It Galz #14 Gloves vs shawl, who cares, we’re bored of it all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't fathom constantly supporting brands or people who are predators and abusers. I think J needs to google what an "estate" is.

Reactions: 4
Context? Is this something to do with her posting Alexander Wang shoes?
This and her hairdresser. I can't think of other instances tbh. Still getting your hair cut with Matthew Feeney and fawning all over him after his behaviour coming out sits VERY badly with me. Baffled people still post stories with him, loads of other fab hairdressers in Dublin than aren't racists, bigots and complete arseholes. Showing the Wang shoes is a bad look but also could have been oversight she could have done without realising, but Feeney on the other hand :sick:

Reactions: 11
This and her hairdresser. I can't think of other instances tbh. Still getting your hair cut with Matthew Feeney and fawning all over him after his behaviour coming out sits VERY badly with me. Baffled people still post stories with him, loads of other fab hairdressers in Dublin than aren't racists, bigots and complete arseholes. Showing the Wang shoes is a bad look but also could have been oversight she could have done without realising, but Feeney on the other hand :sick:
Ive seen others still go to him too, cant recall who at the mo, but its a bit mad they still show him. Ive no issue with them continuing to go to him tbh. But i dont think they should promote him and thats what including him on insta stories is

Reactions: 1
Ive seen others still go to him too, cant recall who at the mo, but its a bit mad they still show him. Ive no issue with them continuing to go to him tbh. But i dont think they should promote him and thats what including him on insta stories is
Yea like its one thing to continue going to him on the quiet if you've really struggled to find a hairdresser you trust (personally would rather burn my money than give it to someone which such an ugly personality) but posting him and thanking him multiple times sits bad with me. We're not responsible for other peoples behaviour but when its something that horrible I don't think it can be ignored. I think James Kav posted him few weeks ago I could be wrong though. It was someone in that general group. I don't follow Matthew did he even ever acknowledge any of that on his socials or apologize anywhere?

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been discussed before - but what did he do?

Yea like its one thing to continue going to him on the quiet if you've really struggled to find a hairdresser you trust (personally would rather burn my money than give it to someone which such an ugly personality) but posting him and thanking him multiple times sits bad with me. We're not responsible for other peoples behaviour but when its something that horrible I don't think it can be ignored. I think James Kav posted him few weeks ago I could be wrong though. It was someone in that general group. I don't follow Matthew did he even ever acknowledge any of that on his socials or apologize anywhere?
Yeah i agree with you about posting, but i dont think he should never get work again because of it. But nobody with a public platform should be anywhere near promoting him

@Lana.lee was in court for racial abuse of a taxi driver - google matthew feeney taxi driver

Reactions: 3
Yeah i agree with you about posting, but i dont think he should never get work again because of it. But nobody with a public platform should be anywhere near promoting him

@Lana.lee was in court for racial abuse of a taxi driver - google matthew feeney taxi driver
Oh my god, just read it there - completely inexcusable.
Refused to pay, then when he was confronted by the taxi driver and the guards -

'He eventually paid the fare but as the taxi driver left, Feeney became abusive and said: “I don’t like blacks, you are all pigs.”
He ran on to the bonnet and windscreen of the taxi, causing damage, and was arrested. He continued to be abusive in the Garda station and physically resisted officers.

His punishment? - A €600 fine.

Disgraceful.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh my god, just read it there - completely inexcusable.
Refused to pay, then when he was confronted by the taxi driver and the guards -

'He eventually paid the fare but as the taxi driver left, Feeney became abusive and said: “I don’t like blacks, you are all pigs.”
He ran on to the bonnet and windscreen of the taxi, causing damage, and was arrested. He continued to be abusive in the Garda station and physically resisted officers.

His punishment? - A €600 fine.

Disgraceful.
I read it again there, I forgot the 'you are all pigs' part :sick: :sick: Very easy blame things on drink when you end up in court, I've seen him out multiple times since the court case and he's still an obnoxious sod

Reactions: 6
His version of events that night are very different and they are all his friends so they must believe him and support him

His version of events that night are very different and they are all his friends so they must believe him and support him
But he admitted it? He was resisting arrest and fighting with the guards in the station too it seems fairly black and white tbh.

But he admitted it? He was resisting arrest and fighting with the guards in the station too it seems fairly black and white tbh.
Yeah and he even gave a written apology to the taxi man so there has to be truth in it.

Yeah and he even gave a written apology to the taxi man so there has to be truth in it.
Jennys posting stories about celebs dodgy tweets and just said one of the worst things to come back from is racism or homophobia lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People often admit guilt if it’s easier than fighting it
Anyway he has a different version of events and they’re his friends so makes sense that they believe and still want to support him

Anyway he has a different version of events and they’re his friends so makes sense that they believe and still want to support him
Do you know what his version of events is?

I saw that! Wonder is she reading here...
Nah highly doubt it tbh it came up because of a scandal with a tiktok girl that appeared overnight

And what's his version of events? If I was accused of saying something to someone, and its wasn't recorded and there was no witnesses or no actual evidence I said it (because I didn't say it), I absolutely wouldn't admit to doing it! Where's the logic there

I disagree. I think it’s just as bad to associate with someone in private and not publicly because that just shows you know they did something wrong but still want to continue your relationship with them as it still benefits you. But I also don’t think anyone should be promoting a racist or associating with them either.
Who knows, maybe he has learnt from the whole situation and has changed. I don’t believe people should be condemned for life either. Guess I don’t really know where I stand. All I know is that there are plenty of great hairdressers in Ireland who haven’t been found guilty of ‘criminal damage, public intoxication, and using threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour and violence’ that I would much rather go to.

I disagree. I think it’s just as bad to associate with someone in private and not publicly because that just shows you know they did something wrong but still want to continue your relationship with them as it still benefits you. But I also don’t think anyone should be promoting a racist or associating with them either.
Who knows, maybe he has learnt from the whole situation and has changed. I don’t believe people should be condemned for life either. Guess I don’t really know where I stand.
I agree, I hate cancelling someone forever and ever over one incident. People should be allowed grow and change etc.

HOWEVER - to make such disgusting racist comments AND not pay AND assault the Gardai AND damage the taxi drivers car just seems so extreme. This wasn't a moment of madness, the ordeal went on for a couple of hours.
I dunno - I suppose I don't know where I stand on it either.

Reactions: 7
Who knows, maybe he has learnt from the whole situation and has changed. I don’t believe people should be condemned for life either. Guess I don’t really know where I stand. All I know is that there are plenty of great hairdressers in Ireland who haven’t been found guilty of ‘criminal damage, public intoxication, and using threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour and violence’ that I would much rather go to.
I dunno, im just pretty aware that neither i nor my friends are perfect, but to my close friends, while id let them know i was unhappt with behaviour like the above, it wouldnt be the end of the friendship.

For Matthew Feeney, i personally had the great displeasure of being in his company before and hes a prick. But i dont think wishing no friends or a lack of work on him is neccessary tbh

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.