It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it all today and it is brilliant..upsetting but brilliant..

It reminds me of the This is England series, well acted and portrayed the issues of the time really well..

Reactions: 26
There was a huge amount of panic and the TV continually played this awful advert and sent out leaflets to every household.
There was a huge amount of stigma attached in those days.

I was 14 when that advert aired and we all got the leaflet through our letter boxes. The ad scared the bejesus out of me.

I'm going to rewatch the UK queer as folk after this 😊

Reactions: 12
That advert scared me too, but I was too young to know what it was really about..

Edited to add that I have remembered another programme that it reminded me of, Pose...I highly recommend it.

Reactions: 10
Judging by the reviews, am just about to watch, channel 4 does good drama.

Reactions: 4
I've just finished watching the lot and OMG 😭😭😭😭

I it doesn't win any awards then I'll be shocked!!
Bloody fantastic acting, well written and such an important subject.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghQVJ3qAcAU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here is what us Irish teens were watching.

It was 1993 before Ireland reformed the laws on homosexuality. And this brought back alot of the queer bashing that existed back then. There was a VJ called fab Vincent Hanley and he died in 1987 of an Aids related illness but all denied by him at the time. So sad that people just couldn't live their lives but hell last night the underground scene did look fun. Hit me with your lasers.

Reactions: 7
Is anyone planning on watching this?

I wasn't bothered at first but kept seeing the advert and it looks pretty good. Think it's this Friday it starts and the full series will be available to watch on All4.

Ooh I'm excited to start this 😍

Reactions: 2
I love Russell T Davies. I waited to this evening to watch and said to myself, only watch one. I'm now on episode 3. I knew I was going to be needing some tissues whilst watching this and I wasn't wrong. ❤

Reactions: 7
Can't wait to start watching it! Been pumped since I saw the trailer, glad to see people are enjoying it so far.

Reactions: 3
I’ve recorded it to watch over the weekend! I have a question though, I wasn’t born then but I’m just wondering...the fear around AIDS, was it something that everyone was scared of in the beginning? Like I know there was mass panic to begin with, was the fear felt by people comparable to the fear felt in this pandemic or not? Hopefully this doesn’t come across as ignorant, I’m genuinely curious
I remember being about 8 when those adverts were on TV and it put the fear of bleeping god into me. My brother who was 17 at the time and knew he was gay said that it did instill in him to be safer but like me he said they were so so brutal. It was different times then and the ignorance around HIV and AIDS was awful! My auntie nursed on an HIV/AIDS ward up here in Scotland she was a very very compassionate woman so to us we knew a lot of what they were saying was totally untrue but some people were so if ignorant thinking you could catch it from toilet seats etc. They would drive past the hospital and shout horrible things and even years later when the hospital became an outpatient general facility some people wouldn’t go to it as they thought they would get the virus 🙄 Even then you couldn’t educate the stupid unfortunately. The Tory government were awful as well and passing Section 28 just summed that up.

• Sad
Reactions: 15