Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I find their jeans fine but the sizing is off. Won’t buy socks there again because I bought a pair in there once and the plastic strip that holds the tag in place didn’t come off when I took the two itself off... didn’t notice until I had bad foot pain took my shoe off to see shards of plastic embedded in my foot! 😩

Reactions: 1

Laur91

VIP Member
The only thing I personally find Primark good for now is basics like leggings or tees (still prefer H&M really) gym stuff and pyjamas. Their sizing is always way off for me so I can never buy normal clothes from there.

Beebieboo88

I used to buy clothes for myself but don't anymore I'll buy shoes accessories etc. I buy 2 sizes up in the kids cheap tops and trousers for my little girl for nursery so when they are shrunk by the wash they do still fit lol and it doesn't matter if she ruins them. I like their homeware stuff but it's getting more and more expensive now like the clothes did

midnightrose

VIP Member
Am I the only one that hates Primark?

Firstly, I actually do not think Primark is that cheap.. I find H&M cheaper and considerably better quality! Everything I have ever purchased in Primark has developed holes or fallen apart with in one or two wears! I cannot think of one item that has stood the test of time.

Secondly, I just find Primark stores too busy, filled with people in my way!

Lastly, I just find the whole concept of ‘throw away fashion’ so horrendous. Having watched documentaries on how some of these cheaper items have are made and the factories allowing their dyes from the fabric to leak into river causing harm to locals and the environment!

And.... if I have to see one more influencer show their “Primark haul” I’m going to scream.... I don’t care what tat you have in your brown bag!

Am I alone in this?
I completely agree. I won’t step foot in a Primark

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I love Primark. I mainly only get pyjamas, socks ect but Ive found some lovely jumpers in there.

The duvet covers are really good and wash up well.

The kids clothes are exactly what they're meant to be cheap and cheerful. £1.80 for a t-shirt is perfect for a child who is just gonna get it dirty, don't see the need to pay the £5/6 t-shirts that you get at the likes of next.
I brought my friends daughter a whole outfit for her birthday (jeggings, t-shirt and a sparkly cardigan!) For £8 from Primark. I will admit the cardigan was reduced to £2 but I know she will love it.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I find Primark handy at the moment as I'm loosing weight so it means I can update my wardrobe cheaply especially with leggings/jeggings whilst dropping sizes but it is so hot and miss! I brought a pair of jeans the other day in a 18, they fell off when I stood up, got a 16 and can't get them past my knees!

DramaNoDrama

For me Primark is still cheap. Not saying it's best quality but cheap. Especially love kid's clothes, socks, flip flops, make up, reading glasses .. done of the jewellery ..
People on her mentioning it's expensive and they can buy much better and cheaper, I'd love to know what shops you go to please? 😀👍🏼
Unfortunately we don't have a H&M where I live anymore as it closed down last year to be replaced by River Island.

MrsA1234

Chatty Member
I occasionally find a few nice bits in there but I feel like the quality has gone down but price has gone up. Not that it’s anywhere remotely expensive, but I’d rather pay a slightly higher price and shop for better quality in New Look

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
I’ve never bought any clothes in Primark, their quality is appalling. I did however buy what I thought was a great make up powder brush but when I opened the packet the head fell off!! 😂 It’s that age old saying You get what you pay for!

Dumpling

Most of the stuff is really cheap looking, thin see-through material, badly cut etc. But my 2 teenage girls have had some really nice things from there as well which have looked decent quality and been good prices. Always worth a look, but I prefer H&M (although their prices vary so much) and Sainsbury’s - just wait for the 25% off every couple of months, and decent stuff in their sales too.

It’s good to burn 15 minutes when it’s chucking it down with rain. but the clothes are just not worthy. I will admit some of their home items look cute, I got the kids lunch packs in there and the odd sticking filler. I do wish they’d calm ther tits with the Disney/Hp/music slogan tee shirts it’s getting ridiculous

Bumblebee

Chatty Member
90p flipflops break so easily though. I brought a pair for my summer holiday and they broke after two days!

LonelyIsland

I rarely go in there, but I like their socks and underwear. They have some lovely throws/blankets too. The crowds drive me insane.

PinkMermaid

I used to like it for tights. Then they changed them and now they are horrific. I'm tall. I buy xl for the legs and they made the crotch to waist but sorter so all they do is roll and fall down when you walk! Bloody stupid.

I recently bought bedding and it's, touch wood, going strong. But I hate the shop. It's messy, too busy and I can never get anything to fit me.

Oh underwear. Used to buy underwear then they changed the sizing and the fabric and now they just cut me in half! I know I have curves but ffs

Downtoearth

I detest Primark and everything it stands for. Haven't even set foot in one for at least 10 years I don't think.

When we were flat broke I bought all the kids clothes from Sainsburys, and still do now as the quality is great (better than most of our Joules stuff) and I love the styles they have.

For myself I'd rather look in a charity shop if I needed something new.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
We have a caravan in the Peak district and my 7 year old plays out all day whatever the weather. His clothes for the caravan all come from primark because £1-£2 for a T-shirt and 3 quid for jogging bottoms that are only gonna get covered in mud makes sense but the quality is shit and they don’t wash well but they do last! I buy a big ‘haul’ (ha sorry! I hate that term!) for him at the beginning of the season and it sees him through to the end so 8 months. Any clothes that I want to last for him come from M&S or next.

I never buy women’s stuff, I once bought a bra and every time I bent over a titty fell out, not supportive at all.
Aha yes have fallen foul of the bras there too!