It Galz #2 Lindsey put your gee away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it changes monthly, hence why at the beginning of every month they really go hard on promoting their patreon. Last month they earned $13, 209 (approx) and this month it’s at $12,557. Still a duck tonne of money. Annually they probably make in around $76,800 EACH (about €63,300give or take.) it’s hard to guess what their annual income is because their income changes monthly and this doesn’t include tax + currency exchange charges. so this is just a very rough idea. They also make money from their merch, ads on their podcast and their shows (which they obvs can’t do anymore.) I would guess they make about 80-90 grand a year each and with the shows about 100 grand. Lol this was a long response. I could be very wrong too.
Wow that is a sickening amount! Even if you take out Patreon charges + higher tax rates they’re probably still making a LOT of coin. If anything their job is probably even easier than the average YouTuber or influencer who has to plan outfits, spend hours editing, have good quality equipment, etc etc. I know they bought new equipment recently but the audio still isn’t all that good and the editing/professionalism is nonexistent as I mentioned earlier in the thread. They’ve definitely lost a few patrons but as long as they’re making money they’ll probably continue, even though the content isn’t authentic anymore.

Reactions: 8
Wow that is a sickening amount! Even if you take out Patreon charges + higher tax rates they’re probably still making a LOT of coin. If anything their job is probably even easier than the average YouTuber or influencer who has to plan outfits, spend hours editing, have good quality equipment, etc etc. I know they bought new equipment recently but the audio still isn’t all that good and the editing/professionalism is nonexistent as I mentioned earlier in the thread. They’ve definitely lost a few patrons but as long as they’re making money they’ll probably continue, even though the content isn’t authentic anymore.
ah yeah, why wouldn't you continue you know? They're self employed so they need all the money they can right now. The content is drying up as well so they need to make hay when the sun's shining. The listenership is there for the craic and gossip and they've lost that. I think it lost it's thing when they moved from experience based content to opinion based. It was gas craic back in the day but now it's just "i think this i think that". You don't even learn anything from it apart from their opinions. They don't even really talk to each other haha. Jenny lists her opinion, then it's lindsays turn. Then repeat. So shite.

Reactions: 7
Agree that the transition from experience based to opinion pieces has taken away from the podcast a lot.

I found yesterday's podcast total hogwash and I say that as a mother who had my first very young. That was insta content at best, not podcast worthy.

Reactions: 3
Agree that the transition from experience based to opinion pieces has taken away from the podcast a lot.

I found yesterday's podcast total hogwash and I say that as a mother who had my first very young. That was insta content at best, not podcast worthy.
Agreed. They have had good episodes in the past but it has gone downhill a lot.

Reactions: 2
I'm so glad I cancelled my xgalz ahah. I asked a friend whos an accountant before and he estimated after-tax they prob make 50-60k from the podcast alone which is some bag of money for the work involved, especially for Lindsay whos never actually had a stable job. Not including merch and the rest. Fairly sickening when you put into perspective nurses wages and other key workers. I suppose the one thing is it won't last forever. They're definitely clutching at straws for ideas now and are becoming less and less relevant. Jennys fell off the radar a bit on social media too. You never really know whats going on behind the scenes but I hope to god for their sakes they were saving!!!!!!

ah yeah, why wouldn't you continue you know? They're self employed so they need all the money they can right now. The content is drying up as well so they need to make hay when the sun's shining. The listenership is there for the craic and gossip and they've lost that. I think it lost it's thing when they moved from experience based content to opinion based. It was gas craic back in the day but now it's just "i think this i think that". You don't even learn anything from it apart from their opinions. They don't even really talk to each other haha. Jenny lists her opinion, then it's lindsays turn. Then repeat. So shite.
That’s so true!! Compare it to a podcast like I’m grand mam where they’re actually having a conversation, telling stories etc, engaging with each other. Lindsay and Jenny just wait for their own turn to speak, it’s so jarring to listen to. Not even sure how they’re friends if that’s how they communicate tbh

I cancelled my xgalz a good while back due to the glamorizing of "the bag" and that was purely for personal reasons as I lost a sibling to this type of "glam" drug use ie-not heroin. Plus I'm trying to raise girls in this drug heavy world in a pretty run down area where they're prevalent.

I don't begrudge them any of their income, I think fair fucks to them in all honesty and have said similar many times on this thread. I don't agree with any of the flack Lindsay gets as a parent, I think she seems like a fantastic mum and very in tune with her kids.
I think Jenny seems like a great, non judgemental friend and is very quick witted, smart and funny.

I've nothing bad to say about either of them which I know probably doesn't go down well here 😂 but the old easy charm does seem to be gone.

Reactions: 20
I think it's just hard to keep the experience aspect going when there's not much to be doing in lockdown. Like most influencers, their lives are what they're selling and that's what kept them entertaining. They'd literally have no content if they didn't switch to opinions vs experience atm i think.

Open to hearing a more critical view though as I do like them but love forming a more rounded opinion

I think it's just hard to keep the experience aspect going when there's not much to be doing in lockdown. Like most influencers, their lives are what they're selling and that's what kept them entertaining. They'd literally have no content if they didn't switch to opinions vs experience atm i think.

Open to hearing a more critical view though as I do like them but love forming a more rounded opinion
Yes I agree, I can imagine it’s so hard to be coming up with new and fresh topics during lockdown, there’s nothing new happening and nothing to talk about. They’ve been doing well to keep putting out two podcasts a week in these times. My onl ygripe with them is I really really don’t agree with the way Lindsay handled lockdown over the Christmas. it’s infuriating and insulting to the front line workers and people who have lost loved ones. I almost unsubscribed from the Patreon then

Reactions: 6
I cancelled my xgalz a good while back due to the glamorizing of "the bag" and that was purely for personal reasons as I lost a sibling to this type of "glam" drug use ie-not heroin. Plus I'm trying to raise girls in this drug heavy world in a pretty run down area where they're prevalent.

I don't begrudge them any of their income, I think fair fucks to them in all honesty and have said similar many times on this thread. I don't agree with any of the flack Lindsay gets as a parent, I think she seems like a fantastic mum and very in tune with her kids.
I think Jenny seems like a great, non judgemental friend and is very quick witted, smart and funny.

I've nothing bad to say about either of them which I know probably doesn't go down well here 😂 but the old easy charm does seem to be gone.
They lost me around the time of the drug episode too. Was shocked they even put it out. You can talk about drugs in a knowing manner and still be sensitive and knowledgable, there was absolutely no need for the flagrant mad bastard we're so wild and free and edgy tone of that pod, it set a very bad example. Not saying it's their job to educate but at the same time I just found the tone of it very..... off. Lindsays spouted about 'bag' (cringe) in multiple pods and it reeks of 18 year old on a mad one.

They lost me around the time of the drug episode too. Was shocked they even put it out. You can talk about drugs in a knowing manner and still be sensitive and knowledgable, there was absolutely no need for the flagrant mad bastard we're so wild and free and edgy tone of that pod, it set a very bad example. Not saying it's their job to educate but at the same time I just found the tone of it very..... off. Lindsays spouted about 'bag' (cringe) in multiple pods and it reeks of 18 year old on a mad one.
But does she not say in multiple episodes she didn't like it so she does not do it?

But does she not say in multiple episodes she didn't like it so she does not do it?
Haven't listened to a full pod since the end of last summer, she may have said that since but a couple of years ago it was bag bag bag and she was mentioning it a lot when she was with Michael.

Reactions: 3
Yeah they very much seem like the kind of girls who didn't try harder drugs till they were late 20s. Anyone their age whose used drugs a lot when they were younger doesn't go on like that...

Reactions: 7
Yeah they very much seem like the kind of girls who didn't try harder drugs till they were late 20s. Anyone their age whose used drugs a lot when they were younger doesn't go on like that...
Probably better to try when you have a bit of cop on rather than younger

Reactions: 1
Has anyone listened to Let's solve nothing with Joanne and Muireann? I've listened to a few the past few days and really enjoy their conversations. Like a more mature itgalz.

Reactions: 14
Fair but also probably even better to not talk about it publicly with young teenage listeners even if you do 🤷‍♀️
In fairness, they're not targeting their podcast at young teenage listeners. It's clearly adult-themed and aimed at people old enough to make their own decisions about things like taking drugs. Not a huge fan of glamourizing drugs either, but I do appreciate open and honest conversations about them rather than pretending taking drugs doesn't happen.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone listened to Let's solve nothing with Joanne and Muireann? I've listened to a few the past few days and really enjoy their conversations. Like a more mature itgalz.
I've listened to all their episodes but i haven't really clicked with it if you know what I mean. I feel like the podcast doesn't really flow. Thought Joanne was better when she guest spoke on other pods. I'm loving Rosemary and Beatrice's pod not without my sister 100% recommend

Yeah, I forgot to take into account income tax which would bring them down to about €60,000. So saying them make up to €100k was definitely an overstatement. I was outside when I was typing that response and my hands got to cold to type anymore.

In fairness, they're not targeting their podcast at young teenage listeners. It's clearly adult-themed and aimed at people old enough to make their own decisions about things like taking drugs. Not a huge fan of glamourizing drugs either, but I do appreciate open and honest conversations about them rather than pretending taking drugs doesn't happen.
I get that. But even if their target is an older audience, they seem to be most popular with teenagers. So, they can make content for ‘adults’ but it’s important to be conscious of the fact that their content is mainly being consumed by a younger audience.
I know they have a young audience because they have mentioned it in the past and I know a lot of young ones who listen to them/are patreons. But that is not definitive.

Last edited:
Yeah, I forgot to take into account income tax which would bring them down to about €60,000. So saying them make up to €100k was definitely an overstatement. I was outside when I was typing that response and my hands got to cold to type anymore.

I get that. But even if their target is an older audience, they seem to be most popular with teenagers. So, they can make content for ‘adults’ but it’s important to be conscious of the fact that their content is mainly being consumed by a younger audience.
I know they have a young audience because they have mentioned it in the past and I know a lot of young ones who listen to them/are patreons. But that is not definitive.
100% agree, they might WANT to target an older audience but it's been said to them on multiple insta lives how do they feel about having such young listeners so they're very aware. Was also brought up after the live shows when they said most of the audience was 20 below. It's one thing to talk about sex openly but at the end of the day sex isn't highly illegal and dangerous, there's a bit of a difference between the two topics. Not being a prude, drug education in Ireland is a literal farce and its badly needed but there's a way of going about it that isn't glamorising it. My experience of moving from the country where it was never talked about or seen to moving to Dublin when I was 17 was an unholy culture shock and I could have done with a bit of education ahahah. The gals missed a great opportunity to do a drug education pod IMO, could have got a guest on from spun out or something and actually contributed something really cool to that conversation. Would have been more useful and interesting than Lindays sisters or other 'friends of the pod'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.