It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kinda wish I hadn’t watched it. I mean it was amazing but it’s made me feel so depressed. We don’t know we’re born these days and this show really kicked my backside and made me think about a lot of things.

Reactions: 15
Think someone else said this too but I think it’s a show that will stay with you.
I’m thinking of the all the characters. Why them etc
I’m a sensitive person so don’t often watch shows like this cos I over think about it.

Reactions: 14
Binged watched it and it’s the best drama I’ve seen in ages. Acting and writing were amazing. I was so young when AIDS became an epidemic I really didn’t know much about it beyond the leaflets and adverts in the 80’s. Seeing the real heartbreak of this time played out in this 5 episode series was absolutely brilliant, upsetting and heartbreaking. Bravo 👏

Reactions: 8
Nothing short of magnificent, loved it.

Has anyone seen the films The Normal Heart or Pride? Both address the HIV / AIDS crisis and are, in my opinion, both really well done and powerful.

Reactions: 2
Think someone else said this too but I think it’s a show that will stay with you.
I’m thinking of the all the characters. Why them etc
I’m a sensitive person so don’t often watch shows like this cos I over think about it.
A day later and I'm still thinking about Colin.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I just watched it for the second time from beginning to end as my partner didn’t watch with me the first time. All of the actors have something special! I have such a soft spot for Colin! Bless him!

Reactions: 9
Bonjour from France.
It was great, just great. I loved it.
Episodes 3 and 4 especially had me in tears.
Colin, Jill and Roscoe were my favorite characters.

Reactions: 9
We binge watched this weekend. Absolutely incredible. We both sobbed our hearts out.

Reactions: 3
I think I managed to just hold it together until the nurse was speaking about those dying alone and then Jill going to sit with a guy(Marcus?). So terribly sad that they were all alone 😢😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Have you all watched Cucumber and Queer as Folk? Both were fantastic but Cucumber was amazing. I still think about it now.

I did my last essay in the fifth year at school on HIV and AIDS (1986). Although it was terrifying, maybe it was worse in bigger cities because it didn't affect many of us in Cumbria, probably because there wasn't a huge gay community (or if there was, it was all closeted). For years, in Carlisle, there were two openly gay blokes and they were both hairdressers. Thankfully, it's not as bad here now, but my gay friends feels more comfortable going out in Newcastle than here.

John Hurt narrated the adverts - Don't Die of Ignorance.

I started it last night and watched two episodes. I laughed and cried and remembered how much I loved the 80s. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Have you all watched Cucumber and Queer as Folk? Both were fantastic but Cucumber was amazing. I still think about it now.
I loved Queer as Folk. It's been years since I saw it, and I don't remember it very well now, so should probably do a re-watch. I never got around to watching Cucumber. I've just seen they are both on All 4 so will definitely watch.

Nothing short of magnificent, loved it.

Has anyone seen the films The Normal Heart or Pride? Both address the HIV / AIDS crisis and are, in my opinion, both really well done and powerful.
I havent started "Its a Sin" yet but was just about to recommend The Normal Heart to people here! It destroys me. It's amazing but jeez, really tears you in two. The acting in it is amazing.

Definitely watch Cucumber. One of the most shocking and vile episodes ever in that - also a crossover with Vince's mum from QAF..
I've heard about cucumber but daren't ask what the vile scene is 😂

Yes me too! He was my fave so innocent. It was such a shame.
Ollie Alexander said the actor had only just left school and this was his first acting job. Loved his character and was based on RTD's real life friends 😢

*Colin was based on one of his RL friends.

Reactions: 5
I've heard about cucumber but daren't ask what the vile scene is 😂

Ollie Alexander said the actor had only just left school and this was his first acting job. Loved his character and was based on RTD's real life friends 😢

*Colin was based on one of his RL friends.
I had a look on his Instagram last night. Think we will hear more of him Callum is his name. The fact we never saw who was with till the end. Think that made it worse cos you wasn’t expecting it.
No one I know has watched it so I can’t talk about it to anyone, husband isn’t interested in it.

Reactions: 6