It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Binge watched four episodes yesterday, will watch the last two tonight. Love the cast and music. A very moving story, heartbreaking and heartwarming. Loved Olly Alexander in it. Colins story ( played by Callum Scott Howells) had me sobbing. Great TV , heart wrenching. Laughing and ugly crying in my house. La!

Reactions: 8
I really didn’t want to binge it but did the lot in one go last night until the early hours as it was so compelling. I’ve thought about it all day. RTD is just brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh my god! Episode 3 was possibly one of the most upsetting things I've ever watched. Completely destroyed 😭😭😭

Reactions: 11
I thought I had two to go but only one. I sobbed for most of it. The friendship they had was wonderful. It was a great piece of drama. I will re watch it again .

Reactions: 4
By far the best thing I’ve watched in a long time. Laughed, cried, every emotion possible! Superb writing and acting, really the highest standard. I couldn’t recommend it enough to anyone. Actually thin it should be compulsory viewing for everyone!

Reactions: 11
I haven’t cried so much at a tv show before!! Maybe because Everybody Hurts took me by surprise as it was played at my cousins funeral :(
Thoroughly enjoyed the tv show though... haven’t stopped thinking about the characters

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Such a good series. The Colin storyline was devastating and the acting was amazing. Glad it was funny and not just heavy drama all the time. Think I might rewatch as it was so good.

I was only born at the end of the 80s so too young to remember any of this, the only thing I vaguely remember hearing about HIV/AIDS was the Mark Fowler storyline in Eastenders. (just rewatched the clip behwen him and Peggy on YouTube... was really poignant and well-acted too). So shocking to see how much of a stigma there was at the time. I can sort of understand the whole extreme quarantine thing as nobody yet really knew if it was spread via touch or saliva etc, but the inhumanity of it all was really hard to see.

Reactions: 7
I loved the show but I probably won’t watch it again. My uncle died of HIV related illness the day after Freddie Mercury and while I never knew him (I was born in 92) its very upsetting to think of how he must have spent his last months of his life. My mam and her family were as supportive as an Irish catholic family could be in the 80’s/early 90’s.
It’s horrible the stigma they faced every day so while I absolutely loved the show I think it’s the first and last time I give it a go.

• Sad
This has to be one of the best things I've watched in a long time. The acting was superb, also everyone needs a Jill in their lives. Not sure if this was mentioned as I've not RTFT, the actor who played Ritchie's BF Donald is actually HIV positive IRL.

Did Richie say he was the one that gave it to his bf ? Confused me a wee bit that cos he noticed his back was covered in lesions after they had sex proper for the first time

Reactions: 4
Did Richie say he was the one that gave it to his bf ? Confused me a wee bit that cos he noticed his back was covered in lesions after they had sex proper for the first time
I think he was saying he could have done or even if he didn't he definitely gave it to other people afterwards so he was the same as him.

the moment Ritchie seen the lesions on donalds back... gave me shivers

Reactions: 23
Not sure if this was mentioned as I've not RTFT, the actor who played Ritchie's BF Donald is actually HIV positive IRL.
I read his story after you posted this here. He contracted HIV the very first time he had sex, aged sixteen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I read his story after you posted this here. He contracted HIV the very first time he had sex, aged sixteen.

Oh my goodness that poor boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I woke my baby up last night from blubbering so loudly after watching the last episode! 😥 I know Keeley Hawes isn’t a main character and we should be focusing our appreciation on the five main guys but she is such a brilliant actress.

Reactions: 12
Watching this at the moment, it's devastating yet funny and joyful at the same time. I didn't fully realise that some Aids patients really suffered from senility/dementia-like symptoms, Colin's story has really stayed with me - thinking about how hard it must have been for their loved ones. He was such a loveable character, too. And how authoritarian the Welsh police and doctors were- terrifying. At least he had a loving mum and strong advocates in his friends.

Really interesting that in the early years those talking about the disease were treated as mad conspiracy theorists and to see how that slowly shifted. And it must have been so lonely for those patients who died in the early years of the epidemic.