It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first opportunity Colin got to move out he did. Imagine that being your first sexual experience, awful. He was such a gentle soul. I imagine it scarred him as he never wanted to be involved with anyone again.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The first opportunity Colin got to move out he did. Imagine that being your first sexual experience, awful. He was such a gentle soul. I imagine it scarred him as he never wanted to be involved with anyone again.
I think so too... he was the loveliest person! His loveliness and the tragedy will haunt me!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought it was a masterpiece. So perfectly pitched and and well told.

Attitudes have changed but people are still so judgmental - I messaged a group of work colleagues about how good it was when someone asked for TV recommendations and got the reply 'think I'll give that one a miss thanks'.
Their loss. They are missing an absolute gem of a show. Probably my favorite of all time. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wasn’t Marcus one of the many men who Ritchie slept with back at his flat? I think there was a very brief scene and he’s like “bye then!” afterwards.
I didn't notice so can't say either way but the actor who plays Marcus, Richard Cant, is listed on IMDB as appearing in just episode 5. (Don't know how accurate IMDB is, though).

Reactions: 3
I’ve watched this twice now, Gloria’s episode haunted me, especially at the end, burning every last memory of him, even his baby photos. The relationship between Ritchie and his sister was interesting as well, was that her crying with his friends in the B and B at the very end?

Every episode devastated me, made me feel empty and a little bit lost. I could never ever treat someone badly like that. If anyone here ever needs a Jill, I will be your Jill. No judgements, just hugs and a whole lot of love.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve watched this twice now, Gloria’s episode haunted me, especially at the end, burning every last memory of him, even his baby photos. The relationship between Ritchie and his sister was interesting as well, was that her crying with his friends in the B and B at the very end?

Every episode devastated me, made me feel empty and a little bit lost. I could never ever treat someone badly like that. If anyone here ever needs a Jill, I will be your Jill. No judgements, just hugs and a whole lot of love.
Yeah it was the sister. I think it was highlighting how loveless their family home was and she was getting support and comfort from Ritchies friends. I may be wrong but that’s how I took it.

Reactions: 12
Yeah it was the sister. I think it was highlighting how loveless their family home was and she was getting support and comfort from Ritchies friends. I may be wrong but that’s how I took it.
Yes, that's how I saw it - and that she did love him in her own way. I was expecting the Mum to be shown to be physically abusing the Dad actually. Glad they didn't go down that road as it would have deflected attention from the core story. Shows how good a scriptwriter I would be!

I didn't notice so can't say either way but the actor who plays Marcus, Richard Cant, is listed on IMDB as appearing in just episode 5. (Don't know how accurate IMDB is, though).
It probably wasn’t him, it was a very fleeting scene. I’m rewatching again and just finished episode 3. Will never get over what happened to poor. Colin. 💔

Reactions: 4
Just read it was originally 8 episodes but cut down to 5. Would love to see it how it was originally meant to be

Reactions: 15
Just read it was originally 8 episodes but cut down to 5. Would love to see it how it was originally meant to be
RTD Is on homo sapian (spelling?) podcast in two parts. Says he could have written about it forever. I would have loved 8 parts. Just because I loved it so much.

• Heart
God this show, I can’t stop thinking about it.

I was born in 1982 so I can’t really remember too much about it but I do remember in primary school, kids would run around chasing other kids and if they caught them, they were given ‘Aids’ and had to pass it onto the next person they then caught. I don’t think any of them understood what AIDS was but it shows you how it trickled down to kids even as young as 6 or 7 at the time

It makes me sad that these men were living their lives in shame just because they were gay. And this wasn’t even a long time ago, this is modern history. My sister is a married gay woman who has been with her partner for nearly 20 years. The mental health struggles she has as a result of being horrifically bullied as a child and as an ADULT for being who she is are horrific. It’s scarred her for life and affects her every day and even now she gets funny looks if they walk down the street together or people whisper behind their backs. It’s shocking and heartbreaking.
Thinking about it realistically homosexuality was only legalised 13 years before this show is based. A lot of people's mindset would be it was 'dirty, illegal, forbidden' I was in high school ( so approx 13) when all the terrifying TV ads were on etc but you really didn't know how awful it was for those suffering. I have watched the show 'pose' as well & how they showed the hospital conditions for these poor men was horrific!!

RTD Is on homo sapian (spelling?) podcast in two parts. Says he could have written about it forever. I would have loved 8 parts. Just because I loved it so much.
Agree. Eight parts would have been great. I don't feel it would have dragged either. The five episodes moved at a very brisk pace and seemed to be over too quickly.

I’d love to know what else might have been included if they’d done it as 8 episodes!

Reactions: 2
Also love to see a current day series. Where we see how things changed. Maybe one of the group did get HIV but a lot later and are living a good life with modern day treatments. And see how they coped with loosing so many friends .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seeing the viewing figures made me so happy, the cast and crew must be so made up and rightly so ❤

Reactions: 10
We watched it all yesterday and I can’t stop thinking about it. It makes me so sad and angry that people were (and still are) treated like that. I think episode 3 was the worst episode for me. Colin’s story was so upsetting.

• Sad
Some men I've mentioned it to seem to recoil a bit but would then happily watch a show about a serial killer. I find it really odd.

Just watched it 😭I cant stop thinking of all those men dying alone and feeling ashamed 😭😭 heartbreaking

• Sad
Some men I've mentioned it to seem to recoil a bit but would then happily watch a show about a serial killer. I find it really odd.
It's also odd how thrillers, horror stuff and violence and killings are seen as en vogue in media (books, film, TV), but "chick lit" and rom coms are ridiculed and dramas about uncomfortable topics are avoided like the plague, but hey let's watch the latest gore fest and don't be a baby about it :rolleyes: Oh and action films are mega cool anyway... 🤦‍♀️