It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me wonder

If HIV/AIDs affected everyone like it did Covid how different things would be

Reactions: 3
It’s a sin....wow completely brilliant! I’ve watched it twice now and will no doubt watch it again. It’s just so, soooo good. Best thing I’ve seen on tv in such a long time. Olly is such a good actor too!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That explanation did cross my mind initally but now I wonder if his sister forced her parents to burn everything? The sister looked ruthless and emotionless as Gregory's stuff was being burnt on the bonfire, whereas his parents (particularly his dick-of-a-dad) looked genuinely devastated 🤷‍♀️ .
I don't think there's anything to suggest it was all the sister's doing. The dad was hardly a shrinking violet and clearly the dominating force. He was definitely devastated but I think he probably thought it was the right thing to do due to the shame/stigma.

Reactions: 9
So happy there's a thread for this show! One of the best TV shows I've watched (would also recommend Pose which is similar from an American perspective). I really sobbed at the end. Actually felt cathartic after the tit 12 months we've all had although it pales in comparison to what those wonderful men went through.

Reactions: 4
So happy there's a thread for this show! One of the best TV shows I've watched (would also recommend Pose which is similar from an American perspective). I really sobbed at the end. Actually felt cathartic after the tit 12 months we've all had although it pales in comparison to what those wonderful men went through.
Same here! Great writing, brilliant acting. Left me laughing and crying, and in desperate need for more!

Reactions: 6
Bit late but I’ve binged up to episode 4 tonight, I’m already dreading watching the ending tomorrow as I know what is coming 😭 What a fantastic show, I can’t stop thinking about it! Really had no idea how horrendous things were for the LGBTQ community within my own lifetime! Thank god attitudes have changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve just finished my second re-watch and I’m sobbing again at episode 5 😭 It’s just all so tragic. It’s like Romeo and Juliet- every time I watch that, a bit of me hopes it will turn out differently.

Can I ask a silly question, and apologies if it’s been asked before. I’ve just watched for the second time and I was wondering about the scene in the beach with the school friend. Was the way Richie behaved in this scene a product of his illness or was it just him being desperate to engage with the friend? (Sorry not the best terminology) He was being overly graphic with the friend and although he’d been like this with is friends it just seemed a bit extreme. Similarly in E5 when he’s telling his mum what fun he had, was that oversharing due to his illness? You know like Colin in E3. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Can I ask a silly question, and apologies if it’s been asked before. I’ve just watched for the second time and I was wondering about the scene in the beach with the school friend. Was the way Richie behaved in this scene a product of his illness or was it just him being desperate to engage with the friend? (Sorry not the best terminology) He was being overly graphic with the friend and although he’d been like this with is friends it just seemed a bit extreme. Similarly in E5 when he’s telling his mum what fun he had, was that oversharing due to his illness? You know like Colin in E3. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I took the scene on the beach as him now just being really confident with who he is, and thinking “duck it I’m gonna die anyway”. I really thought they were going to allude to his friend actually being closeted gay but unlike Ritchie he never left home so could never be who he really was... but that wasn’t the case.
The scene with his mum I wasn’t sure, there wasn’t ever mention of him having the same sort of symptoms as Colin but he may he had some sort of delirium near the end I suppose. The ending still makes me angry when I think about it!

Reactions: 11
I took the scene on the beach as him now just being really confident with who he is, and thinking “duck it I’m gonna die anyway”. I really thought they were going to allude to his friend actually being closeted gay but unlike Ritchie he never left home so could never be who he really was... but that wasn’t the case.
The scene with his mum I wasn’t sure, there wasn’t ever mention of him having the same sort of symptoms as Colin but he may he had some sort of delirium near the end I suppose. The ending still makes me angry when I think about it!
This exactly with the friend.

He's dying and if not now, when?

With the mother, I think he was fully aware and just trying to make her understand that his way of life is okay, just because he's gay he isn't "wrong" and that he's had lots of fun and lived a good life without any regrets. So that she understands that he's fine with it all, that he wasn't wrong ("debauchery") and that there are no "what ifs" and to not blame others (his friends, Jill) for his own choices in life. I'm not explaining this well I feel, hope you get what and how I mean it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This exactly with the friend.

He's dying and if not now, when?

With the mother, I think he was fully aware and just trying to make her understand that his way of life is okay, just because he's gay he isn't "wrong" and that he's had lots of fun and lived a good life without any regrets. So that she understands that he's fine with it all, that he wasn't wrong ("debauchery") and that there are no "what ifs" and to not blame others (his friends, Jill) for his own choices in life. I'm not explaining this well I feel, hope you get what and how I mean it.
Thank you both, my daughter who’s 16 is also watching it on my recommendation and I just wanted to check my understanding in case she asks, although honestly, she’ll probably get it! She’s much sharper than me!

Just want to thank/blame you all for inspiring me to watch Cucumber on All4. Such a change of pace to Its a Sin but still absolutely brilliant and shocked me in different ways. Just goes to show that RTD is a bloody genius.

Reactions: 8
Just want to thank/blame you all for inspiring me to watch Cucumber on All4. Such a change of pace to Its a Sin but still absolutely brilliant and shocked me in different ways. Just goes to show that RTD is a bloody genius.
Just finished Cucumber myself after I saw it recommended on this thread. Thought it was great.

Reactions: 3