It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i really thought the mum would’ve understanding and the dad angry at him. But I loved how they turned it round and the dad was lovely,
Yes, a very good little twist in the characters. The dad always seemed a bit of an aggressor while the mum was mousy and fussy. You'd have fully expected him to be the one in denial, stomping around the hospital corridors and kicking off at staff, but it was very sad when the mum went into the lounge and the dad was just slumped there sobbing in the chair.

I know the mum was incredibly infuriating at the end, but I did get a rather large lump in my throat when she put the Little Mouse song on in Richie's room 😔

Reactions: 5
How many men would watch it if it was about lesbians? Just think about that...
Slightly off topic but this links in to childhood..........many studies have found that trying to increase literacy and reading in boys aged 8+, that they will not read a book if the main protagonist is a girl. Girls are less bothered by the gender of the lead character.

However back to its a sin - my heart will never recover from Colin. Opened my eyes massively to the symptoms and treatment.
I do remember a night of tv aimed at raising awareness. Think I was around 8/9 and it was late 80’s? I think Jonathan Ross was on it but this may be completely in my head!

La!

Reactions: 9
Colin was so sweet in his little brown coat 😭 I think I found his story the saddest, because he'd barely even started in life, he'd never even had a relationship or anything, like in the first episode, when his colleague asked if he wanted a boyfriend and he said yes, and he never got to have one 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 20
It's past 1am and I just binge-watched the final 3 episodes and am in bits. My thoughts:

- The scene in the car where his old schoolfriend said how Ritchie could do anything he wanted and had his whole career ahead of him was very upsetting
- Jill and Roscoe being in the Isle of Wight whilst Ritchie was still alive and being robbed of their reunion whilst he died alone in his bed
I found both of these scenarios so sad. When his mum just matter of factly said he had died, I wanted to punch her. I binge watched it again last night & was full on sobbing.

Reactions: 6
Colin was so sweet in his little brown coat 😭 I think I found his story the saddest, because he'd barely even started in life, he'd never even had a relationship or anything, like in the first episode, when his colleague asked if he wanted a boyfriend and he said yes, and he never got to have one 😪
This 100% Collin was the one everyone loved by the sound of. He was so young and you could tell how young he was when he was in hospital. All he wanted was to learn everything and be happy. His little brown coat ❤❤

Attachments

• 168.6 KB
  • 115.9 KB
    • Heart
    Reactions: 8
    This 100% Collin was the one everyone loved by the sound of. He was so young and you could tell how young he was when he was in hospital. All he wanted was to learn everything and be happy. His little brown coat ❤❤
    I think I heard the writer say the cast was basically all lgbtq too somewhere? Which was a nice touch

Reactions: 11
    I bet Russell T Davies has mixed feelings when he sees how much publicity and praise C4 are getting for making it when it took and age for it to get agreed, was cut and only got the green light as it was championed by one guy.

Or maybe that's how the industry works.

Reactions: 10
    Oh no you're setting me off 😭😊

He is, for sure, the character who is really resonating. I'm not a maternal person but just instinctively had this maternal/protective reaction to him.

Anyone who can rattle any maternal instincts in me is definitely a winner 😂

• Heart
    I think I heard the writer say the cast was basically all lgbtq too somewhere? Which was a nice touch
    Yeah that’s right, he didn’t want straight guys to play them.
    It’s like when you see disabled characters played by abled body you can tell, my husband is disabled and you can spot it a mile off lol

Oh no you're setting me off 😭😊

He is, for sure, the character who is really resonating. I'm not a maternal person but just instinctively had this maternal/protective reaction to him.

Anyone who can rattle any maternal instincts in me is definitely a winner 😂
    His little “short answers” ❤❤ I want a Collin in my life lol
    He was only a baby really

I finished this about a week ago and still haven't stopped thinking about it.

Will definitely watch it again at some point.

One of the best TV shows I've ever seen

• Heart
    Reactions: 5
    I finished this about a week ago and still haven't stopped thinking about it.

Will definitely watch it again at some point.

One of the best TV shows I've ever seen
    We watched it on 40d and there were Arnold Clark ads, I can't hear one of those now without feeling emotional 😆

• Haha
    Reactions: 4
    I felt so sad for Colin’s mum after she received the parcel of tit through the letterbox. That poor, poor woman. Her son was dying in hospital and she was being harassed by neighbours at a time when as a community they would’ve ordinarily pulled together to help her through something so terrible. She was such a lovely mother too, very accepting of her son and his friends. The stigma around sexuality and AIDS in general was so bad. I’m glad we are a less ignorant society today.

• Sad
    Reactions: 13
    I binge watched this on Tuesday and I’m still thinking about it now , was so good but so very very sad , those poor men dying alone , I think it’s a series that will stay with me for a long time .

I felt so sad for Colin’s mum after she received the parcel of tit through the letterbox. That poor, poor woman. Her son was dying in hospital and she was being harassed by neighbours at a time when as a community they would’ve ordinarily pulled together to help her through something so terrible. She was such a lovely mother too, very accepting of her son and his friends. The stigma around sexuality and AIDS in general was so bad. I’m glad we are a less ignorant society today.
    She was so lovely and I think that’s what made Collin story even sadder.
    Hearing who wants to live forever gets me! I went down a queen YouTube hole last night and seeing the difference in Freddie in the last few videos was very Richie ❤💔💔

• Heart
    Reactions: 7
    She was so lovely and I think that’s what made Collin story even sadder.
    Hearing who wants to live forever gets me! I went down a queen YouTube hole last night and seeing the difference in Freddie in the last few videos was very Richie ❤💔💔
    Even before It’s A Sin, I couldn’t listen to that song for welling up. I’m a big fan of Queen and Freddie, it always makes me sad to see how frail he had become towards the end. 😔

• Sad
    Even before It’s A Sin, I couldn’t listen to that song for welling up. I’m a big fan of Queen and Freddie, it always makes me sad to see how frail he had become towards the end. 😔
    I grew up listening to queen but wasn’t a huge fan till watchin bohemian rhapsody and then I was hooked. These are the days and the show must go on always get me. I remember hearin about Freddie’s death. I was only 10/11i think.

Reactions: 3
    I found both of these scenarios so sad. When his mum just matter of factly said he had died, I wanted to punch her. I binge watched it again last night & was full on sobbing.
    I immediately got goosebumps when she just threw out there that he had died. Like, the skin of my scalp actually prickled and my jaw dropped open!!

I was trying so hard to be understanding of his mum's behaviour during the hospital scene where she called Jill a witch. I thought a huge bombshell has been dropped on her, she didn't know her son was ill until it was too late so of course, she would take it out on Jill who is the closest to him but she really held onto that bitterness till the very end.

And to act like Jill was going to be fine, and come to the cafe with her and regale her with stories of Ritchie's life in London? Pathetic! I'm glad Jill gave her a piece of her mind!!

Reactions: 16
    I've just watched the entire series and thought it was brilliant, touching funny and so sad. Everything about it was done so well, lovely characters, great sets and the music was really well chosen.

We were all devastated when Colin died particularly but all the main characters were portrayed wonderfully.

Russell T Davies has surpassed himself with this series. I hope it wins many awards.

• Heart
    Reactions: 8
    I immediately got goosebumps when she just threw out there that he had died. Like, the skin of my scalp actually prickled and my jaw dropped open!!

I was trying so hard to be understanding of his mum's behaviour during the hospital scene where she called Jill a witch. I thought a huge bombshell has been dropped on her, she didn't know her son was ill until it was too late so of course, she would take it out on Jill who is the closest to him but she really held onto that bitterness till the very end.

And to act like Jill was going to be fine, and come to the cafe with her and regale her with stories of Ritchie's life in London? Pathetic! I'm glad Jill gave her a piece of her mind!!
    It really was so gut wrenching. He begged to see his friends & she denied him that...
    And I can't even think about poor Colin 😭

• Sad
    Reactions: 10