Israeli - Palestinian conflict #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn’t this person come out and say what they really think instead of liking posts? It’s cowardly and weird.
I can understand not wanting to be the only dissenting voice in a space, but certainly for myself I'm happy to have discussions and be respectful if there's respect in return.
When someone is liking posts that are so clearly trolling that they may as well have a bridge over their head, I have to suspect a respectful discussion isn't the hope.

Reactions: 11
I can understand not wanting to be the only dissenting voice in a space, but certainly for myself I'm happy to have discussions and be respectful if there's respect in return.
When someone is liking posts that are so clearly trolling that they may as well have a bridge over their head, I have to suspect a respectful discussion isn't the hope.
At this point in time I just can't see how any discussion can possibly be respectful? I cannot even begin to pretend that I can have respect for someone who is going to make arguments in defence of what Israel are doing right now, it's just beyond any comprehension. I suspect that poster also knows that which is why they don't bother anymore. And I'm glad!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
At this point in time I just can't see how any discussion can possibly be respectful? I cannot even begin to pretend that I can have respect for someone who is going to make arguments in defence of what Israel are doing right now, it's just beyond any comprehension. I suspect that poster also knows that which is why they don't bother anymore. And I'm glad!
Some people have been brainwashed against Muslims by MSM and generational racism and I get that what I don’t get is how anyone could condone or make excuses for a Genocide of women and kids.
If Hamas were the major casualties maybe they would have a little credibility but come on the stats are very very clear at this point that Gaza is a graveyard for women, kids and the old/vulnerable and there is zero defence it’s an abomination period and I have no time for people that try and make excuses for the inexcusable.

Reactions: 17
Some people have been brainwashed against Muslims by MSM and generational racism and I get that what I don’t get is how anyone could condone or make excuses for a Genocide of women and kids.
If Hamas were the major casualties maybe they would have a little credibility but come on the stats are very very clear at this point that Gaza is a graveyard for women, kids and the old/vulnerable and there is zero defence it’s an abomination period and I have no time for people that try and make excuses for the inexcusable.
Exactly my feeling! I saw someone post a picture of a family with a caption about how the whole family was wiped out during an airstrike, one amongst the 30,000 deaths. Some Israeli bot then commented 'but what about the 5 members of the same family killed on Oct 7th?' - like wtf?? I am appalled at ANY innocent civilian deaths, one doesn't matter more than the other - but the proportionality needs to play a massive part here because it is absolutely off the charts.

Reactions: 15
I can understand people who come at the discussion from a position of fear, particularly if they've been conditioned by decades of propaganda. I cannot agree with the position, but I can discuss and I will try not jump straight to an emotional response. I know many are just not looking at the news, some out of determined ignorance, and some out of getting upset by the violence, and as a result they never challenge their existing belief that has been formed by the rhetoric that we all grew up with.
Without being willing to discuss the matter there's many who will never step outside of the assumptions they've always had, as they go unchallenged or the challenges feel like attacks and make them react in kind.

When people are going straight to accusations or assumptions of intent (the good old "all who oppose any action Israel takes are antisemites" comes to mind) or just getting abusive I'm going to opt out.

Reactions: 13
IMG_5074.jpeg

IMG_5075.jpeg
IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

I’ve spoken to Afif many times In the past, a wonderful doctor and wonderful human who has never stopped speaking out for the people, his own people of Palestine.

seems you can openly arrange riots and anti immigrant marches on Twitter but not speak up for those being murdered in plain sight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Isn't it awful to think we were taught about WW2 at school, taught about the Holocaust. Maybe we visited Auschwitz on school trips. We heard about people who lived alongside that.

Now we are those history books. In 60 years time our great grandchildren will be taught of this in the same way.

It is unbelievable, I couldn't imagine something so awful ever happening again.

And yet here we are.

I just watched a baby, maybe 6 months old. Skin and bone. He wa brought to a medical facility but there was no hope. As much as his mama willed him to survive. Her love was not enough to keep him here.

History, eh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I cannot imagine the levels of trauma and fear in Gaza I knew the west were fully complicit when they stopped funding UNWRA.
Netanyahu stopped the investigation into 7/10 because it wasn’t the time to address who was at fault and it was not the time to apportion blame during a war and since then they have systematically destroyed the evidence, fast forward to UNWRA there was no such considerations given and they are somehow supposed to investigate while in the middle of a Genocide and all funding was withdrawn without so much as a preliminary investigation talk about double standards 🙄
Now that aid can’t be distributed properly and kids are dying all western countries that have supported Israel are responsible.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm in a major European city at the minute (vague on purpose so I'm not 🔺by the influencers i slag off lmao) and was shopping with my partner in a delicatessen this afternoon. He was buying dates and the staff member who was serving him - who was a white woman - told him quietly (unprompted) that the brand he was about to purchase, which said product of Jordan, were actually from Israel. He changed them for another brand.

I found this quite a heart warming moment. People power will defeat the genocidal entity.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
A man has set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in DC!!!!!! A US soldier, shouting "free Palestine"

That's incredibly brave. Someone else did this in Atlanta last year but it wasn't widely reported.

Some Israelis are trying to stop this endless slaughter.
---

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is where I get really frustrated at people. I remember in earlier threads hearing about how apparently in Israel people live peacefully together, how they're the goodies because there's democracy and rights and whatnot. Can you really call a country a democracy when they occupy an area and give those within it no right of self-determination? Can you claim it's a country that affords its people rights when there are laws on the books specifically outlining that rights will be limited for a group based on their ethnicity?
People get up in arms at the accusations of an apartheid system in Israel, but it's not a matter of reading into the situation - there are streets Palestinians aren't allowed to walk on. There are different requirements for the travel of Palestinians. A Palestinian who marries an Israeli is legally barred from holding the rights of any other spouse that Israeli may have married.

Israel is an apartheid state. It was long before October 7th, 2023.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is where I get really frustrated at people. I remember in earlier threads hearing about how apparently in Israel people live peacefully together, how they're the goodies because there's democracy and rights and whatnot. Can you really call a country a democracy when they occupy an area and give those within it no right of self-determination? Can you claim it's a country that affords its people rights when there are laws on the books specifically outlining that rights will be limited for a group based on their ethnicity?
People get up in arms at the accusations of an apartheid system in Israel, but it's not a matter of reading into the situation - there are streets Palestinians aren't allowed to walk on. There are different requirements for the travel of Palestinians. A Palestinian who marries an Israeli is legally barred from holding the rights of any other spouse that Israeli may have married.

Israel is an apartheid state. It was long before October 7th, 2023.
The people who want to live peacefully in Israel are the exception, like 5%. That is what you get when you actively encourage right wing extremists to settle in other peoples land, pump them full of propaganda and tell them they are the chosen people. It really is no different from the Nazis. I don’t known how you fix that in a people, it’s quite a frightening prospect.

That boy who set himself on fire in Washington has done me in this morning. I’m putting this video behind a spoiler, if you’re feeling anxious or in any way fragile don’t watch it. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Rest in peace, Aaron Bushnell. The ultimate sacrifice and form of protest. I hope it is not in vain.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Rest in peace, Aaron Bushnell. The ultimate sacrifice and form of protest. I hope it is not in vain.
He was only 25 💔 a hero, the bravery that took.

The women who did it in Atlanta back in December, I can't even find her name 😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.