It Galz #11 E lost his pods, J on her tod, L on the sesh, xgals is a fraud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like both pods have lost a lot of patreons.
I really think J should branch out a little but before Redroom gets too pigeon holed.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
it’s the fact she says “this is not the place to criticise me” -not give hate, not be nasty, just can’t take criticism that I have an issue with. You just can’t run a biz like that-not take feedback from people?? And she keeps changing the service and she doesn’t want feedback? Honestly you just can’t run a business like that

Reactions: 24
Looks like both pods have lost a lot of patreons.
I really think J should branch out a little but before Redroom gets too pigeon holed.
What do you think she should branch out to? Would be kinda random if she changed the content at this point imo

it’s the fact she says “this is not the place to criticise me” -not give hate, not be nasty, just can’t take criticism that I have an issue with. You just can’t run a biz like that-not take feedback from people?? And she keeps changing the service and she doesn’t want feedback? Honestly you just can’t run a business like that
Yeah If L can’t handle basic feedback then she needs to reconsider. Being any type of content creator means you’re gonna get tons of criticism and direct feedback from your audience surely. I do still think if people are unhappy with the pod at this point, bigger fool them for sticking around

Reactions: 8
That comment L wrote on the discord really put me off her. I think that is the final straw for me. What I read on the discord was genuine questions around annual subscriptions, why November would be charged and obviously around the shows when L went radio silent.
I am wondering if L can't handle the comments around patrons showing zero interest in the Vlog and the zine etc and to be honest, I also have zero interest in paying for a vlog. L keeps changing her mind about how she wants to run her podcast so often, how can she not expect these questions and comments.
The amount of recent changes is astonishing and these include releasing 2 episodes a week, pausing payments, removal of tiers, a zine, a vlog and now "aiming" for 6- 8 episodes a month. In the nicest way possible, what the duck do you expect L when you are making changes that suit only you?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It Galz is showing as 1003 patrons and Red Room is 1221, a big difference for both!
In fairness I’d say every Patreon account looses a chunk at the start of the month. It’s just that we’re looking at their closely we notice. Interesting to see who will build it back up. Js has been consistent enough but she’s only going 3 months so who knows. Ls was close to 3,000 at the time of the break and she’s now close to going under 1,000. Pretty crazy

Reactions: 10
That still works out as 60k a year for L and 88k a year for J so not bad at all! For a what, a day a week working?
Cash access the vlog for L. Looks like she didn't upload properly 😕

Reactions: 8
Did L ever do the zine? Also mad to see ls mates sticking by j & being referenced/featured in js vlog!

Reactions: 9
I think Redroom lost roughly the same amount last month but built it back up. Jenny constantly advertises the pod on the redroom insta as well as her own and also has her vlog separate so everyone has access.

Itgalz numbers however seems to consistently drop with no pick up, I'd say the only reason it hasn't dropped more is because payments are paused. Lindsay no longer uses the itgalz insta to promote the pod, does the odd shoutout on her own page but nothing consistent and constantly seem to piss people off on patreon/discord so not sure how she'll ever get numbers back up.

Reactions: 15
I'm nearly done re listening xgalz from the start, once I do ill be unsubscribing

Reactions: 7
When you pick a job in the public eye as such then you have to accept that you cannot control how other people see you. I think L is struggling with the disconnect between how she sees herself and how other people see her. When L & J were together she was the funny hot one(in her mind anyway) that carried the podcast and it is a shock to see that this hasn't just continued on.

I can understand why this is difficult, I think it is probably a reason that a lot of us wouldn't pick a job like she has but this is what she has chosen and now she is pretty stuck because she doesn't really have any other way to earn money. It's a tit situation for sure but she needs to realise that nobody owes her that living if she wants it she has to work for it and work hard because it is pretty cut-throat as she has seen. She seems to be going for the pity likes but there is only so long someone is going to keep paying for your work because they feel bad you are going through a hard time, eventually they are going to want to see high-quality content that they enjoy and are happy to pay for. It's sad that she is struggling but it really isn't her followers or patreons responsibility, if she can't handle the stress of live shows or producing content or any of the things that people have paid their money for then she needs to cancel them. If people weren't paying for these things they wouldn't be so pissed off about them, leaving people on patreon hanging with next month will be different, next month will different over and over is always going to annoy people, just say what you going to do, shut up and do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When L & J were together she was the funny hot one(in her mind anyway) that carried the podcast and it is a shock to see that this hasn't just continued on.
Nail on the head. And when they were together she knew J was getting pretty unwarranted hate on here and by her own admission didn’t care once it made her look good in comparison. She can’thide behind that anymore and I’d say that’s getting to her

Reactions: 16
That statement on discord about not taking criticism is not it...if she had a "conventional" job, she'd be subject to performance reviews, feedback from management, etc.
Saying her dms are open, so she can hide from public criticism on the discord, dole out abuse to whoever dms her feedback, and then block them, would you ever cop on 🙄

Reactions: 21
Don't worry she has her Stans on the Patreon website backing her up telling her " you had every right to charge" etc... My advise to L would be to drop all the extra's such as the vlog and the zine and just concentrate on running the business with either one or two podcasts a week and plan ahead at least this way your customers know what to expect because right now it seems you are only interested in making easy money with minimal effort and hiding it behind a paywall. For the record, I am rooting for L but I think she needs a dose of reality to make It Galz work again.

Reactions: 14
I’m just confused where her message on discord came from? Has there been major criticism on there lately? She paused payments and people seem to be getting refunds for the show… what else are people complaining about? I think most people’s mistake is expecting the new it galz to be like the old it galz. It just has the same name, but it’s a completely different podcast now so either accept it with its flaws or move on 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe an unpopular opinion. likeliness is L isn’t going to change, at least overnight, she seems to be unreliable and lacks big picture & planning in general which is part of the “chaos” people seem to like about her

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haha yeah that is her niche " unreliable and lacks big picture & planning in general which is part of the “chaos” people seem to like about her". Actually thinking about it, her group of Stans will stay loyal to her so why bother changing!

Reactions: 5
I’m just confused where her message on discord came from? Has there been major criticism on there lately? She paused payments and people seem to be getting refunds for the show… what else are people complaining about? I think most people’s mistake is expecting the new it galz to be like the old it galz. It just has the same name, but it’s a completely different podcast now so either accept it with its flaws or move on 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe an unpopular opinion. likeliness is L isn’t going to change, at least overnight, she seems to be unreliable and lacks big picture & planning in general which is part of the “chaos” people seem to like about her
I think those who paid annually havent been able to get refunds, so are stuck having paid for one thing, but receiving another thing

Reactions: 4
I think those who paid annually havent been able to get refunds, so are stuck having paid for one thing, but receiving another thing

Long time tattle lurker here ( found out about it from L's constant referencing which is ironic).

This seems to be the comment that set her off! As someone else said that reply is sort of the nail in the coffin for me completely put me off. Was sticking around hoping the content etc would improve but can't cope with how she's speaking to her subscribers. I don't understand how she doesn't connect her behavior to drop in numbers.

(Most) people don't wanna see you fail L- they liked the content enough to sign up in the first place but telling people to unsub when they are coming w reasonable questions around live shows / how many podcasts a month they should get If they sign up is a jokeeee
Screenshot_20211102-125057~2.png

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.