It Galz #10 The galz mess and red room success

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember L taking about the time Peaches Geldof encountered a ghost. Did she say it was Peaches mother and she seen her in the bathroom or something?

Reactions: 3
I remember L taking about the time Peaches Geldof encountered a ghost. Did she say it was Peaches mother and she seen her in the bathroom or something?
Oh yeah think it was with Adam… a celeb conspiracy one not long before the break up I don’t think?

was chatting to my friend who’s still an xgal on annual membership and she’s convinced someone wrote the script for the podcast and L got editing/production in. Which if true could be good she’s getting some help with content even if it is kinda recycled. Did she credit anyone and does the podcast sound that scripted?!

Reactions: 3
Didn't get many responses after I asked so just chose that. Screenshot is from Sunday so not sure why you didn't make a thread yourself, as you are very concerned about this.
Was thinking the same...v odd 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Jenny goes serious and now L is trying to go serious oh god.. honestly. Still rehashing the same recycled stories too her content is just never original. Another big comeback that’s not so big

Reactions: 8
I listened to the first 10 mins. Skipped on to see if it was going to stay the same, it did. Didn’t enjoy it myself, its not the content I would expect from ItGalz. Very serious, like it was a story being read from a book type of thing. Not for me anyway but maybe some people would love that but if that’s what the content is going to be going forward then I’ll be out. I like L though, and don’t get me wrong, she defo put effort in to it. Just not my thang xox

There's a Peaches Geldoff thread on here I wonder if that's where she got the inspo. Also the Primrose Hill Gang is another thread that's really interesting (Kate Moss, Pearl Lowe , Jude Law , Sadie Frost, Oasis etc)
Oohhh is there a primrose hill set thread? I used to loooove reading up on the antics of that gang, still do. Recently went back into it when Davinia Taylor came out with her lifestyle book.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I listened to the first 10 mins. Skipped on to see if it was going to stay the same, it did. Didn’t enjoy it myself, its not the content I would expect from ItGalz. Very serious, like it was a story being read from a book type of thing. Not for me anyway but maybe some people would love that but if that’s what the content is going to be going forward then I’ll be out. I like L though, and don’t get me wrong, she defo put effort in to it. Just not my thang xox
L’s strength is free flowing conversation, so I don’t know what possessed her to go down this route. It’s not really coming across as itgalz material at all. It would be so mad if she had a script written for the whole thing?! You can tell J has footnotes that she reads from, but she adds her own thoughts on top to keep things flowing nicely. Doesn’t sound like L has it mastered at all.

Reactions: 6
My friend sent me a screen record it does sound way better production wise but defo like she’s reading it directly from a page. I agree Lindsay’s strength is free flowing convo/one liners/bouncing off someone else so it just seems a little weird to go down this serious true crime route? I guess fair play for trying something different, but if this is a once off it’s a little random and if it’s setting the tone for the future then kinda out of nowhere

Reactions: 2
Ah jaysus girls, we're a hard bunch to please.... if she did the usual, we'd be berating her for lacking originality.
She tries something new, spends time producing, and we still slate her.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ah jaysus girls, we're a hard bunch to please.... if she did the usual, we'd be berating her for lacking originality.
It’s true.. I find it hard to imagine what kind of content she could possibly put out that people won’t complain about. Even if she went back to how she was before, people would say she was over-sharing again or something. I sometimes do feel for her.
But then again I don’t think she’s ever really cared about how she treats her listeners either so it’s a weird relationship

Reactions: 11
I think it’s just hard not to project onto her content after some of her actions through the breakup. A lot of people me included felt a special connection to her and J as a twosome so when it ended it was sad but it was the actions around it that left a sour taste

I don’t think it’s even that we’re hard to please. For me I’m just left scratching my head like what’s going on?! 🧐

I know we’re a hard bunch to please- BUT, at least with Js new podcast it was like a totally different scene altogether (albeit we didn’t actually know what we were signing up for initially) but if L is going to keep the ItGalz name then at least stick to that kinda vibe that we’re expecting.
I reckon she should have just rebranded the whole thing as many have said on here, to me ItGalz is a bit tainted :/

I thought it was a good effort.
Her usual charm wasn't there and I did eye roll at being brought back to early 2000s yet again but I can see the relevance of her speaking about Paula Yates and Peaches and how they were treated by the media.

Not blown away but willing to give XGalz a chance.

Reactions: 1
Does anybody have screenshots of the statement about Jenny? they’re way too far back to go snooping

I think the problem is that she kept the brand but is experimenting. Another problem is the contrasts between the live comedy, zine, serious podcast, movie reference insta etc.

If she had a new brand/patreon, experimentation would be fine or if you keep the old brand and try different routes, that's fine if she anticipates and accept a change in audience but we have all got an impression that she can't handle the loss of interest.

Listeners don't know what they're getting essentially but at least she's improved production from her previous rambling pods, just needs to be a bit looser is all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.