Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is getting ridiculous, they can't keep firing everybody, it's just getting so obvious now.. (I can see Keir and sunak doing this kinda thing)..

😞

Well I'm not surprised. At all...

I think this sums up exactly what I've been thinking..

Reactions: 14
That is the scariest thing. How our Government's are OK with the genocide. I can't comprehend it at all.

We said never again after the Holocaust, never again is now.

Reactions: 16
Response from my Labour MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament) which seems pretty decent, and just makes me wonder what on earth Kier Starmer and that lot are up to.

Thank you for writing to me about this important and difficult issue.

The latest conflict in Israel and Gaza has been devastating and my heart goes out to the families of all those innocent lives lost on both sides.

Hamas’s terror attack on Israel was barbaric and cannot be justified.

The indiscriminate bombing of civilians in Gaza is also barbaric and cannot be justified.

The entire Labour Party is united in demanding the free flow of medicine, food, water, and electricity into Gaza and humanitarian corridors must be opened.

There has already been too much bloodshed during this conflict. I join calls for an immediate ceasefire and release of hostages.

Tomorrow in the Scottish Parliament I and the rest of the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Party will be voting for an immediate ceasefire.

Scottish Labour will also be adding to the SNP motion to strengthen the Parliaments’ position by adding calls for the International Criminal Court to investigate the conduct of all parties in this conflict and for an end to illegal occupation and siege.

I have and will continue to advocate for an end to conflict, as seen in the Parliamentary motions I have signed here S6M-11209 | Scottish Parliament Websiteand here S6M-11019 | Scottish Parliament Website.

Despite the sense of hopelessness in the last month, I continue to believe strongly in the cause of peace in the region through a two-state solution that delivers security, peace, and freedom for all through a sovereign state of Israel and a sovereign state of Palestine.

As humans, it is only natural that we would be affected by seeing such loss and suffering. But here in Glasgow our diversity is our strength, and we must pull together instead of apart during troubling times. We cannot allow the tragic events in the Middle East to divide our communities.

I am aware of an increase in reports of both Antisemitic and Islamophobic hate crime since the conflict flared a month ago. And I want to be clear that we must not, and we will not stand for any such threats and abuse in our communities. I stand shoulder to shoulder with the Jewish and Muslim communities during this difficult time, as we think of the victims of this violent conflict.

I hope this response answers some of your questions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Response from my Labour MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament) which seems pretty decent, and just makes me wonder what on earth Kier Starmer and that lot are up to.

Thank you for writing to me about this important and difficult issue.

The latest conflict in Israel and Gaza has been devastating and my heart goes out to the families of all those innocent lives lost on both sides.

Hamas’s terror attack on Israel was barbaric and cannot be justified.

The indiscriminate bombing of civilians in Gaza is also barbaric and cannot be justified.

The entire Labour Party is united in demanding the free flow of medicine, food, water, and electricity into Gaza and humanitarian corridors must be opened.

There has already been too much bloodshed during this conflict. I join calls for an immediate ceasefire and release of hostages.

Tomorrow in the Scottish Parliament I and the rest of the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Party will be voting for an immediate ceasefire.

Scottish Labour will also be adding to the SNP motion to strengthen the Parliaments’ position by adding calls for the International Criminal Court to investigate the conduct of all parties in this conflict and for an end to illegal occupation and siege.

I have and will continue to advocate for an end to conflict, as seen in the Parliamentary motions I have signed here S6M-11209 | Scottish Parliament Websiteand here S6M-11019 | Scottish Parliament Website.

Despite the sense of hopelessness in the last month, I continue to believe strongly in the cause of peace in the region through a two-state solution that delivers security, peace, and freedom for all through a sovereign state of Israel and a sovereign state of Palestine.

As humans, it is only natural that we would be affected by seeing such loss and suffering. But here in Glasgow our diversity is our strength, and we must pull together instead of apart during troubling times. We cannot allow the tragic events in the Middle East to divide our communities.

I am aware of an increase in reports of both Antisemitic and Islamophobic hate crime since the conflict flared a month ago. And I want to be clear that we must not, and we will not stand for any such threats and abuse in our communities. I stand shoulder to shoulder with the Jewish and Muslim communities during this difficult time, as we think of the victims of this violent conflict.

I hope this response answers some of your questions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future.
That’s actually a pretty decent response. I hope they are not paying lip service and they break ranks to move forward to get a ceasefire. V was your MP one of the bad ass 54?
I wrote to my Tory MP, the fkr hasn’t even acknowledged my letter. I hear she’s retiring next year so probably gives even less fks than most!

Reactions: 12
V was your MP one of the bad ass 54?
edited to delete this because I'm talking pish / have misunderstood - no he wasn't

ETA (sorry, have messed this post up so much) but Scottish labour's position from more or less the start has been a ceasefire, it's just that no one pays attention to them. And I didn't realise they'd be voting with the SNP to call for the ICC to investigate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
That is the scariest thing. How our Government's are OK with the genocide. I can't comprehend it at all.
More to the point, for me, our governments are discussing the appropriateness of calling for a ceasefire. They're happy to play into narratives that make out a ceasefire is an attack on Israel.

Our governments are happy to claim that calls for peace are an act of violence.

The British and Labour Governments have both made their Islamophobia extremely clear and they have zero respect for any British person that questions them we are becoming more like china by the day with newspaper articles containing divisive and xenophobic rhetoric towards regular British Muslims and other communities, large numbers of police against peace protests in the city and their austerity policies to be taken further again in the autumn statement towards the disabled and most vulnerable in society they’re taking peoples rights away left right and centre I think they’ve forgotten who pays their wages and who they work for we are not their slaves to be treated like 💩.
They caused this in the first place and they need to sort it out it’s a disgrace.

Reactions: 10
edited to delete this because I'm talking pish / have misunderstood - no he wasn't

ETA (sorry, have messed this post up so much) but Scottish labour's position from more or less the start has been a ceasefire, it's just that no one pays attention to them. And I didn't realise they'd be voting with the SNP to call for the ICC to investigate.
Tbf I didn’t clock Scottish Labour had voted with the SNP, so they were one of the bad asses - which is nice to see. I didn’t see any of your original post so don’t worry

Reactions: 6
I’ll go with nutter
I mean you can’t flood the media with lies and fake news and then cry when nobody believes you lol
Of course not forgetting to know my place in relation to someone Oscar nominated for Borat 2 here, but flooding media with lies and then crying because it didn't get you where you wanted or because crying about it takes the lies further seems to happen a lot and often gets rewarded with attention i think.

---
This isn’t Muslim v Jew, Hamas killed Muslims and look at what Israel does to those who protest against it.

Probably minor, but I think the way he's phrased "to the atrocity deniers" here seems like a bit of look aren't I balanced careerism and veers into again using victims to prove arguments online.
It feeds into how "denial" is being maliciously conflated with pursuing genuine respectful investigation and analysis.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sunak Sunak you can’t hide we charge you with Genocide is apt look at this article where he said to let British people die if he didn’t care about us how would we even think he would care about the people of Gaza 😡😡😡

Reactions: 6
Slightly off-topic, but interested to know: For those based in the U.K. and Ireland, if your local authority quite literally flew the Ukrainian flag in solidarity with Ukraine outside their main Council buildings, will they be doing the same on 29th of November (the official day of solidarity with Palestinian people)?
Yes it’s to be flown in Dublin, doubt it will happen on gov buildings in NI as unionists would object but that’s never stopped the message getting across .

Attachments

• Heart
Is it Garnier or L'Oréal? Because I know Garnier donated their products to IDF in the past in support.

Can anybody shed any light on which business and which influencer this is in reference to?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

I just am so confused. Does John Kirby, and all the people reposting this approvingly, actually believe this? As Israel (and the US) are quite literally trying to wipe Gaza and the Palestinian people off the map?

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Yeah you're right, I just noticed that in second reading, sorry 😣

I don't know who the food creator or the brand would be but would love to know too.

Nah it's fine. I was curious too but the details in the post were very vague and it seems like the promotional posts were removed.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.