loving and feeling completely heartbroken for them all over again.

I’m so nosey about the deleted episodes where Jill, when older, would go back regarding the abuse?! I wonder who was abusing who.

but i was sad to hear how if those episodes would have stayed Roscoe would then become Hi positive later on in life, although the way things would be now things would be different but still.

That would be amazing,
How did Collins funeral go?
Did they do something for Richie?
So many questions.
It would be interesting to see their life’s before they went to London, and started their new life.

Reactions: 7
Finally got round to watching this the past two nights. I had a vague idea of what was going to happen having seen clips on Gogglebox etc but still felt like a gut punch at the end and made me cry.

I honestly love your idea so much. Email that to somebody pronto! 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Such a heartbreaking series! I’ve got one episode left I’ll need the tissues ready.

Reactions: 1
From what RTD says in his latest articles, I don't think there will be any more. It was a one off and that was it. I suppose that's what makes a good drama, it leaves us wanting more.

Reactions: 11
Ah I wish there could be more...it is just too bloody good!! I wish it could have been a series but then it wouldn’t have been the same would it?