It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I managed to just hold it together until the nurse was speaking about those dying alone and then Jill going to sit with a guy(Marcus?). So terribly sad that they were all alone 😢😢😢
This was what got me - the way they were 'dying of shame' all alone, their family and friends shunning them. The bonfire scene was really affecting, like they were erasing their existence.

I thought it was interesting how they wrote in the part about how Richie had purposely not disclosed his status when sleeping with other men and so therefore infecting them. Left me feeling both angry at him and sad about him...made the whole thing a lot more complex.

Reactions: 19
Just finished watching. Half 11 in the morning and I’m sobbing. What wonderful writing and acting. RTD is brilliant. Queer As Folk was a great series. I was born in 72 so was a teenager through the 80s. I remember those adverts, but I mostly remember the misinformation around HIV and AIDS. You can get it from a toilet seat was 1 such piece 🤦‍♀️ When Princess Diana held a patients hand it really broke a few barriers. I thought Keeley Hawes played her part so well. Luckily things have changed so much.
Wish I could go back to the 00s when I spent half my weeks galavanting round with my gay pals in Brum and Wolves!! Those were the nights 🎉

Reactions: 9
This was what got me - the way they were 'dying of shame' all alone, their family and friends shunning them. The bonfire scene was really affecting, like they were erasing their existence.

I thought it was interesting how they wrote in the part about how Richie had purposely not disclosed his status when sleeping with other men and so therefore infecting them. Left me feeling both angry at him and sad about him...made the whole thing a lot more complex.
Just awful they felt such shame, the stigma is awful. Imagine being in hospital dieing and knowing your family n friends are ashamed of you!

I watch call the midwife : will be interesting how they approach this subject if they get to the 80s.

My husband was born in the late 70s with spina bifida and the stigma around that was bad, the doctors n nurses tried to overdoes him at a few days old cos it was shameful. His dad even to this day acts ashamed if they meet new people. And they don’t fully Understand his condition. Where I researched it after I met my husband so I understand it.

Medical care has changed so much and every day something new is learnt.

I bet in a 20 odd years there will be a show about covid. And how it’s changed the world.

Collin is still playin on my mind 😔😔

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I just watched it for the second time from beginning to end as my partner didn’t watch with me the first time. All of the actors have something special! I have such a soft spot for Colin! Bless him!
We finished it yesterday and I'm still thinking about all of them. Yes I know its fiction but I got completely immersed in their lives I didnt want it to end. I knew the inevitable would come and certain people would die but still, it was all so sad and the acting was amazing. It was the best 5 hours of TV I've seen in a long time. Might watch it again next weekend 😂😅

Reactions: 15
Just had a read on Twitter and gills mum in the show was real life gill 💜
Google maps Paton street Manchester

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I've heard about cucumber but daren't ask what the vile scene is 😂

Ollie Alexander said the actor had only just left school and this was his first acting job. Loved his character and was based on RTD's real life friends 😢

*Colin was based on one of his RL friends.
It's not vile in a sexual way, maybe tragic and horrific would be better words.

Just finished it. Was dreading the end and then Everybody Hurts starts playing...

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I binged it all yesterday and like others have been thinking about all the characters all day. I saw RTD on something last week where he said all the characters are an amalgamation of many of his real friends, it kept popping into my head while watching it and made it all feel even sadder

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I binged it all yesterday and like others have been thinking about all the characters all day. I saw RTD on something last week where he said all the characters are an amalgamation of many of his real friends, it kept popping into my head while watching it and made it all feel even sadder
At first I thought Colin was maybe based on RTD himself but that was before I knew what his fate was ! A tad off topic but the Casanova series RTD did with David Tennant in it is one of my favourites.

Reactions: 1
Just awful they felt such shame, the stigma is awful. Imagine being in hospital dieing and knowing your family n friends are ashamed of you!

I watch call the midwife : will be interesting how they approach this subject if they get to the 80s.

My husband was born in the late 70s with spina bifida and the stigma around that was bad, the doctors n nurses tried to overdoes him at a few days old cos it was shameful. His dad even to this day acts ashamed if they meet new people. And they don’t fully Understand his condition. Where I researched it after I met my husband so I understand it.

Medical care has changed so much and every day something new is learnt.

I bet in a 20 odd years there will be a show about covid. And how it’s changed the world.

Collin is still playin on my mind 😔😔
He's still playing on mine too 😔

Reactions: 1
Binged watched!!! Absolutely loved it, best drama I've seen for a while! Russell T Davis got it just right

Reactions: 2
He's still playing on mine too 😔
I can’t stop thinking about him 😔😔 was not expecting that with him which maybe why it’s staying with us. We never saw him with anyone. His death was the worse with the side affects

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I can’t stop thinking about Colin.
I felt like I was rooting for him from the start, and I was desperate for the seizures to be a red herring and for him to actually just have epilepsy!
It’s a great show. It’s a sin by Pet shop boys has been on repeat on my spotify for the last couple days.

Reactions: 17
I too cannot stop thinking about Colin and the whole series. Colin was such a sweet guy, brought out the motherly instincts in me. Made me want to protect him. 😢 Tempted to watch it all again.

I did that with Pose too. Loved that series and their close-knit friendship. 💜

Reactions: 7