Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the description of the influencer, maybe Eitan Bernath? Which company though I wouldn't begin to guess, as he seems to get a lot of PR.
I wouldn't call him unhinged, though, as I haven't seen him outright supporting the actions of the Israeli government, but he is pushing a lot of statements of support for Israel, which it's hard not to read into.

With that said, I don't like the original influencer being so vague about it, as leading people to speculate could push hatred the way of any given Jewish food influencer, and they're getting more than enough antisemitism at present without leading people to speculate about them being "unhinged Zionists."
One can also boycott the companies supporting the actions of the IDF and Israeli government without sending hate the way of other individuals.

Reactions: 7
Today's ✨good news✨ is that most of the premature babies who were moved from Al-Shifa to the south have been reunited with their mothers. who were apparently forced to leave ahead of their babies. Can you imagine, just giving birth to a tiny baby and having to leave them, with talk of them maybe being sent over to a hospital in Israel, in which case you may never see them again, or being just left there, cold and hungry, and you may never see them again. The IDF's cruelty is unparalleled. It really is a miracle so many got out alive when they did, but you can't help but think - what about all the premature babes born in Gaza since then? The ones being born right now?

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I just am so confused. Does John Kirby, and all the people reposting this approvingly, actually believe this? As Israel (and the US) are quite literally trying to wipe Gaza and the Palestinian people off the map?
Is this man bonkers? What universe are they existing in?

This fuckwit should be sectioned, not put in any role of authority or as a spokesperspon/ ambassador for anything. In fact, she's actually making the case for Israel go down the toilet, as she's such a bad advertisement for the country and it's government with her loony murderous ravings about all Palestinians being 'Khamas' in answer to any question that anyone poses to her. She's bleeping nuts.

Reactions: 13
This fuckwit should be sectioned, not put in any role of authority or as a spokesperspon/ ambassador for anything. In fact, she's actually making the case for Israel go down the toilet, as she's such a bad advertisement for the country and it's government with her loony murderous ravings about all Palestinians being 'Khamas' in answer to any question that anyone poses to her. She's bleeping nuts.
It is genuinely amazing to me that so many people are ignoring the whole 'bleeping nuts' of it all. Like, they're spewing this totally insane tit and being platformed, supported, and ARMED. Such a headfuck.

Reactions: 10

I think deep down a lot of people feel like Lee Kern does. They won't be satisfied until all the Palestinians are dead.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

I just am so confused. Does John Kirby, and all the people reposting this approvingly, actually believe this? As Israel (and the US) are quite literally trying to wipe Gaza and the Palestinian people off the map?
Yeah they believe it, I think the past decade or so of every angle of bigotry being popularised means there's nothing to be gained by just understanding it, but accepting and dismantling it.
I think if your beliefs are so dependent on dehumanisation, that just can't compare to the strength of a belief in humanity.

Yet another thing I can't get over, this crooner delivery- like he should have a cigar in the side of his mouth and be leaning on a grand piano with a whiskey on it.

Reactions: 9
This is the reply I received from my Labour MP
Thank you for contacting me again on 14th November 2023 about the conflict in the Middle East. I continue to be deeply concerned by what is happening and want to see this terrible situation come to an end as soon as possible..

Whilst I know that many of my constituents are already aware of my view on the appalling situation on the ground in Gaza, and specifically the need for a huge increase in international aid and the necessity for international law to be upheld, I recognise many of you have raised the specific question of the votes on the King’s Speech which took place on Wednesday, 15th November. I – along with many other members of the Parliamentary Labour Party – encouraged senior colleagues to submit a Labour amendment calling for the violence to end as soon as possible and setting out a means by which we can ensure international law is upheld.

Labour’s amendment was explicit in setting out a commitment to the rules-based international order, international humanitarian law and the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to address the conduct of all parties in Gaza and Hamas’ attack in Israel. This is a crucial point, albeit one the Government has thus far not properly addressed. More importantly it affirms that we all want to see an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine and to take the steps needed to secure an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible. However, I do not believe that an immediate cessation of hostilities is realistic or can be delivered in practice: these objectives are always hard won and involve diplomacy and negotiation and it will take time to bring this about.

For reference, below is a copy of Labour’s amendment:

“and submit to Your Majesty that this House wishes to see an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine; unequivocally condemns the horrific terrorist attack and murder of civilians by Hamas, calls for the immediate release of all hostages and reaffirms Israel’s right to defend its citizens from terrorism; believes all human life is equal and that there has been too much suffering, including far too many deaths of innocent civilians and children, over the past month in Gaza; reaffirms the UK’s commitment to the rules based international order, international humanitarian law and the jurisdiction of the ICC to address the conduct of all parties in Gaza and Hamas’s attacks in Israel; calls on Israel to protect hospitals and lift the siege conditions allowing food, water, electricity, medicine and fuel into Gaza; requests the Government continue to work with the international community to prevent a wider escalation of the conflict in the region, guarantee that people in Gaza who are forced to flee during this conflict can return to their homes and seek an end to the expansion of illegal settlements and settler violence in the West Bank; and, while acknowledging the daily humanitarian pauses to allow in aid and the movement of civilians, believe they must be longer to deliver humanitarian assistance on a scale that begins to meet the desperate needs of the people of Gaza, which is a necessary step to an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible and a credible, diplomatic and political process to deliver the lasting peace of a two-state solution.”

To reiterate – because there has been a lot of misleading information circulating – I confirm that I voted for an amendment which, amongst other things, called for an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine; called on Israel to protect hospitals and lift the siege conditions allowing food, water, electricity, medicine and fuel into Gaza; sought a guarantee that people in Gaza who are forced to flee during this conflict can return to their homes and sought an end to the expansion of illegal settlements and settler violence in the West Bank.

While the Labour amendment – which the Government used its overwhelmingly majority to block – acknowledged the daily humanitarian pauses to allow in aid and the movement of civilians, it stated that they must be longer to deliver humanitarian assistance on a scale that begins to meet the desperate needs of the people of Gaza, which is a necessary step to an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible and a credible, diplomatic and political process to deliver the lasting peace of a two-state solution.

All of us want peace and all of us want to see the loss of life come to an end.

Kind regards

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Thank you for contacting me again on 14th November 2023 about the conflict in the Middle East. I continue to be deeply concerned by what is happening and want to see this terrible situation come to an end as soon as possible..

Whilst I know that many of my constituents are already aware of my view on the appalling situation on the ground in Gaza, and specifically the need for a huge increase in international aid and the necessity for international law to be upheld, I recognise many of you have raised the specific question of the votes on the King’s Speech which took place on Wednesday, 15th November. I – along with many other members of the Parliamentary Labour Party – encouraged senior colleagues to submit a Labour amendment calling for the violence to end as soon as possible and setting out a means by which we can ensure international law is upheld.

Labour’s amendment was explicit in setting out a commitment to the rules-based international order, international humanitarian law and the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to address the conduct of all parties in Gaza and Hamas’ attack in Israel. This is a crucial point, albeit one the Government has thus far not properly addressed. More importantly it affirms that we all want to see an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine and to take the steps needed to secure an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible. However, I do not believe that an immediate cessation of hostilities is realistic or can be delivered in practice: these objectives are always hard won and involve diplomacy and negotiation and it will take time to bring this about.

“and submit to Your Majesty that this House wishes to see an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine; unequivocally condemns the horrific terrorist attack and murder of civilians by Hamas, calls for the immediate release of all hostages and reaffirms Israel’s right to defend its citizens from terrorism; believes all human life is equal and that there has been too much suffering, including far too many deaths of innocent civilians and children, over the past month in Gaza; reaffirms the UK’s commitment to the rules based international order, international humanitarian law and the jurisdiction of the ICC to address the conduct of all parties in Gaza and Hamas’s attacks in Israel; calls on Israel to protect hospitals and lift the siege conditions allowing food, water, electricity, medicine and fuel into Gaza; requests the Government continue to work with the international community to prevent a wider escalation of the conflict in the region, guarantee that people in Gaza who are forced to flee during this conflict can return to their homes and seek an end to the expansion of illegal settlements and settler violence in the West Bank; and, while acknowledging the daily humanitarian pauses to allow in aid and the movement of civilians, believe they must be longer to deliver humanitarian assistance on a scale that begins to meet the desperate needs of the people of Gaza, which is a necessary step to an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible and a credible, diplomatic and political process to deliver the lasting peace of a two-state solution.”

To reiterate – because there has been a lot of misleading information circulating – I confirm that I voted for an amendment which, amongst other things, called for an end to the violence in Israel and Palestine; called on Israel to protect hospitals and lift the siege conditions allowing food, water, electricity, medicine and fuel into Gaza; sought a guarantee that people in Gaza who are forced to flee during this conflict can return to their homes and sought an end to the expansion of illegal settlements and settler violence in the West Bank.

While the Labour amendment – which the Government used its overwhelmingly majority to block – acknowledged the daily humanitarian pauses to allow in aid and the movement of civilians, it stated that they must be longer to deliver humanitarian assistance on a scale that begins to meet the desperate needs of the people of Gaza, which is a necessary step to an enduring cessation of fighting as soon as possible and a credible, diplomatic and political process to deliver the lasting peace of a two-state solution.

Kind regards
You don't have to answer, but I'm wondering what general area you live in? This is very weasel worded imo. The more detail people go in to, the more they are trying to obfuscate.

Reactions: 13
You don't have to answer, but I'm wondering what general area you live in? This is very weasel worded imo. The more detail people go in to, the more they are trying to obfuscate.
Yes I got that impression also. I live in Cheshire

• Heart

Kind regards
I'm really embarrassed by how my mind mostly works, I can hardly ever remember or reference anything relevant to what I'm trying to talk about at the right time.
But this letter, I've got like mental whiplash trying to transpose what it's trying to say onto what's being done right now to Palestine and Palestinians, making the effort to ignore that sound like they're focusing on it.
(sorry if I haven't read it and taken it in properly though)
Edit - ah ok seems like others have taken how I've taken it

Reactions: 11
The more I see politicians haver on calling for a ceasefire, the more I think they're open to the Likud version of peace - that peace will be won by removing all Palestinians. The deaths of civilians of Gaza are being treated as a necessary evil - so long as it can be claimed a Hamas militant was among the dead no one will question the 50 others. They're just hand waved away as human shields or Hamas sympathisers.

Why, exactly, do we as a global community accept that human shields should just be killed to get to those using them? Why as a global community do we attach blame only to those claimed to be using civilians, and not those writing those civilians off as collateral damage?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I’ll go with nutter
I mean you can’t flood the media with lies and fake news and then cry when nobody believes you lol
Channel 7 here in West Aus is just perpetuating the Israel propaganda footage from the IDF.
Not sure about other channels or regions but here it is just one sided on that channel.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.