It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god Violet Moon. Brace yourself with Cucumber. One of the episodes is HARROWING. I was shaken for days.

Years & Years is also fantastic by RTD.

Reactions: 5
I've just binged it and both me and Mr P were in bits. Amazing, funny, harrowing. I just loved it and by the end was crying real snotty tears.

I was so upset by the fact people just couldnt be who they wanted to be and were abandoned and forgotten when they really needed care and love. The scene where Jill took the man's hand in the hospital and he just looked at her 😭😭. I remember AIDS being scary and frightening and the hoo ha about how you might catch it. So much ignorance.

Reactions: 11
Have you all watched Cucumber and Queer as Folk? Both were fantastic but Cucumber was amazing. I still think about it now.

I did my last essay in the fifth year at school on HIV and AIDS (1986). Although it was terrifying, maybe it was worse in bigger cities because it didn't affect many of us in Cumbria, probably because there wasn't a huge gay community (or if there was, it was all closeted). For years, in Carlisle, there were two openly gay blokes and they were both hairdressers. Thankfully, it's not as bad here now, but my gay friends feels more comfortable going out in Newcastle than here.

John Hurt narrated the adverts - Don't Die of Ignorance.
I have and Cucumber was amazing, it made me gasp in places and stayed with me for ages after. Is it still available to watch anywhere? I can’t remember if I watched Banana that was part of the series. I remember watching Queer as Folk the first time and thinking it was so risqué then rewatching it a few years ago. I’m sure I have the dvd. I’m only a couple of episodes in to Its a Sin and love it but also don’t want to watch on as can feel the sadness 🥺

Reactions: 2
I have and Cucumber was amazing, it made me gasp in places and stayed with me for ages after. Is it still available to watch anywhere? I can’t remember if I watched Banana that was part of the series. I remember watching Queer as Folk the first time and thinking it was so risqué then rewatching it a few years ago. I’m sure I have the dvd. I’m only a couple of episodes in to Its a Sin and love it but also don’t want to watch on as can feel the sadness 🥺
It’s on All4, I’ve just started it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone watched the after hours on YouTube? I’ve seen the first episode.
I watched last night after seeing them all n I watched it with different eyes and did cry till the end credits n the song 😭😭

Has anyone watched the after hours on YouTube? I’ve seen the first episode.
I watched last night after seeing them all n I watched it with different eyes and did cry till the end credits n the song 😭😭
That should say I didn’t cry till the end credits and the song.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Started watching this on Thursday, just finished the last episode this morning, just wow. I was born in the early 1990s so this was hugely eye-opening for me. Gloria’s story probably affected me the most, just that scene of the bonfire, like your whole life being erased, like you never existed. And Episode 3.

What's everyone watched since? I'm finding it really hard to get into anything else, watch about 15 minutes of something but can't get into it! It was so good, everything else seems rubbish!
It’s a totally different theme, but not sure if you’ve seen When They See Us? About the Central Park 5. Just as powerful in terms of making you angry and sad about the injustice of the world - more essential viewing in my opinion.

WOW! I watched it yesterday, expecting to watch maybe 1 or 2 episodes, but like many of you, I binged watched it all in one night. I needed to finish the story!

it was incredible. I haven’t watched a series which has sucked me in like this for a long time. I can’t stop thinking about it. Everything about it, I loved.

the story, the characters, the friendship, the music, the acting.. 10/10! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 7
What's everyone watched since? I'm finding it really hard to get into anything else, watch about 15 minutes of something but can't get into it! It was so good, everything else seems rubbish!
I’ve been watching Pose on Netflix. Really enjoying it so far. A lot of heart in it and comedy.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been watching Pose on Netflix. Really enjoying it so far. A lot of heart in it and comedy.
Yes I've seen that its great! Based on a documentary Paris is Burning, you can find it on YouTube.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m watching bohemian rhapsody, and the part where Freddie is in the hospital got me, walking pass a young boy...never noticed it before (watched so many times) never put 2 n 2 together.

Callum who plays Collin was on radio 2 today and he sounds so lovely and is blown away by the love for Collin .

Last edited:
Oh god Violet Moon. Brace yourself with Cucumber. One of the episodes is HARROWING. I was shaken for days.

Years & Years is also fantastic by RTD.
Thinking of watching Cucumber. Not sure if I'm prepared for a high level of harrowing, though 😆

I’m watching bohemian rhapsody, and the part where Freddie is in the hospital got me, walking pass a young boy...never noticed it before (watched so many times) never put 2 n 2 together.

Callum who plays Collin was on radio 2 today and he sounds so lovely and is blown away by the love for Collin .
Aw, he should be really proud of himself. I've not felt such strong emotion for a TV character in a long while.

I think it’s great that even though Richie (olly) was obviously the main character. It’s Colin that stuck with most people. It shows you don’t have to be the life and soul of the party to be a good person and people to love you. Although I did love them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think it’s great that even though Richie (olly) was obviously the main character. It’s Colin that stuck with most people. It shows you don’t have to be the life and soul of the party to be a good person and people to love you. Although I did love them all.
Spot on, Collin was sweet the minute you meet him. A young man going out of his comfort zone. I can relate to him, shy, laidback, just got on with it. The excitement of gettin the keys to the shop, I remember being allowed to open the shop I worked in and knowin the key code lol he loved the simple things in life. He was so Young and just wanted him mum.

On radio 2 vernon Kay mentioned his brown coat ( he commented on a pic) and that they will go out for drinks dressed as Collin lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I've just binged it and both me and Mr P were in bits. Amazing, funny, harrowing. I just loved it and by the end was crying real snotty tears.

I was so upset by the fact people just couldnt be who they wanted to be and were abandoned and forgotten when they really needed care and love. The scene where Jill took the man's hand in the hospital and he just looked at her 😭😭. I remember AIDS being scary and frightening and the hoo ha about how you might catch it. So much ignorance.
This reminds me of 120 bpm, they showed it on one of the Sky channels a couple of times.
Honestly might give it a watch, always enjoy a bit of a good cry

Ahhh I was just about to say that about Colin on radio 2 this afternoon, he was soooo cute! So polite and genuine, I was smiling listening 😂

It's past 1am and I just binge-watched the final 3 episodes and am in bits. My thoughts:

- The scene in the car where his old schoolfriend said how Ritchie could do anything he wanted and had his whole career ahead of him was very upsetting
- Jill and Roscoe being in the Isle of Wight whilst Ritchie was still alive and being robbed of their reunion whilst he died alone in his bed
- COLIN!!!!! I found his final scenes very upsetting and disturbing. His mum was a lovely lady. I also enjoyed Colin's friendship with his work colleague at the start (can't remember his name but played by Neil Patrick Harris)
- We all need a friend like Jill. I was full-on ugly crying when she sat with that lonely man Marcus at the end and he looked so grateful for her company. I want to be more like Jill
- How understanding Ritchie's dad was by the end

Does anyone else think it's interesting they've released it now? There are so many covid deniers these days, just as there were many HIV deniers back then. I wonder if RTD is sending a message there.

Also, nice to see Heaven featuring a couple of times, I miss that place!! Loved going there with my gay friends back in my London days

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ahhh I was just about to say that about Colin on radio 2 this afternoon, he was soooo cute! So polite and genuine, I was smiling listening 😂
Yes I was smiling too and felt so proud of him...didn’t know he was on till I saw his Instagram stories. He was so
Happy to be talking to vernon and jordon.
I found a audition video of Callum for a Gary Barlow show on YouTube

It's past 1am and I just binge-watched the final 3 episodes and am in bits. My thoughts:

- The scene in the car where his old schoolfriend said how Ritchie could do anything he wanted and had his whole career ahead of him was very upsetting
- Jill and Roscoe being in the Isle of Wight whilst Ritchie was still alive and being robbed of their reunion whilst he died alone in his bed
- COLIN!!!!! I found his final scenes very upsetting and disturbing. His mum was a lovely lady. I also enjoyed Colin's friendship with his work colleague at the start (can't remember his name but played by Neil Patrick Harris)
- We all need a friend like Jill. I was full-on ugly crying when she sat with that lonely man Marcus at the end and he looked so grateful for her company. I want to be more like Jill

Does anyone else think it's interesting they've released it now? There are so many covid deniers these days, just as there were many HIV deniers back then. I wonder if RTD is sending a message there.

Also, nice to see Heaven featuring a couple of times, I miss that place!! Loved going there with my gay friends back in my London days
I was listening to a podcast interviewing RTD and he didn't like how the release was during a pandemic. It definitely wasn't intentional. He said it was written ages ago and sitting in a drawer until the right team was there to get it made.

Reactions: 3

i really thought the mum would’ve understanding and the dad angry at him. But I loved how they turned it round and the dad was lovely,

Reactions: 11