Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
Just read it was originally 8 episodes but cut down to 5. Would love to see it how it was originally meant to be
RTD Is on homo sapian (spelling?) podcast in two parts. Says he could have written about it forever. I would have loved 8 parts. Just because I loved it so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Maybe they will make a follow up now they know how successful it is. I really really hope they do.

They could make those missing episodes.
Each one named after a character. Like "Gloria" "Colin" "Richie" where we see the aftermath of each of their deaths and the effect it had on the remaining characters.
And then a bonus episode which is a flash forward to the current day.
That would be amazing,
How did Collins funeral go?
Did they do something for Richie?
So many questions.
It would be interesting to see their life’s before they went to London, and started their new life.

Twopenniesworth

VIP Member
Just finished the last episode. God, this was such an emotionally devasting series. I was so surprised at how eager I was to watch each episode given the harrowing subject matter, but I was so fully absorbed in it. I was looking forward to but also dreading every episode.

The moments that really got me the most 😭😭 where - SPOILERS -

- Jill sitting with the lonely patient in hospital at the end. Utterly heartbreaking.
- Richie's mum announcing he'd already died. I gasped out loud. I was fully expecting a final emotional reunion between him and Jill. It was really shocking to be robbed of that.
- Colin 💔💔💔 I had an uneasy feeling he would be the first of the main gang to get ill. Just the fact that his lifestyle was so at odds with the other boys. His final scenes were actually not only totally heartbreaking, but very disturbing. I would not be able to sit through them again.

Superb.
SPOILER - sorry, not sure how to cover like I’ve seen in other threads.

I couldn’t believe it when she said Richie had died, I thought she was lying to keep Jill away and eventually it would lead to Jill finding out and finally getting to see him. Espically as it flashed to him straight after, but it was going back.
What a cow she was but Keeley Hawes played the part amazing. I have watched it twice and I loved watching it a second time as you pick up a bit more on smaller things. So very sad though and I’m still thinking about it almost a week later 😭 truly devastating that this was real life not so long ago 😞
I was born in 1985 so I didn’t truly grasp the devastation but this show highlighted just how awful life was for gay men and aids victims.
LA!

MrsLucas

VIP Member
It’s a sin....wow completely brilliant! I’ve watched it twice now and will no doubt watch it again. It’s just so, soooo good. Best thing I’ve seen on tv in such a long time. Olly is such a good actor too!!

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Currently trying to watch its a sin after party, and the host is......extreamly rather annoying. Such a shame as i find it so distracting, can't watch any more of it. :(
Agree, I managed 1.5 episodes and haven't been back. Purely because of the presenter. Shame, because the actor guests in the bits I did watch were interesting and I'd have liked to hear more. Total fail on that C4!

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
Did Richie say he was the one that gave it to his bf ? Confused me a wee bit that cos he noticed his back was covered in lesions after they had sex proper for the first time
I think he was saying he could have done or even if he didn't he definitely gave it to other people afterwards so he was the same as him.

Red hair

I hope this is ok, would like to recommend a really good book related to this series. “All the young men“ by Ruth Coker Burks is the true story of an American lady who made it her mission to care for the dying and give them comfort. She also used her family burial plot to lay to rest the men’s ashes if no one claimed them. A truly moving book.

• Heart

~vix~83~

VIP Member
So true. I didn't go into it thinking they'd all survive but it's somehow so brutal. The worst was Colin - just came out of nowhere. 😞
I still think about Collin 😢😢💙 his story broke me from day 1, he was so innocent 🥺

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Finished watching last night and still don’t feel like I’ve recovered! It was so brilliant but so heartbreaking, I can’t believe it all happened so recently too. I cried in every episode but the last 3 really got me. The demonstration scene especially, I was sobbing 😭

It definitely deserves to win awards!

Reactions: 6

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Bit late but I’ve binged up to episode 4 tonight, I’m already dreading watching the ending tomorrow as I know what is coming 😭 What a fantastic show, I can’t stop thinking about it! Really had no idea how horrendous things were for the LGBTQ community within my own lifetime! Thank god attitudes have changed.

• Heart

Tiredbones

Hadn't her parents already been for dinner at the pink palace? When Jill and Richie told them they were buying it? I'm sure that was before the coach scene

Moongirl69

VIP Member
I ended up binge watching and want to watch it again. What an amazing programme! So well written and acted. I was an emotional wreck by the end but I loved it 💔

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
How this didn't win a single award is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that it might have suffered coming out so early last year.